Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suspect Jack is in the throes of a narcissistic rage, as she can’t make this about her. She’s at her most deluded and dangerous when she’s like this.
Seriously, though, she’s in real danger of instigating a pile-on on Marcus and Tom at this point - and that would REALLY not be a good look. This has the potential to be like the Jamie pile-on. She should step in and give some support to the campaign (it is a good thing!), hide her rage at not being included, stop commenting on whether she was or was not involved (it’s not about you, Jack) - and call off the flying monkeys.
(And creepy robot man can duck off with his stupid lame robots.)
I think this would be really damaging for her, Marcus especially is much more popular with the public than THAT MAN who is more divisive, it wouldn't end up with her getting her own job like last time :LOL:

Reactions: 29
Ooooh @blurstoftimes could you do some ideas on Food and Drink? I can’t cook much due to low energy, or shop frequently. I am, I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this, a lifelong vegetarian and “reducing” towards plant based.
ETA just saw that Poca suggested a thread, would also be good
Oh, equally in Food and Drink would be good! (Would be topical 😂)
@Flumps is a good resource as well!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I am working on a very large national project 🔺‘somebody' has decided that the people on the phone are not allowed to ask for peoples addresses due to GDPR. We are expected to supply equipment to people with no address 🤪
Can you send them a lion bar though?

• Haha
Reactions: 47
She's up...

View attachment 540964

Here's my take - I wonder if they did politely talk to her about it. I mean, from their point of view it would make sense to, this is something that she is somewhat known for and outside of our FORENSIC analysis often referred to as an 'expert'. They heard her 'expert' opinion, and probably a lot of others, took it on board, FWIWW, and then got on with their thing that is being brilliantly handled.

ETA: @Veronicaaa - babe, same x
Agreed. I reckon she was maybe asked a question once, and that is the full extent of her involvement.

And really, you have to question why she would be involved in this project, when she wrote (and was paid for) a very public article about how she disagrees with some of their work? Why would you choose to work with someone who will publicly tit on you for a few quid?

But really, you have to question why if she is as much involved as she claims to be (and really, as Queen of the Povs™ it shouldn't actually matter so long as good work is being done!), why isn't she promoting it? Why has she not bothered at all to engage with any of the social media on this?

I believe the likely answer is because her any involvement she did have is tangible at best, and it's extremely clear she is only interested in campaigning when it's her name in the headline, and her face in the media, and she can therefore cash in on the notoriety.

It's frankly embarrassing that she continues to insist she is a campaigner, or that she cares about Marcus' work. The evidence is in her actions and so far she has made no effort to engage her social media presence in sharing or supporting this campaign. The ONLY time she talks about Marcus' and his work is when she Tweets to insist that is involved in it.

It's actually really quite atrocious, and very self-centred approach. The only work that matters is the work she deigns to engage in... And oh yeah, what was she doing recently? Yes, palling it up with the Tories in that Bright Blue think tank, described as being for "liberal conservatism".

Her continued silence in support of any activism or campaign she does not headline is so loud.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 55
I'm still at a puzzle with Jack being so ashamed going to a foodbank ONCE, yet, being totally fine with instantly broadcasting her 'terrible ordeal' on her blog, and then mainstream media outlets. Ten years later and she is still bleating on about that ONE time.

Charlatan.
That's a very good point actually. The whole reason she said she didn't tell her family how bad things were, and instead carried on struggling with no money was due to shame. Well she sure got over that shame (and then some!), somewhere along the way didn't she?! She can't speak about any subject these days without shoehorning in a bit of her origin story 🙄.

• Sad
Reactions: 45
🚨🚨🚨
Tomorrow marks 5 months since the last Patreon update.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
That's a very good point actually. The whole reason she said she didn't tell her family how bad things were, and instead carried on struggling with no money was due to shame. Well she sure got over that shame (and then some!), somewhere along the way didn't she?! She can't speak about any subject these days without shoehorning in a bit of her origin story 🙄.
I always wonder what her parents think about her stories, surely it makes them look awful that they had no idea what was going on? she seems to be quiet close to her family, the whole thing is so odd

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Can a financial/self employed frau explain the repercussions of submitting any Companies House filings late?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I always wonder what her parents think about her stories, surely it makes them look awful that they had no idea what was going on? she seems to be quiet close to her family, the whole thing is so odd
All I can think is that her parents/family have made their peace with the fact she constantly lies, and that all the people around them in RL are aware of that too.

The whole reason she said she didn't tell her family how bad things were, and instead carried on struggling with no money was due to shame. Well she sure got over that shame (and then some!), somewhere along the way didn't she?!
She's admitted she got over it pretty sharpish after her FIRST / only visit to the food bank, when she thought one of the volunteers would tell her parents that she had been there with a friend.

• Angry
Reactions: 36
I wonder if her parents are only aware of the Sm accounts she has shared with them? 🤔 unless they are very tech savvy, they may be unaware of what other people are seeing? They maybe Getting a highly sanitized view? 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Agreed. I reckon she was maybe asked a question once, and that is the full extent of her involvement.

