Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus I am late today...
- jack in standard denim but does look good
- not as good as Matt in black - woof
- jack seems to have hit her stride EXCEPT why the duck is she bobbing about like she is at sea, it’s making me sick.
- lots of hilarity over a lemon.
- there’s a ridiculous bit where she nearly spits her food out over Matt mentioning a sausage.
- yawn. Glad it’s over.
- thank you very Matt much.
- see you all at Saturday Kitchen Live NOT YOU JACK!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Ok will do.
ETA - ok, spose it’s best not to post screenshots of where we think she might be. Yes we may all be *harmless* but this is an open forum and it’s best to be on the safe side and not post details.
Thank(space)you 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I’d be fucked off if my complimentary drinks were energy drinks, those things are tit.
And they aren’t ‘free’ they’ve added it into the room cost.

Get out of here with your American Z.
Normalise standard British spellings.
This has got me wondering why Jack uses so many Americanisms (CPS in reference to Child Protective Services, her five hundred lawyers on speed dial etc) and whether she thinks she's big in the US for some reason or assumes everyone online is American

Reactions: 40
If she is in Manchester and anywhere near Canal Street, I wish her luck with normalising sobriety. There's queues to get in each and every space outside the bars. The sun has come out and it is packed. Can't see much alcohol free drinks being served either.

No I'm not stalking her, just meeting a couple of friends that live in an adjacent building for a sit in the park.
Maybe, just maybe, Jack is stalking you.

She knows what you look like, she knows what haircut you have, and now she knows where you are.

Be very careful Manc, and make sure your Bluetooth is off!

• Haha
  • Heart
If those drinks are complimentary, it will be because she's now revealed herself to be The Great Jack Monroe to the staff. I have never seen free mini bars in hotels like that. Mr EB and I treated ourselves to a fancy hotel last year for our wedding anniversary, it was £385 a night (I know!), and all we got was two bottles of water and a jug of milk.

• Wow
Reactions: 52
This has got me wondering why Jack uses so many Americanisms (CPS in reference to Child Protective Services, her five hundred lawyers on speed dial etc) and whether she thinks she's big in the US for some reason or assumes everyone online is American
I've told y'all she's in bohemian grove, but you just won't listen!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I’d never heard of Jack Monroe but noticed the high number of threads so thought I’d check out the Wiki.
Thank you to the tattlers who wrote it. I’ve not laughed so hard all YEAR.
Just wanted to express my thanks!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 87
Will she rename her sock twitter to "peeky manc" 👀

Will she make slop in the "hotel"

Is it real? Is it fake? Could the Smeg be a lie? (Could the Smeg be ALIVE?)

I don't know but I'm living for all the fridge truthing and sleuthing

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Being 'in treatment' for addiction sounds very American to me too.

Reactions: 37
People are asking her to name this great hotel which is providing this 'minibar' .....

View attachment 544162

View attachment 544163

So lol she's talking about us, but what does she think we're going to do with this information exactly?

ETA the drinks are free gratis apparently 🧐

View attachment 544164
But we know where you are, Jack. Nobody’s going down there for parsley-based slop, you’re safe! Perhaps put a comic filter on the kombucha, for added security.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Will she rename her sock twitter to "peeky manc" 👀

Will she make slop in the "hotel"

Is it real? Is it fake? Could the Smeg be a lie? (Could the Smeg be ALIVE?)

I don't know but I'm living for all the fridge truthing and sleuthing
I know I've already done one but Jack Monroe: Peeky Manc makes for an excellent thread title nomination.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I've spent a lot of time in Canada, right over the border from the US. Canadians don't even use US spelling and they're on the same continent. Stoopid dame.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I’ve stayed in hotels where they give you free stuff, and places where pringles from the minibar are nine quid. You either pay in the room rate or in mini bar wild prices. My kids have always had their own hotel room (they are dicks if we all share) and they have managed to never drink (or eat) the contents of a mini bar. Sometimes, if you are in a bargain rate or upgraded they will come in and lock the mini bar like you are a criminal. Once we booked into a dry hotel in Oman by mistake- some long evenings on that trip.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
I've noticed that some people who live on social media use a lot of Americanisms. Often it bleeds into applying American political issues to other countries, which becomes ridiculous - like when you see British people talking about the religious right, or using the acronym BIPOC (the I stands for indigenous, which in the UK would be...the Welsh? The Cornish?) etc.

It's funny because you see people essentially tweeting with an American accent, and you know they are totally different in real life (Twitter Jack vs TV/video Jack is a good example of this).

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Look at the non-alcoholic options available.

It is becoming normalised.

But you think being gay isn’t normal either do you? Or having tattoos?

I don’t give a toss where you are. We aren’t stalkers, we just want you to be honest for once.

(Marcus is looking stern as ever on MC professionals btw)
I love how she's thinks we are stalkers I really don't give a fiddler's Fart where she is hiding or who with👁. I think she is doing her recipie for the cooking thing and that's it. With perhaps a few referred workshops to a alcohol clinic. That's it.

Also I wouldn't follow her in person to the end of the garden path so yeah stalker right here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.