Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she genuinely was part of this initiative she would be shouting it from the rooftops. It will be a successful campaign, and one that will run and run. She could have had been a part of something big, something truly inspirational, if she had a better attitude and work ethic.

She doesn't understand the bigger picture, does she? Sometimes by doing something that is altruistic it leads to other things. Despite her protestations, and stating how much she does for free, she only does something that benefits her directly.
Exactly. This initiative might not pay, but if Jack had been involved then her name would have been all over the news next to Tom and Marcus. Ultimately, this is good for her brand, and next time some wanky marketing executive is looking for a face that fits their budget/healthy campaign, they'd be like "how about that smol pixie who did the thing with Marcus Rashford?"

And then she could recreate the Money scene from Cabaret in the living room of her crappy bungalow.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Tbh I would have thought if they were undergoing treatment for anything it would be Social Media addiction ,spending eleventy million hours a day tweeting every minutiae of her life ,I mean the world doesn't need to know you have the raging shits for example ,now you could argue all day long whether there is any grain of truth to all the crumb dropping they have been doing over the last few days .

But if they are trying to sort out any major issues whether it be an addiction to whatever or just some major dental treatment hopefully it all goes well and she comes out the other side better than they went in .

She totally fucked up imo not giving the Full Time Meals thing a 👍whether her squiggle defenders or (🧦🧦🧦)take your pick your honour ,think she invented cheap cooking ,a lot of brands etc will jump on this train Sainos,Asda,Waitrose and Ocado are already behind it and more will undoubtedly follow along with those famous faces who will lend a hand .

Anyway BUSY so I'm gonna duck right off .
Perhaps that's why she's refusing to tweet about" every aspect of her life" it's part of her treatment.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
No empathy no imagination no warmth no kindness no humour. Inhabiting a land of surfaces without depth.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
The polar bears are having enough issues without putting Jack near them! Maybe just pop her in a spaceship and let her fly around not bothering anyone 😂

I’m surprised too. She’ll probably share some long winded tweet/article about it later 🙄
We could send her to the titanic? Very peaceful, lots of deckchairs

• Haha
Reactions: 34
If I was Marcus Rashford I would have muted her after this old tweet from the FSM thing (I’m amazed it’s still there!). He probably doesn’t even know she is harping on.

EC0ACE37-D73F-4687-B3DE-B9E5368EE00C.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 83
Long time lurker popping up to say hello 👋 Been reading since last year; I knew of jack Monroe and actually came to tattle to read about another influencer and saw her threads and wanted a read. It was about the time of her kicking off about THAT MAN and starting DKL and I couldn’t believe how she was acting and started reading her threads. You bunch of ninnies have kept me hooting and fizzing all year! I’m going to go for a piss and a sandwich now, but will be reading and commenting on these threads as they continue!

ETA: 🥕
Welcome

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Why though 🤷🏻‍♀️ I thought his star had waned somewhat. Aside from what Jack hinted about him, he’s always given me the creeps. I’m wary of his motives.
Also feel that way about RB, another one who does pretend smiles, he always looks Iike he is baring his teeth.

And he has always struck me as some one who secretly hates women.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Yes! I knew it started with kom, but it's been driving me crazy trying to remember the word. Thank(space)you!

I reckon so. We have a LOT of lurkers, and particularly people who've had a run-in with Jack - during BLM, McCartneygate, or whatever else - will google and end up reading here!

(Newcomers, please join us if you want. Don't worry, there are no slop-based initiation rituals)
Well apart from the tomato/stuffing soup one 🤪

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
I’ve just looked at FC’s Instagram, and she’s got 3.3M followers. I reckon they’re going for a mix of people who the kids might not know, but the parents will. Again, RB’s podcast always seems quite high up on the top 10 list, people of some demographic or another are definitely into him. I guess they needed 52 people who were willing to do it for no fee, who were into the project and available.

I don’t know much about Fearne, she seems kind and warm. In my head she’s in a category with Giovanna Fletcher, sort of ‘look how greasy my hair is, guys!’ relatable to hun-mums.
I'm no fan of Fearne, but she does at least seem to be quite genuine with her mindfulness stuff.

Reactions: 28
Long time lurker popping up to say hello 👋 Been reading since last year; I knew of jack Monroe and actually came to tattle to read about another influencer and saw her threads and wanted a read. It was about the time of her kicking off about THAT MAN and starting DKL and I couldn’t believe how she was acting and started reading her threads. You bunch of ninnies have kept me hooting and fizzing all year! I’m going to go for a piss and a sandwich now, but will be reading and commenting on these threads as they continue!

