Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Sooooo the aparthotel Jack stayed in in Edinburgh is a chain (although can't be sure there are more than eight locations?? 🥴) and they have a branch in Manchester. It has full size smeg fridges and that oh-so-quirky millennial aesthetic Jack loves. Just sayin, fridge truthers 😅!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 88

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Unless she is breadcrumbing here and asking for herself.
My thoughts exactly. No cat to roll out for floofiness so what will detract from her petulant behaviour on The Hellsite? A self-proclaimed alcoholic talking about AA related things. How convenient.

You know what, I reckon I must be some sort of genius, getting myself to that first meeting without Jack to save me....she actually makes me sick. If this is someone else in the very early, extremely difficult dayswhen you don’t want to drink but your body is screaming at you to take alcohol and your head tells you you don’t deserve any better then she should have googled and every Zoom meeting in the world would come up. There’s a reason why things are done the way they are in AA for people’s safety.

I’ll tell you who’s fewmin, I’M FEWMIN!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 88

misshydrangea

I’d never heard of Jack Monroe but noticed the high number of threads so thought I’d check out the Wiki.
Thank you to the tattlers who wrote it. I’ve not laughed so hard all YEAR.
Just wanted to express my thanks!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 87

bowiethesdmn

VIP Member
I like how she's asking for people to send her sensitive personal info after showing very publicly that she does not give a shit about the protection of said info or the well-being of the people who submit it.

Good luck!

• Sad
  • Wow

LavaFlake

VIP Member
It's genuinely disgusting she hasn't retweeted.

She's found time tweet about Binface ffs. But can't evem click on MR's post and then click the retweet button. Don't even need to quote tweet luv, your 330k or whatever audience just need to see the shared content.

So she can't use finding the time as an excuse.

What a nasty self publicist who clearly doesn't GAF about the bigger issue here, only when she can firmly attach her coattails onto it.

If she hasn't tweeted about it by end of day she'll have gone even further down in my estimations (and yes that is possible). We're waiting... it takes 2 seconds to tap retweet hun xxx

• Heart

SweetTransvestite

VIP Member
She totally fucked up imo not giving the Full Time Meals thing a 👍whether her squiggle defenders or (🧦🧦🧦)take your pick your honour ,think she invented cheap cooking ,a lot of brands etc will jump on this train Sainos,Asda,Waitrose and Ocado are already behind it and more will undoubtedly follow along with those famous faces who will lend a hand .
It seems more brands, chains and names are associating themselves as clearly the right thing to do (regardless of how as a society we've gotten to this point) is to facilitate and educate without judgement. The basis of the project is to just get kids fed, without ego or fanfare.

The FullTime Meals initiative has the potential to become the 'Captain Tom' of 2021 as unless you really are a massive bastard surely everyone is anti-child poverty? Last year supporting an old man doing his bit to help an underfunded NHS in a global pandemic brought the country together and it had a knock-on effect that inspired others to do similar.

Imagine publicly stating your pronouns are 'getting people fed' then not saying a fucking word in support of an initiative that has the potential to make this a reality?
This much protected 'Body Of Work' really is just a notebook with "ME. JACK MONROE. BY JACK MONROE" scrawled on the front and filled with blank pages.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 86

Flumps

VIP Member
If I was Marcus Rashford I would have muted her after this old tweet from the FSM thing (I’m amazed it’s still there!). He probably doesn’t even know she is harping on.

View attachment 542643
God, this tweet still makes me so angry. It is one of the most patronising things I've ever seen.

Re: squiggles - one's been around for ages and I'm sure reads here (maybe used to post here, though no evidence for that and I don't know who they were), and often pops up with replies on negative JM tweets. The other in this case is BLM squiggle who raised an absolutely appropriate grievance with JM around the BLM issues. No idea if they were already onto her or if the BLM stuff tipped them over the edge. They're a bit of a hero, they didn't back down and they were absolutely the grown up in the conversation. No idea if they read here, but if they do then I hope they know they're pretty cool.

I do love a new arrival, especially with a good back story, but I do like that there are brave squiggles out there fighting the good fight. I've never interacted with JM on social media, only here when she came to our yard (TM @heretoreaditall2019), and it's sometimes super-frustrating to sit on my hands, particularly lately.

@Orphan_Black - speaking of thread #31. I said something to JM there about her ASD (compared her behaviour to my daughter who also has ASD) and she took what I'd said and used it a few times as the explanation for a couple of her behaviours. I thought I was going a bit nuts (sorry, but I am nuts, so please can I be allowed the colloquialism?) when she did it (I've had someone do that to me before - take something about me and tell it as if it were their story) and it's *incredibly* disorientating. I mentioned it here and I think a couple of people said they'd noticed it too, and then I felt a bit less unstable. Hope you're feeling better now. (Sorry for ALL THE BRACKETS).

