Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As someone on the ADHD waiting list and who works in job where written communication is needed, it's insulting tbh.

Of course if someone struggles with writing then reasonable adjustments should be made but this isn't what it's about. It's like a badge of honour for some people.
Grunking but this has annoyed the duck out of me. ADHD diagnosed and write reports for a living. Factual, succinct reports, not florid maverick shite. Honestly, people on social media can just duck off with this nonsense.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I’ve been bleeping busy (having a piss and a mousakka) but just popping in to say I’m a very smol pixie at 5 foot and half an inch, but with relatively large feet (so not Jack). And bin day is Friday, general waste and paper one week, glass&plastic&tins the next (food waste every week if you do it)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Liking that tweet about vaccines for single people is sickening. She was the one gallivanting about all across the country and yomping to chippers while apparently experiencing COVID symptoms, she's part of the reason we're in this bleeping mare in the first place. Not to mention the fact that she's clearly been living somewhere else with someone else for the last two weeks and has had a bubble buddy AND HER SON at her house for most of the time. She doesn't need a COVID vaccine she needs a rapid infusion of anti-bleep serum and a hefty dose of reality.

Sorry, she's really curried my sausages tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 90
Liking that tweet about vaccines for single people is sickening. She was the one gallivanting about all across the country and yomping to chippers while apparently experiencing COVID symptoms, she's part of the reason we're in this bleeping mare in the first place. Not to mention the fact that she's clearly been living somewhere else with someone else for the last two weeks and has had a bubble buddy AND HER SON at her house for most of the time. She doesn't need a COVID vaccine she needs a rapid infusion of anti-bleep serum and a hefty dose of reality.

Sorry, she's really curried my sausages tonight.
Can you put the linda sausages curry out in to the bin yet, or no?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I'm youngish (<30) and I use ft and inches and stone and lb for body measurements but nothing else.

My bin men are lovely, but the recycling men are nicer. Although that might be because I flirt with them 🤔

On topic... what chaos do we think our smol pixie is going to come up with on the next full moon. Surely she's covered everything now?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
If we've stooped to train chaos I dread to think what's coming next. Probs now that we've mentioned it, a bin chaos where a neighbour stole her bins while she was away at Lord J Compton's or she forgot to take the bins out because of her severe adult ADHD and the bin men really ought to make allowances for her neurodiversity and pick them up whenever she decides.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Quite enjoying this bin chat, my frauen! I have to have ours printed off on a timetable on the side of the fridge, because I am SEVERELY disorganised. The binmen are tough here, if it's not in the bin, or the lid isn't closed, they can leave stuff lying. And hell's fire mend you if you put plastic in the cardboard bin, you get a Sticker of Shame!

Bored with JM's train story today. 4/10. Improvement needed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
If we've stooped to train chaos I dread to think what's coming next. Probs now that we've mentioned it, a bin chaos where a neighbour stole her bins while she was away at Lord J Compton's or she forgot to take the bins out because of her severe adult ADHD and the bin men really ought to make allowances for her neurodiversity and pick them up whenever she decides.
Landlady has changed the locks as Jack experiences another fugue state and forgets she's after pastures new. Chaos ensues. 'Poverty campaigner EVICTED' in the Daily Mail.

Go on Jack, you can get to do your sad face to camera on the doorstep with a bar of soap.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
She doesn't need a COVID vaccine she needs a rapid infusion of anti-bleep serum and a hefty dose of reality.
I'm being a bleep pointing this out, if she is immuno-compromised with a ND diagnosis too, then she would have been in group four for the roll out (I'm a couple years older than Jack and was put in group 4 for having an immune disorder plus schizophrenia, I had my first jab on pancake day), cancer treatment would also bump her up the list. Just sayin'

It shows she's nothing but a cheeky self diagnoser, there's nothing wrong with her but narc personality disorder.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
Jack is far too snobby to collab with Aldi. She never shops there despite one being near her crappy bungalow.

I'm here for bin talk. We have 4 wheelie bins, a food waste bin, a glass box and nappy bags. But the council will not recycle animal waste. Most of it goes into the composter thankfully. There is talk of another wheelie bin being introduced but I would not have the space for another. Someone in my street built Beach huts for each wheelie bin.

Stepping back in time here. Kept meaning to ask, when all the talk was about Jack being away and all her stuff being in boxes (about 36 hours ago but feels like 12 years) there was cabal chatter that Jackie had moved out of the crappy bungalow...where’s Jacks landlady’s mate? Sorry can’t @them as I can’t recall their name. Surely we have eyes on the ground here. Did we get any intel from this source? I had to scan many pages and may have missed the low down. Can a Frau fill me in? Thanks 🙏🏼
I think that was @GothPrincess

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Me too. I wonder how many customers LMcC lost, especially now there are so many alternatives.
No exaggeration - we were massive fans of the LMc range. First time I tried the mozzarella burger, it was a revelation! And how amazing is it to eat “meat” knowing that there was no animal harmed and, even more importantly, no fatty chompy gross bits! 😂. Always had at least half a dozen products in the (one) freezer. The pulled duck was also a revelation! Sadly, I haven’t bought any this year and am unlikely to ever buy any again - even if I wasn’t in foreign lands right now! They are in the same boat as “Spoons now, and Dyson. I will still use the McCartney “Meat Free Monday’s” recipe book I own though because they are good, nice and proof read, working recipes!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Jack is far too snobby to collab with Aldi. She never shops there despite one being near her crappy bungalow.

I'm here for bin talk. We have 4 wheelie bins, a food waste bin, a glass box and nappy bags. But the council will not recycle animal waste. Most of it goes into the composter thankfully. There is talk of another wheelie bin being introduced but I would not have the space for another. Someone in my street built Beach huts for each wheelie bin.
She does, despite her protests, love her brand name snacks, so couldn't cope with Aldi. SB gets the basics maize snacks, whilst she has Pringles and Pot Noodle 😡

It's a bit lame to say, I miss Aldi, and am loving their #freecuthbert posts from afar. I think their SM team is far too savvy for Jack anyway!

Bins are every week, with recycling every second week. My brother lives under a different council, and has twice weekly bin collections. We also have soft plastic return sites in Coles and Woolies, which is good.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Much chortling about the Cuthbert saga from afar, here too @Cookiecookie

Also - it’s about time the UK sorted out a return and recycle thing for plastic bottles! It’s brill. I have gone from four bins (general, recyclable, glass, garden) to one bin and diy recycling. It’s amazing because my tax relating to it is about a tenth of my UK council tax!

Loving silent jack and all the bin talk!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I have three bins, one general waste, one recycling and one for glass. The glass one gets emptied with the recycling one, but only every 8 weeks instead of every fortnight. In reality, because I live on my own, the recycling one only gets put out about every month at most, and the glass one maybe twice a year. The general waste one I do put out fortnightly, only because it starts to smell (well, the smell becomes noticeable over that of my neighbour's cats, whose bedding and sometimes food she inexplicably puts behind the row of bins)

Reactions: 17
Bin Chat Ours are charged by weight. The more you can get in the Recycling and food waste bins, the less you pay.

• Wow
Reactions: 45
Y'know, I'd love for a repeat of thread #31 right now. Only this time, we carry on talking about bins while she visits giving it the bigun 🥰.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.