Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I just re read the GQ interview - the shade about Jack's meatballs is funnier than I thought. The writer of the piece was there on the day of the six inch heels scampering. Marcus 'groans' remembering it. So not an entirely joyful memory then. It is the writer, Paul Henderson, who comments at the end about the how bad the meatballs were.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 83

waffle maker

VIP Member
If I was Marcus Rashford I would have muted her after this old tweet from the FSM thing (I’m amazed it’s still there!). He probably doesn’t even know she is harping on.

EC0ACE37-D73F-4687-B3DE-B9E5368EE00C.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow

GoLando

VIP Member
Welcome to newbies and delurkers.

I long for the day 28k Viggle and Trifle Defender unmask themselves to the rapturous applause of the Church of the Lost Scarf Apostles of our Louisa J Christ.

• Haha
  • Heart

Tabitha D

VIP Member
It’s incredibly stupid. People picked randomly off the internet could be anyone. And Jack’s effectively advertising a vulnerable woman to 300,000+ people.
I hope AA or someone similar steps in. It’s just so inappropriate.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

colouredlines

VIP Member
It's worth mentioning that we're all so shocked and appalled by this dickhead squiggle in part because Jack is so rarely trolled. There are so many other people who get vicious attacks with everything they tweet. That just doesn't usually happen to Jack.

I'm not in any way defending or downplaying dickhead squiggle, who is a nasty little shit, but it just seems extra shocking in the context of a woman whose mentions are usually 99% fawning adoration.

• Heart
  • Sad

Flumps

VIP Member
I think she would be one of those who simpers and goes all wide eyed at the IMPORTANT people, whilst simultaneously being an utter dick to anybody she sees as a minion. So Dinnerladies and Production Assistants would get the full force DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM when they're not being ignored or dismissed with a click of the fingers.
Sorry to pick on your post oh fiery one, as there have been others, but I disagree and I'm in the nice-as-pie-to-everyone-in-real-life camp. I don't think she'd say boo to a goose. I think all those 'and then everyone clapped' stories about her shin-kicking/confronting the bigots are just hyped up versions of her muttering under her breath after they're out of earshot, or a bit of pass-agg snappiness at worst. I think she is probably overly grateful and overly sycophantic to everyone involved in any sort of media production. I can't imagine her (despite her shouting on Twitter) properly fronting up. She seems too nervy and insecure to me. Remember the Toff video - she was desperate to be liked by her and far too nervous and uncontrolled to make her points. That's in-person Jack to me. I like that Jack a lot more than Twitter Jack (albeit a low bar), because it seems like it's really her. I think a lot of what sounds like snippiness with Matt on DKL is just her trying to be funny in a piss-taking way, but it comes off snide because she's just so uncomfortable. I think his snippiness was a bit more deliberate. She wanted him to like her. I think she wants everyone to like her.

I agree with @CabalofBolorneaise - she doesn't get invited back because she doesn't make good telly. I would make fucking dire telly, so I sympathise on that front, less so with her seemingly bizarre belief that she should have a telly career despite this. That's the weird entitled side she could really do with damping down.

• Heart

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
'Although Kerridge freely admits he never went hungry as a child, his background – growing up with a single parent in a less privileged area of the UK and having free school meals – is not dissimilar from that of Rashford and together they make a good pairing.'

That sentence speaks VOLUMES!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha

Clarends

Chatty Member
Welcome aboard! I think a lot of us start out like that - you see Jack Monroe threads trending and think, "huh, isn't she the cheap food woman? What's going on there?" Then it's one year later and you'll never find your way out again...
Welcome to The Hotel CabalFornia

• Haha
  • Heart

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
This person HATES her.
Wow 😳 I sincerely hope that people can see the difference between our discussions here, and that troll attack.

We are not ever attacking Jack FOR having any problem/condition/addiction. We are objectively looking at the lying and grifting. Nobody here would attack her for actually going to AA, or needing/accessing proper support for anything - in fact we encourage it!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81

Emmapism

VIP Member
Thank youuuu @People-huv-tae-know for doing the do. I was talking about you all (anonymously) with my sister on the phone just now.

She has been making friends on Twitch and I mentioned how I had made some pals on an internet forum. I've said it before but these laughs are a godsend at times aren't they?

Primed and ready for a Thursday night chaos

• Heart
  • Haha
I know I am wildly speculating. Imagine her in a hotel with all the Manchester utd lads.

She wouldn't know what to do with herself.

Plus she's probably enjoying all the attention we are giving speculating, it would be shame to disappoint her.
She’d repeat that cringe Glasto story about her wading up to some firemen and going “hello boys”, can’t type that without dying but always imagine she walked towards them like this

• Haha
  • Heart
I work at your run-of-the-mill hotel in Leeds, and I don't know about fancier hotels but we would never be allowed to leave an open, glass garaffe of water in the fridge. Our number one golden rule for hotel treats / drinks is that they have to be factory sealed for a list of reasons, and it's actually stating to make me feel disturbed like who is this calculative? During COVID we were sent gift baskets and takeaways from loads of food places and again, unless stuff was factory sealed we weren't allowed to give them to guests. This is literally how high profile people are often poisoned, and given she's such a mega celebrity with all these stalkers, should she not be terrified?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

MancBee

VIP Member
Why though 🤷🏻‍♀️ I thought his star had waned somewhat. Aside from what Jack hinted about him, he’s always given me the creeps. I’m wary of his motives.
Russell Brand has made a career out of being what stupid people think a genius sounds like. I remember years ago, people being convinced he was going to lead some kind of political revolution? WTF?

This is one of the few times I'm with Jack (until she started following him again a week ago).
He gives off deeply unpleasant vibes. Never looks clean either, not someone I'd want hanging around me or my food tbh
You three are perfect examples of why I feel so at home here. Back when Russell Brand was popular, I felt so out of step. I couldn't stand him, thought he was creepy and as funny as a dose of clap. I couldn't understand his appeal and wondered why people didn't see him the way I saw him.

I didn't like the way he used his previous drug use as a personality trait. In the early days he used it as a central part of his comedy act. Monetising it, and almost glamourising it in a strange sort of way. "Look at me, I've been a drug addict and it's given me a unique take on life"

But obviously there were people like me...and I have finally found you all.

• Heart
Reactions: 80

Hollaaa

VIP Member
I drank 30% of a flat bottle of complementary champagne before breakfast (had the rest solo the night before) because no fucking way was I leaving it in the hotel room. #foodwastechampion

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80

Ellabella

VIP Member
I honestly don't think she is at home. I think us speculating she is makes us look bonkers, to be honest. Sorry guys.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

MancBee

VIP Member
Good morning you bunch of mithering ninnies.

Manchester has had beautiful blue skies for the whole of the past week. Today I have woken up to grey leaden skies. Is this an omen?

Has Jack asked all the local supermarkets to remove all the alcohol? What about the convenience stores? What about the hotel bar? Alcohol is absolutely everywhere in our society, like it or not. With the Covid restrictions, the bars are only serving outside, so you only have to walk down a city street to see alcohol being drunk. It must be really difficult for alcoholics, but something that will not change soon.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77