And really, you have to question why she would be involved in this project, when she wrote (and was paid for) a very public article about how she disagrees with some of their work? Why would you choose to work with someone who will publicly tit on you for a few quid?

But really, you have to question why if she is as much involved as she claims to be (and really, as Queen of the Povs™ it shouldn't actually matter so long as good work is being done!), why isn't she promoting it? Why has she not bothered at all to engage with any of the social media on this?

I believe the likely answer is because her any involvement she did have is tangible at best, and it's extremely clear she is only interested in campaigning when it's her name in the headline, and her face in the media, and she can therefore cash in on the notoriety.

It's frankly embarrassing that she continues to insist she is a campaigner, or that she cares about Marcus' work. The evidence is in her actions and so far she has made no effort to engage her social media presence in sharing or supporting this campaign.

Her continued silence in support of any activism or campaign she does not headline is so loud.
Yes to all of this. Disgraceful that Jack (and her peculiar followers) view the whole thing as a competition. Surely child poverty and nutrition can be tackled by any number of people, one person isn't the expert or spokesperson.
The fact Jack is coming across as bitter, snubbed and jealous instead of being wholeheartedly supportive is pathetic and shows where her real priorities lie. Fame and 🤑.
I'd still love to know how much money she donated to Magic Breakfast. As she promised she would. Wasn't it all the fees from all the paid appearances to do with Free School Meals?

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I am not saying anything new here, but I am pretty appalled by Jack’s behaviour around the Full Time Meals campaign today. If ever I feel bad in future about scrutinising Jack on this forum, I will remind myself of this.

To me, this reveals Jack’s true motivation in life - praise, media exposure, self promotion, and monetising all of that. Only a couple of weeks ago Jack was snarkily telling a supportive squig who had pulled up another blue-ticker that “my pronouns are ‘trying to make sure vulnerable people have decent food and safe housing’ thanks” - so why aren’t you doing that here Jack? WHY? You have retweeted other rubbish today for lols, but can’t manage to bring yourself to retweet a single thing in support of MR and TK’s campaign because you are so jealous and your ego won’t allow you to. But funnily enough, you can find the time to martyr yourself in replies saying you have been involved but just don’t like to shout about everything. Okay then.

I can’t even with these flying monkeys - the lack of generosity and critical thinking skills is astounding.

And it is extremely gratifying that MR and TK won’t get involved in some low level Twitter “humpf, Jack thought of it first, not fair” noise because they know that would bring negativity to the campaign and rather than adulation and a quick buck, their focus is genuinely on helping those who need it, because they *know* what it’s like to be a child who needs fed.
100% agree, I sometimes do feel sympathy for Jack to the extent that she seems really lonely (on Twitter at all hours replying to random squigs) but then this spoiled brat behaviour makes any sympathy fade away

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I wonder if her parents are only aware of the Sm accounts she has shared with them? 🤔 unless they are very tech savvy, they may be unaware of what other people are seeing? They maybe Getting a highly sanitized view? 🤷‍♀️
I think there’s definitely a lot of truth in this too. She’s probably got everyone she knows in real life blocked from @bootstrapcook and I remember the Frau who knew her said she was totally different on her private Facebook while chaosing on twitter.

They must have seen the many newspaper articles though, but perhaps even back in the SE Echo days the people who knew her/them in real life were seeing through the tales.

My opinion is that they enable it. Papa thinks he’s right-on man of the people and Mum isn’t well and likes church. I guess that they rationalize it as being ok as “giving a voice” to the poor and disenfranchised, probably get kudos at church for it. Also they probably want to see their grandson.
I have relatives who would say nothing in this type of situation (I’m not Jack- although I think being brought up with these types is what has resulted in me being a receipt keeper and caller-out of bullshitting manipulators. It’s the saying nothing which enables it)

• Heart
Reactions: 43
She has gone very quiet on Twitter. Is she back having treatment I wonder? The whole Jack's working behind the scenes with Marcus and Tom situation is just bizarre. If that were the truth, and it is one of her projects, she would want it to be successful surely. Why not promote it then? Especially when she is being mentioned by squiggles left right and centre. Very odd situation indeed, and could well backfire spectacularly.

Her career is in the toilet. She had better beware, someone might just pull the chain.

Back from the barbers, an hour and a half in the chair (and I had already washed my hair!), never been so long having an haircut. Decided not to go for the skaterboi undercut, à la Jack, or even a light trim. So had the lot off in the style of Huw Edwards.

I thought it would stop me looking like Marcus Wareing, but now I look like Marcus Wareing with a Huw Edwards haircut. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
Can a financial/self employed frau explain the repercussions of submitting any Companies House filings late?
It’s a criminal offence to file company accounts late, for a start. But in practice, you’ll get fined (the fines can be pretty hefty). And after a certain period steps will be taken to strike off the company. You’d get warned about this and can stop the strike-off by submitting your accounts (and taking any other steps required). If your company is struck off, its assets are lost (but can be reclaimed through the courts provided you do this within a certain period).

• Wow
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.