Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kids are going to relate way more to a young footballer, and feel more comfortable with Tom than they would a nervous, twitchy, unprepared Jack. I bet, if you showed the cabal children any of her stuff, they'd be very unimpressed. And kids will tell you outright if they think you're tit too.
The way she fangirled over Marcus for the GQ thing was pretty vom-inducing. She’s so awkward and unnecessary and also unreliable - TK and MR have obviously entered into this project knowing it’s a big commitment but even the media appearances they’re doing sound a lot. It’s not helpful if she’s standing in front of 17 plants in her kitchen looking like she’s slept in her clothes when she can’t even muster up an ounce of passion about the matter in hand

ETA that creepy little cockbot can do one as well. He’s obviously loving him and Jack having an in-joke about him watching us. Odd behaviour.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 75
It's funny isn't it. Marcus and Tom both had genuinely poor childhoods, but have both done well for themselves, and are managing to campaign against poverty without pretending to still be poor themselves. We're not sitting here scrutinising whether they have big houses or a posh car, because they never claimed to still be poor, and secondly, aren't begging the public for money.

Honestly, ten years since that blog post and people seem to think Jack still needs to be the centre of every conversation about food banks, budget recipes etc.
it i s ridiculous how her fans seem to think Marcus and Tom (or THAT MAN back in the days before dkl) were somehow just given these jobs, they have created them themselves, if Jack wanted to and worked for it she could do the same. It is as if they don't understand how these things fundamentally work

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Even that was all about her wanting to be in the limelight. She wanted to go straight in as an MP. No lowly start as a local Labour councillor for her, no straight in at the top.

She has no comprehension of working your way up through hard work and determination.
And she couldn’t even stick to that. She withdrew after only a few weeks, as I recall. I’m sure the fact that people were starting to ask awkward questions about her disastrous Kickstarter had no bearing on this ...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Hi @blurstoftimes i have some (diagnosed) health issues whereby cooking for me and my kids is one of my biggest problem areas, we use a lot of takeaway and convenience foods which I can't afford and they create a lot of packaging waste etc.
I would be really interested if you were able to share some of your easy nutrition ideas, not a problem if not! Thank you 😘
I wanted to send you a private message but tattle won't let me...omg of course! I've been making recipes tailored to the person i'm supprting's tastes (a young guy) but would happy to send you some ideas just let me know if you have any intolerances, things you/your kids don't like or if you're veggies etc x

• Heart
Reactions: 34
And she couldn’t even stick to that. She withdrew after only a few weeks, as I recall. I’m sure the fact that people were starting to ask awkward questions about her disastrous Kickstarter had no bearing on this ...
she would be ripped apart by jounrnalists for her made up history if she ran as an MP, luckily it would never happen as she doesn't have the work ethic so it will never happen

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Imagine filming Question Time in Parliament and there's Jack boinging around like a Super Mario brother in the background?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Imagine filming Question Time in Parliament and there's Jack boinging around like a Super Mario brother in the background?
and beginning every statement with "as someone who has lived in poverty as a single mum..." regardless of whather it is in any way relevant to the discussion

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I suppose the only slight good thing about Jack's deluded flying monkeys might mean she is forced to come clean about her 'involvement' if it gets worse. She is relying at the moment on MR and TK being too polite and actually too busy to stoop to this level.
I agree with what was said earlier - she may have been consulted, along with many others, in the early stages but is just not well known enough or relevant - plus Sainsbury's would not be happy. Maybe other chefs also had a word? The slagging off of Jamie I'm sure will not be forgotten. Bit of pyrrhic victory DKL was for Jack it seems.
Her not promoting it at all now is just petulant and sadly quite predictable.

And the politics - remember when she said Eamonn Holmes advised her to go into politics? 😂😂😂 She saw this as a compliment. He probably said after seeing her food 'have you ever considered an alternative career?'

