Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know we have a bad culture of alcohol in the UK, but actually among young people now sobriety seems to be the norm, statistics about Gen Z are that they are way more sober than previous generations. Not to mention all the people that don't drink for religious reasons. side note - does it annoy anyone else that she has used american spelling?!

• Heart
Reactions: 56
People are asking her to name this great hotel which is providing this 'minibar' .....

View attachment 544162

View attachment 544163

So lol she's talking about us, but what does she think we're going to do with this information exactly?

ETA the drinks are free gratis apparently 🧐

View attachment 544164
We might turn up and point and laugh! Oh duck knows. Does she think I'm going to drive six hours so I can sit in the lobby of some random hotel? Or maybe she's worried about the paps showing up and taking a photo of her nipping out to buy cans of wanky flavoured water from a Tesco Express.

Wow, she must be a big celeb now she's getting free tit in hotels. I knew i'd made it big when I stayed in a Premier Inn and they left me TWO tiny little soaps and an extra Nescafe sachet.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Why does she need to book under an assumed name anyway? She never kept her actual home address a secret or her location and activity most days. I'm guessing g her assumed name is given alongside 'I'm actually jack monroe, writer, activist, mom etc but I have stalkers so....'

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Safe from what? Bring proved a liar?

Back to Jack and her tit poetry, Why doesn't she turn it around, it is ideal fodder for R4 MyTeenage Diaries'. Will certainly give her a lot of exposurw.

See, Orphan Black, you are doing Jack a favour!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
The saddest part of the hotel situation is knowing Jack's not funny enough to check herself in as Anne Cognito.
Not saying Jack is lying 😂 (though it’s a fair assumption when she’s tweeting...) but I’d assume false/fake names wouldn’t be allowed at the moment, as surely it would present a real issue in terms of COVID tracking.

If she’s there with L or if L paid for it, perhaps it could be in her name I guess but I can’t see her having been allowed to book in a totally false one.

• Wow
Reactions: 40
Why does she need to book under an assumed name anyway? She never kept her actual home address a secret or her location and activity most days.
TBF she's on the mean streets of Manchester now, not in her usual quiet, expensive OAP enclave. She's probably looked out her stab vest and that knife she used to claim she carried around with her at all times.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
We've all but got confirmation that this infamous Treatment is something drink-related, then. She's tweeted more about alcoholism in the last two weeks than in all of last year.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
If she is in Manchester and anywhere near Canal Street, I wish her luck with normalising sobriety. There's queues to get in each and every space outside the bars. The sun has come out and it is packed. Can't see much alcohol free drinks being served either.

No I'm not stalking her, just meeting a couple of friends that live in an adjacent building for a sit in the park.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
I've never had Yakult, for the simple reason that the sheer amount of plastic used in those tiny bottles is just not for me. The same reason I don't drink things like Purdeys...the aluminium bottle just seems so excessive. I wonder if Jack will be rinsing out the little bottles and making sure they are recycled.

It gets right up my goat how on the one hand she's saying that she's too busy to tweet the MR TK campaign, but can post gleeful bragging about the pretend contents of a hotel fridge. Most people haven't stayed in a hotel for a very long time, but she's got to let the masses know that she's special.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Why does she need to book under an assumed name anyway? She never kept her actual home address a secret or her location and activity most days. I'm guessing g her assumed name is given alongside 'I'm actually jack monroe, writer, activist, mom etc but I have stalkers so....'
As far as I know you have to show ID at most hotels and give your credit card details for security and so that you don't skank the bill or nick stuff. Unless you are blumming kanye west and have an entourage.

Reactions: 43
Sorry, quoting myself. Looks like I'm too late to delete my posts naming the apartment myself. Could a moderator please remove?
Ok will do.
ETA - ok, spose it’s best not to post screenshots of where we think she might be. Yes we may all be *harmless* but this is an open forum and it’s best to be on the safe side and not post details.

Reactions: 47
I've never had Yakult, for the simple reason that the sheer amount of plastic used in those tiny bottles is just not for me. The same reason I don't drink things like Purdeys...the aluminium bottle just seems so excessive. I wonder if Jack will be rinsing out the little bottles and making sure they are recycled.
Shel'll either bring the empty bottles home to repurpose as salt shakers or something, or she'll offer to post them off to one of her admiring fans.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.