Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'How to Make Food Using Food That is the Same Food as the Food You are Trying to Make' by Jack Monroe coming soon to a bargain bin near you
‘Brought to you by Jack Monroe, of Jack Monroe fame! Creator of the maverick recipes porridge with water, and eating a Pot Noodle’

• Haha
Reactions: 40
What’s in the rest of the fridge, that’s the big question. Yeah, it’s slop ingredients

• Haha
Reactions: 38
If you look closely at the picture of the fridge door you can see at the top right hand corner what appears to be a picture rail. The crappy bungalow has a picture rail in the dining room. We know the massive fridge isn't in the kitchen, apparently it wouldn't fit.

Just saying.
Also the angle of the photo looks like it’s the top half of a mega fridge or fridge freezer, or was she laying on the floor when taking the photo? 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Here's a screenshot from the Whitworth Locke website - not sure if this will work. If it does, notice the carafe.

ETA It worked!!
The kitchen style seems to match the happy place?

Sorry to quote myself, but they're gradually appearing on her follower list now. Still really weird that there's such a steady flow of them.
Could it be from the world book night giveaway?

• Wow
Reactions: 19
The kitchen style seems to match the happy place?

Could it be from the world book night giveaway?
I just looked :ROFLMAO: There is a blue kitchen in one of the apartments but the bench tops and taps don't match the happy place.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Can't see anywhere on the Whitworth Locke website about a fully stocked fridge. They talk about sheets and blackout curtains and kitchen equipment and whatnot. The only thing about food is they will tell you where to buy your own basically. Not proof that she stocked the fridge herself but you would think WL would advertise the fact they are stuffing the fridge full for their guests if they were.

ETA Nice place btw.
Aye I had a quick look because I'm bored and I wouldn't mind staying there at that price, expected it to be double what it is, and of course now they may well have a celebrity endorsement

Oooooo careful now, wasn't such a statement the start of thread 31?! :ROFLMAO:
My god I dunno if I could cope with a live invasion from Jack, I've only skimmed the infamous thread 31 (got shining/1984 vibes there quite appropriately) because of the sheer cringe, but I do like how pretty much everyone just carries on conversations around and over her.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I just went to twatter to have a nose at the original fridge post and it says it's been retweeted 522 times?!!!!
Dafuqqqq?? Who is rt-ing this nonsensery? Do paid followers do retweets too?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
People are asking her to name this great hotel which is providing this 'minibar' .....

Screenshot 2021-04-24 at 13.54.09.png

Screenshot 2021-04-24 at 13.54.21.png

So lol she's talking about us, but what does she think we're going to do with this information exactly?

ETA the drinks are free gratis apparently 🧐

Screenshot 2021-04-24 at 13.57.43.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Receptionist: “Aah could you hold for one moment please Ms Monroe?”
*Gestures for manager*
Receptionist: “Sorry to bother you but remember Marcus Rashford sent every hotel in Manchester an email begging asking them if they ever receive a phone call from a Jack Monroe asking for a room to say they’re fully booked? Well I’ve currently got her on hold asking to make sure they’ll be no alcohol in the fridge even though we don’t anyways”
Manager: "Just get rid of her."
Receptionist: "But she's saying she once cooked a three course meal for Mary Portas..."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Can I ask, if anyone's been blocked by her in the past, could you maybe check that you're still blocked? Because while her numbers are going up steadily, it's not showing up in her follower list (which is to say, the most recent followers remain static, new followers aren't coming up at the top of her list, IYSWIM). So I'm wondering if she's doing a mass unblocking or something.
Mysterious, checked and I’m still blocked (for the mere offence of liking a brave squiggle’s comment)

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.