Welcome. These threads have certainly brightened up lockdown for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Welcome aboard! I think a lot of us start out like that - you see Jack Monroe threads trending and think, "huh, isn't she the cheap food woman? What's going on there?" Then it's one year later and you'll never find your way out again...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Noooo! I like the moon, can't have her marauding around on it! How about the North pole?

I'm surprised she still hasn't shared a thing re fulltime meals, even though it'd be with gritted teeth and she wouldn't be happy about doing it. She's really showing herself up. If you genuinely cared about poverty issues, you'd spread the word about any initiatives that looked to make positive change. She's selfish to the core and this has demonstrated that fact very well indeed.

Good morning you faceless bastards ☺
That's what I cannot get, if and it's a big IF she is involved, why hadn't she retweeted it, she doesn't have to say anything just retweet it, show her support. She is "involved" after all so it makes sense.

Reactions: 34
If I was Marcus Rashford I would have muted her after this old tweet from the FSM thing (I’m amazed it’s still there!). He probably doesn’t even know she is harping on.

View attachment 542643
This is it, imagine her partnering with Rashford (or anyone for the matter) and undoing loads of hard work with one of her ill-considered, borderline libellous 'fugue state' style tweets. The only thing she's good for is as a cautionary tale of how *not* to conduct yourself on twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
The polar bears are having enough issues without putting Jack near them! Maybe just pop her in a spaceship and let her fly around not bothering anyone 😂

I’m surprised too. She’ll probably share some long winded tweet/article about it later 🙄
Shall we DM Elon Musk? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 48

View attachment 542643
God, this tweet still makes me so angry. It is one of the most patronising things I've ever seen.

Re: squiggles - one's been around for ages and I'm sure reads here (maybe used to post here, though no evidence for that and I don't know who they were), and often pops up with replies on negative JM tweets. The other in this case is BLM squiggle who raised an absolutely appropriate grievance with JM around the BLM issues. No idea if they were already onto her or if the BLM stuff tipped them over the edge. They're a bit of a hero, they didn't back down and they were absolutely the grown up in the conversation. No idea if they read here, but if they do then I hope they know they're pretty cool.

I do love a new arrival, especially with a good back story, but I do like that there are brave squiggles out there fighting the good fight. I've never interacted with JM on social media, only here when she came to our yard (TM @heretoreaditall2019), and it's sometimes super-frustrating to sit on my hands, particularly lately.

@Orphan_Black - speaking of thread #31. I said something to JM there about her ASD (compared her behaviour to my daughter who also has ASD) and she took what I'd said and used it a few times as the explanation for a couple of her behaviours. I thought I was going a bit nuts (sorry, but I am nuts, so please can I be allowed the colloquialism?) when she did it (I've had someone do that to me before - take something about me and tell it as if it were their story) and it's *incredibly* disorientating. I mentioned it here and I think a couple of people said they'd noticed it too, and then I felt a bit less unstable. Hope you're feeling better now. (Sorry for ALL THE BRACKETS).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 86
There's a few tweets today from organisations who are attempting to give away loads of copies of Good Food for Bad Days 😂. It includes this one ...
Screenshot 2021-04-23 at 11.56.34.png

.... which takes you to a facebook video of a lady doing two of the recipes from it. The first one is a tomato soup one, and the ingredients are tinned tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, and .... a tin of tomato soup. So she's written a recipe for tomato soup whose main ingredient is tinned tomato soup. The second recipe is for ice cream cake. You mix melted ice cream with flour and baking power and then stick it in the oven. I'd be almost tempted to try this (just to see how bad it is) except for the fact that it seems like a huge waste of a tub of ice cream.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 99
Welcome aboard! I think a lot of us start out like that - you see Jack Monroe threads trending and think, "huh, isn't she the cheap food woman? What's going on there?" Then it's one year later and you'll never find your way out again...
Welcome to The Hotel CabalFornia

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
There's a few tweets today from organisations who are attempting to give away loads of copies of Good Food for Bad Days 😂. It includes this one ...View attachment 542690

.... which takes you to a facebook video of a lady doing two of the recipes from it. The first one is a tomato soup one, and the ingredients are tinned tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, and .... a tin of tomato soup. So she's written a recipe for tomato soup whose main ingredient is tinned tomato soup. The second recipe os for ice cream cake. You mix melted ice cream with flour and baking power and then stick it in the oven. I'd be almost tempted to try this (just to see how bad it is) except for the fact that it seems like a huge waste of a tub of ice cream.
Why is the idea of tomato soup as an ingredient for tomato soup making me feel incredibly queasy!?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.