Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wonder if the kitted out kitchen is blue? With a locking cupboard

You’re right, but she’s driven us to this 🙃
It's not like we have any choice in the matter. It's a well known fact, gaslighters make you do crazy things., this is out of our control.
I'm on le tren to Manchestah as we speak we need a resolution and fast before we do something stupid.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Yep if she’s staying anywhere, she’ll be staying at another aparthotel where she can ‘cook’ again.
And sing, halfway up or dooon the stairs. Did she do some oasis in Edinburgh? I wasn't in the cable then but grunked that era

Reactions: 14
I had a a look at TripAdvisor reviews for that place, and the photos. Lots of reviews mentioned that they give you a bottle of milk in the fridge, and there's tea and coffee. No other drinks mentioned though. 🤔
“Hello I’m phoning about my booking. I’m Jack monroe and I’ve been working with Marcus Rashford on free school meals, can you make sure there is no alcohol in the fridge”

• Haha
Reactions: 44
“Hello I’m phoning about my booking. I’m Jack monroe and I’ve been working with Marcus Rashford on free school meals, can you make sure there is no alcohol in the fridge”
'here's a list of my preferred prodrinks'

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Someone phone up the hotel and see if anyone has checked in under the name Mx Pars Leigh.

• Haha
Reactions: 70
I've got a great image of her booking into a hotel as Go Henry now

eta: why would you want an appliance you keep all your food in to be branded 'smeg'
Hi, can I make a booking, the name is Mx Henry, Greta Olivia Henry, Yes, G O Henry.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Like @MancBee said, where's the coke and the pepsi? It's strange they wouldnt have at least one can of each, yet lots of kombacha. I have never had it and I rarely see it in my local stores. It's an odd choice for a hotel to put into their fridge.

Also does her poor northern Irish pixie know the Mournes are ablaze? Wonder if she will tweet that,
The water kefir in the photo is literally only available from Ocado and some online wholefoods stores - there's absolutely no way a massive hotel would bother to buy stuff for every guest. Even in fancy hotels you get coke/pepsi, some Perrier and other mixers.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
That aparthotel is right opposite Canal Street, so is a very good possibility. Though I can't think of anywhere near that location that would carry out any sort of medical treatment. It is city centre, so no hospitals, private or otherwise, no clinics, no rehab centres, no cosmetic procedures. There's a GP's surgery (mine, and they are fantastic) adjacent to Canal Street that has addiction clinics, but as far as I know they do not offer any services to anyone that isn't their patient.

• Wow
Reactions: 40
The water kefir in the photo is literally only available from Ocado and some online wholefoods stores - there's absolutely no way a massive hotel would bother to buy stuff for every guest. Even in fancy hotels you get coke/pepsi, some Perrier and other mixers.
It's always a half-size can of coke, too, and costs about 5€. Don't you miss hotels?

She'll be in some hipster aparthotel, but she definitely bought most, if not all, of that herself. It would be just like Jack to choose accommodation based on fridge brand.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Wonder if the kitted out kitchen is blue? With a locking cupboard

It's not like we have any choice in the matter. It's a well known fact, gaslighters make you do crazy things., this is out of our control.
I'm on le tren to Manchestah as we speak we need a resolution and fast before we do something stupid.
Yeah, I’m just grateful we’re not all arguing. I’d rather be sent over the edge and scour Google images for internal door specs of Smeg fridges, than be left chaosless. Nothing good happens for the cable when she stops doing weird tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I had a a look at TripAdvisor reviews for that place, and the photos. Lots of reviews mentioned that they give you a bottle of milk in the fridge, and there's tea and coffee. No other drinks mentioned though. 🤔
Yeah you wouldn't expect any alcohol in the fridge of that kind of Aparthotel, would you? Although this being Jack, she was probably expecting a bottle of champers on ice and one of those gift baskets on account of her imagined VIP status.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
It's always a half-size tin of coke, too, and costs about 5€. Don't you miss hotels?

She'll be in some hipster aparthotel, but she definitely bought most, if not all, of that herself. It would be just like Jack to choose accommodation based on fridge brand.
I think the shout out from the drink company seals the deal that it is just a Jack Ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
It's always a half-size can of coke, too, and costs about 5€. Don't you miss hotels?

I don't usually miss hotels, but after looking at Jack's choice of hotel I'm starting to crave a holiday 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I'm on the cusp of declaring myself a #fridgetruther but part of me hopes she's actually taken her bag of parsley away for a long weekend as a treat. I'm imagining such scenarios as her draping a complimentary bathrobe around it, propping it up on the pillow next to her as she lies tweeting furiously in bed, and asking it "Shall we order room service?"
Holding it up to her ear so she can hear its reply 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
If it is her own fridge, and she is at home, what a strange thing to do, pretend to be in an hotel. A very expensive hotel that has SMEG fridges in their rooms. Stacked to the top with high end drinks. Why not a couple of lemonade and Pepsi? Where is the overpriced chocolate bars? Has anyone ever seen an hotel fridge with that amount of drinks in it?

If she is in an hotel, what a strange thing to do, praise it for providing non alcoholic drinks, but not even say which hotel chain it is. How is that helpful to anyone else? She doesn't have to say which city she is in. A simple "XYZ hotel chains are great, look what they've done for me" would be all that was needed.

But she's at home isn't she?
I swear just when I think her lies cannot get more bizarre... no way would a hotel restock a fridge and leave in opened bottles surely?!

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.