(@Vanelope and other readers - there is lovely thread on here you might like. Just reading other people's thought on books can be interesting, and stimulating).
)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
This seems very likely. And she does say “I have been involved” - past tense.
I note the press coverage says Marcus and Tom are teaming up with “other celebrities”, so no doubt there will be other people appearing in the videos and showing their support. Kid-friendly celebrities presumably. I’d be surprised if this included Jack. (It might include Allegra though, as she does junior cooking shows - how about that 😂).
Maybe Tom thought they might use one of Jack’s recipes - but thought better of it when he saw what was on offer. After all, this is all about encouraging an interest in cooking, not putting you off for life.
Maybe Marcus gave him the lowdown after GQ (difficult)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She'd be great at filibustering. Bore the arse off everyone until they give in.
Anywho, thread title nomination is just plain;

People Huv Tae Know.

Partly because of the eloquent post and partly because they do huv tae know she's a bawbag.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I’ve always believed that Jack literally would not have her career were it not for the Guardian unquestioningly giving her a platform, simply because her food seems like the kind of food poor people should be making.

Doesn’t matter if it looks or sounds unappetising/uses weird combos of ingredients. Beggars can’t be choosers, guys 🙃

Now, off you pop and make yourself some kidney bean and pineapple curry.

View attachment 541294
I was very poor at uni. I had many Punjabi friends who taught me how to cook dhal, chickpea curry (channa) and kidney bean curry (rajma). Kidney beans on their own, delicious. Kidney beans with pineapple?! Disgusting, I would have wasted my scant food budget following that recipe. Seriously, get to F!

Also how AWFUL that she’s not amplifying Tom and Marcus’s campaign. If it were truly close to her heart, she would. Her refusal to engage with them and their good work shows how stupid, mean and petty she really is.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I wanted to send you a private message but tattle won't let me...omg of course! I've been making recipes tailored to the person i'm supprting's tastes (a young guy) but would happy to send you some ideas just let me know if you have any intolerances, things you/your kids don't like or if you're veggies etc x
I’m going to sound like a total creep here Blurst but IMO, you’ve done more to help people with cooking today than Jack has done in her entire career - because you’re genuine, you’re obvs passionate about it and I bet the recipes will be lush.

Now tell us again about the time you ate the towel in the restaurant 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Absolutely disgusting, her fans trolling all the news of Marcus and Tom with comments like this
View attachment 541089

View attachment 541090

View attachment 541091

This one's from a blue tick. It's misogyny OBVIOUSLY.
View attachment 541093
on a grunk and I keep saying this but Jack couldn’t manage their money because they too, are stupid. They prioritised shiny pretty things over their child’s needs.
she went to a food bank once, with a pal. She grew up privileged middle class and comfortable. Why won’t the squiggs wake up and notice this?! Whyyyyyy?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Oh god you
just reminded me of their appearance on QT.
didn't they go on with Vom on their jacket and in their hair.
And we wonder why they ain’t on our telly box more.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
I’m going to sound like a total creep here Blurst but IMO, you’ve done more to help people with cooking today than Jack has done in her entire career - because you’re genuine, you’re obvs passionate about it and I bet the recipes will be lush.

Now tell us again about the time you ate the towel in the restaurant 😂
Hard agree - I’ve proudly made Blurst beans many times over. @blurstoftimes have you ever thought of making a thread here where people can drop recipes for easy and nutritional meals (you could set the ball rolling 😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I suspect Jack is in the throes of a narcissistic rage, as she can’t make this about her. She’s at her most deluded and dangerous when she’s like this.
Seriously, though, she’s in real danger of instigating a pile-on on Marcus and Tom at this point - and that would REALLY not be a good look. This has the potential to be like the Jamie pile-on. She should step in and give some support to the campaign (it is a good thing!), hide her rage at not being included, stop commenting on whether she was or was not involved (it’s not about you, Jack) - and call off the flying monkeys.
(And creepy robot man can duck off with his stupid lame robots.)

• Heart
Reactions: 55
and beginning every statement with "as someone who has lived in poverty as a single mum..." regardless of whather it is in any way relevant to the discussion
Yep. There'd be a discussion about Crossrail or the environment in the house and "we now go over to the MP for Southend".

ccc12e14e222f84848c2546a021f8468.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Ooooh @blurstoftimes could you do some ideas on Food and Drink? I can’t cook much due to low energy, or shop frequently. I am, I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this, a lifelong vegetarian and “reducing” towards plant based.
ETA just saw that Poca suggested a thread, would also be good

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.