Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread two! 🥰

Has anyone read The Flight by Julie Clark? It was recommended to me months back and it’s 99p on kindle now .
but because I don’t remember who recommended it I don’t know if it’s genuinely good 🤣

thread 1:

Reactions: 1
Thread two! 🥰

Has anyone read The Flight by Julie Clark? It was recommended to me months back and it’s 99p on kindle now .
but because I don’t remember who recommended it I don’t know if it’s genuinely good 🤣
I haven't read it but it has been on my wish list for a while. I'm tempted to give it a go for 99p

Just Finished Every Last Fear last night. It was so so so good!! I couldn't put it down

Reactions: 1
Honestly this thread is the best- I am reading so much!
It got me excited about books again! 🥰
there has never been a time I didn’t love to read, and I hated that I’d let it slide, it really upset me to be honest.
I’m glad I’m getting so much pleasure out of stupid things like looking up the books you all recommend and putting them on my wish list. ☺

Reactions: 11
It got me excited about books again! 🥰
there has never been a time I didn’t love to read, and I hated that I’d let it slide, it really upset me to be honest.
I’m glad I’m getting so much pleasure out of stupid things like looking up the books you all recommend and putting them on my wish list. ☺
Me too! It gives me such a buzz.

Reactions: 2
Me too! I’ve always loved reading but I go through peaks and troughs as where I’ll read every day and then won’t pick up a book for months.....I’ve been adding books to my wish list like it’s going out of fashion 😂

Reactions: 4
Anyone read the Midnight library?
Yeh. It was alright. A bit predictable for me. But made a change from the thrillers I normally read

Edited to add: I have just finished A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik. Gave it 3/5 the last few pages bought it up from 2.5 and I will probably read the sequel

Yeh. It was alright. A bit predictable for me. But made a change from the thrillers I normally read
I tried one of his (Matt Haig's) other books - I forgot the name now, something about time? Thought it was really overhyped so it put me off this one.

I’ve read it it was ok like others have said but I do feel he is an overhyped author!

I tried one of his (Matt Haig's) other books - I forgot the name now, something about time? Thought it was really overhyped so it put me off this one.
Yeh I don't like overhyped books. Midnight library definitely overhyped

I can understand why people who read modern fiction/chick lit would love it as it is different to the normal boy meets girl stories

Also felt a bit preachy to me and almost like reading a fable where there is a moral to be learnt.

Happy to have found this thread! I love to read and usually get through loads of books until recently. Re reading an old favourite got me going again and I'm looking forward to recommendations 📚

I really really dislike Matt Haig and they hype around him as an author, I found his books tedious.
his publishers have obviously pushed him so much he became popular without merit 😐
I said it 😂

Reactions: 15
Just found this thread. Hello everyone 👋 Reading is my joy so I can’t wait to look up all your recommendations and add to my library!

I really really dislike Matt Haig and they hype around him as an author, I found his books tedious.
his publishers have obviously pushed him so much he became popular without merit 😐
I said it 😂
I feel exactly the same way about him and his overrated books!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
welcome over all newbies 😍😍😍😍

Just found this thread. Hello everyone 👋 Reading is my joy so I can’t wait to look up all your recommendations and add to my library!

I feel exactly the same way about him and his overrated books!
I’m on so many publishers mailing lists due to netgalley and you can tell when they’re desperately trying to make an author the next big thing. They almost beg for 5 star reviews on pre releases.

Reactions: 6
I absolutely adore Matt Haig’s ‘Reasons to Stay Alive’. It genuinely my favourite book ever and is so important and meaningful to me. I’ve bought it for so many friends and family during hard times and they’ve all loved it. (As a side note, the play version was incredible and had me crying at so many points!) I also really enjoyed ‘Notes on a Nervous Planet’ but not quite as much as RTSA. Moving into his fiction, I thought ‘The Humans’ was such a brilliant book and I’d happily read that over and and over again. However the other ones of his that I’ve read haven’t reached the same level for me but I do still enjoy them.

I’ve read a couple of short stories through Prime Reading.

Lisa Ko - the contractors 3/5
Emma Donoghue - half way to free 4/5. I wish this was a longer book. I would have loved for the story to continue.

This is my current TBR physical pile. I’m enjoying my kindle so much more than paperback. Not sure what to pick up next.

778C01D1-F770-47BB-983C-63FA4672220E.jpeg

Reactions: 7
I don’t think he’s cut out for fiction,
but they hoped his name would be enough to drive sales, and it worked, in my opinion a new author releasing his works of fiction would struggle to make a name for themselves. But I love that we don’t agree on everything here! It’s the best bit!

I’ve read a couple of short stories through Prime Reading.

Lisa Ko - the contractors 3/5
Emma Donoghue - half way to free 4/5. I wish this was a longer book. I would have loved for the story to continue.

This is my current TBR physical pile. I’m enjoying my kindle so much more than paperback. Not sure what to pick up next.

View attachment 481612
I have a soft spot for Lindsey Kelks I heart series, not so much her other books (in case you missed it is there on the top!) but they’re still an easy read and quite enjoyable! Just read the I hearts in correct order!

Laura Jane Williams I’d use as a coaster before I’d read it if I could do that over 😂
Net galleys pre release for review Freebie.

Lucy Foley is good! But don’t buy into the hype before reading them. I think that’s all I’ve read from there

• Haha
I have a soft spot for Lindsey Kelks I heart series, not so much her other books (in case you missed it is there on the top!) but they’re still an easy read and quite enjoyable! Just read the I hearts in correct order!

Laura Jane Williams I’d use as a coaster before I’d read it if I could do that over 😂
Net galleys pre release for review Freebie.

Lucy Foley is good! But don’t buy into the hype before reading them. I think that’s all I’ve read from there
The LK I heart Hawaii book is actually signed by her. I met her at a small event in 2019 but can’t bring myself for Angela’s story to end. I heart New York was the first book I read as a teen and I realised reading could be fun! She was lovely when I met her.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.