• Heart
  • Wow

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
So she's trying to set up her friend who's in "very early recovery" with .... some internet random? OK.

I think it's pretty safe to say her 'intensive, all day treatment' is as suspected, some kind of rehab
Ummm if it was some kind of rehab, wouldn't she be better off asking for possible sponsors there, rather than on twitter?

• Angry
  • Sad
It is interesting isn't it?
For all Jack's faults I don't ever get the impression she would be actually unpleasant to work with on these TV/media things, in that I don't think she'd be rude. She is too eager to please.
So the rot sets in somewhere. Apart from the obvious that she can't cook, maybe her lack of professionalism all round is the problem - scampering, gazing at lights, being needy. Her behaviour on twitter around whatever she does must be a big thing, bringing along her odd followers too.

And I'm not surprised at her being off twitter. She has pointed out several times she is far too BUSY to retweet MR and TK. So to tweet some other nonsense now points out she was not busy at all, just really really did not want to do it.
There’s no way to write this without sounding like a complete and utter bitch, but don’t think it’s anything she does, I think she’s just bad at it.

She has no presence, she gets anxious, she sounds like she’s going to burst into tears and she fairly obviously doesn’t actually enjoy it. I don’t think the difficult to work with was about her personality, the billy big bollocks act is just for Twitter, I think it’s that she’s a liability live and recording you probably have do 20+ takes to get to acceptable never mind decent.

And I genuinely don’t think she can help any of it. It’s not some sort of maverick pixie ASD act, it’s just not her thing and that’s not her fault.

But the fact she continues pursuing it, searching it out, accepting a lot of money for it, that bit is entirely her fault.

• Heart
Reactions: 85

Emmapism

VIP Member
I’ve just looked at FC’s Instagram, and she’s got 3.3M followers. I reckon they’re going for a mix of people who the kids might not know, but the parents will. Again, RB’s podcast always seems quite high up on the top 10 list, people of some demographic or another are definitely into him. I guess they needed 52 people who were willing to do it for no fee, who were into the project and available.

I don’t know much about Fearne, she seems kind and warm. In my head she’s in a category with Giovanna Fletcher, sort of ‘look how greasy my hair is, guys!’ relatable to hun-mums.
She's deffo a Hun mum.

She stood on my foot once at a gig and didn't apologise (too busy looking cool I guess) so naturally I despise her.

• Haha
  • Heart

Hollaaa

VIP Member
Disappointing that someone can tweet that their pronouns are getting people fed (paraphrase) but can't tweet anything useful in terms of getting people fed. It's the work of a moment.

• Heart

Powershower

Chatty Member
Congratulations to @Powershower
Welcome to thread 183 cool caballers.

Jack claims she was contacted by journalists about Bawsa's response to the football super league versus free school meals. The cabal says aye right!

Her latest cosplay in the absence of Cooper is to deploy clown costumes for when she runs away to join the circus.

Jack shows us her big girl watch. It even has a calculator.

The squiggles are becoming forensic and beginning to question Jack on a granular level about her lack of involvement and support in Tom Kerridge and Marcus Rashford's new campaign. Jack is becoming snarky, sarky and salty but won't admit her lack of involvement. This lady is not for turning.

Housekeeping

*]

Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Also, try to hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.
Oh wow my first thread title, feel like I’ve won an Oscar 😍

• Haha
  • Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
Imagine opening a hotel fridge, looking for some nice refreshments, and finding a row of fucking Yakult? WTF?

BTW Jack, you have good grounds for a complaint here. These bottles in the bottom right have been opened. Unsanitary at the best of times, but extremely bad form in a pandemic! What is this hotel playing at, eh? 🤔

20210424_091259.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 84

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I’m triggering an emergency protocol for @MancBee in case Jack is in his neck of the woods.
1) avoid sainsburys local, Tesco express, Nisa etc. just shop at a Lidl or Aldi if you must. If for any reason you find yourself in one of these shops, do NOT approach any yellow sticker items, or talk in a whisper to any any smol pixies even to tell them they’re great.
2) avoid travelling by train or tram, which is like a train, unless your shins are adequately protected.
3) check with neighbours before eating any food left on your step. Remember, the soup with stuffing wasn’t 100% sloppy, dangerous slop could be disguised as something else.

I know it’s hard as we’ve just left lockdown, but it’s for your own good Manc.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84