Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we’ve walked right into this one and could be waiting a good while for the answer....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
The tile train saga is a special kind of nonsense she blessed us with. I choose to believe it's a direct gift from her to me, because it was my 1-year Tattleversary yesterday (had been lurking longer, but hadn't made an account). Thanks, babe!

Anyway, the pronoun thing got me all hot and bothered and I think I've worked out why. Please note that I'm talking specifically about Jack Monroe here, not about anyone else or anyone else's pronouns.

The constant changing of her pronouns in her bio (but not anywhere else) is just another narc tactic of dictating how other people are talking about her. The added benefit for her is that she can jump on people correcting how other people talk about her (i.e. my pronouns are making sure kids are fed) and she can claim at the same time that people are bigoted and transphobic for not using her stated pronouns. Nevermind that it's entirely unclear what her chosen pronouns are. I bet she loved it that people here changed their posts and got worried about whether they accidentally misgendered her. What larks. If it was in any way meaningful or important to her, her pronouns would be changed on her own website. Everything else is just narc manipulations and I shan't go along with it.
Just wanted to say how glad you expressed something I have been trying to put into words for a long time.
And this also falls into the recent issue with people sending her alcohol, if it is not a lie.

And in line with this I need to add to my most recent post that while I have experienced discrimination for being a lesbian woman, I have also been able to distinguish between proper homophobes and others who did not want to be "bad' but who back then simply did not know about the subject. I had a lot of patient explaining to do, which was tedious but I never jumped at someone for having said something wrong ish. And what this also implies is that I know that I also often do not know about other subjects, not because of ignorance but because we can't always keep up. And I think it is entirely possible to spot a nasty person or someone who theoretically means well but has no knowledge and has accidently done something 'wrong'.

I gave up alcohol a while ago and since I do not wear a sign around my neck that I have done so, I got quite a few bottles from people over a certain amount of time.
I thanked them, and genuinely, and stored them and I am now waiting for occasions to re-gift them and to serve it to guests when I can have people over again.
Should I have howled and shouted at the lovely people who cared to drop by and give me things? I remember when I wanted to give someone a massive box of chocolate and someone hinted that the recipient had an eating disorder...I got her something else but it could have gone so wrong without a bad thought in mind.

I had a rather funny incident at a bus stop recently where I sat at a bench, there was space for someone to sit socially distanced and from afar a woman came along who I had just spotted and she screamed how the hell she was expected to sit down as a disabled person...I jumped up but realised that her main issue was to cause trouble, so I quickly hissed that in order to help someone, one would have to notice someone first. I filed her as idiot and she has got nothing to do with all the disabled friends I have got who are not rude.

Sorry for the me me me examples and while this is all not representative I still find it useful to speak from my point of view as I fall into some Jack categories (not lying and grifting) but have actively chosen to act differently.
And to finish where you started: yes, she does all this deliberately as part of her narc personality. She waits to jump at people.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Frauen I’ve been writing an assessment essay all night and just crawled into bed feeling all pity party cos I still need to finish it tomorrow night and the subject matter is disturbing 😭 but the bin chat and general excellent humour is always a proper boost ❤ You guys rock.
Also Jack will be dancing in her happy place at the thought of having grifted some free tile things. I find it really odd that she would rather spend a load of money on stickers rather than just putting up a hook for her keys 🙄 even just put a dish next to where she takes her coat off so she can dump the keys/phone/purse/attitude/whatever other crap she has stuck those things on

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I think some people in recovery just can't be around any illicit substances at all. My niece is 200 days clean from drink and drugs and won't even go to my sister's house because she knows there have been people smoking dope in there or parties if someone is drinking.

I get annoyed at alcohol drinks because I don't drink but I can see how it is different for someone with an addiction.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think some people in recovery just can't be around any illicit substances at all. My niece is 200 days clean from drink and drugs and won't even go to my sister's house because she knows there have been people smoking dope in there or parties if someone is drinking.

I get annoyed at alcohol drinks because I don't drink but I can see how it is different for someone with an addiction.
I do understand, this varies a lot. Because not all people with alcohol issues are the same (unlike spices are for JM).

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Tim Curry is lovely but I fear he has something in common with Jack! They have both mastered the art of chameleon like changes. At least Tim is actually talented.
IMG_20210420_020947.jpg

20210420_021705.jpg

Also found a pic of Jack not looking at all like Jack but it is Jack and it is confusing.
20210420_021650.jpg

ETA just noticed port wine birth mark is visible in this pic. So she was telling the truth about that after all.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
She looks so young and pretty with longer hair. I think it really suits her. And yeah, I'm using she again, not down with being manipulated whether I have a face or not!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
ETA Tim Curry is a STAR!!!!

Reactions: 43
Early start here Cabal, and it’s also....BIN DAY!! Forgot to say our bin men even went to the extent of peeling one of our neighbours’ house number off their bin, after they’d put the wrong thing in the wrong one. Caused quite the stir..,

On topic, and reading back, I’m under 5ft4, but kind of the wrong colour and sex to be Jack, doubting very much that shiny eye makeup would show up on me 😉. And I don’t go about prising tit off train floors. AND I can actually cook - and if I need to go for a piss and a sandwich, I don’t feel the need to announce it 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Woke up to this on my Instagram feed. Suddenly, I don’t care where Jack is or what a tile is or how it became stuck on a train floor.

This is all I care about right now.

Swoon.

ETA. I’m having palpitations thinking about Ina. Is that wrong?

956BF7F4-A004-4383-95A5-13C94D5E90A3.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
We have two bins, recycle and normal, and they empty them every day and pop a correct coloured scented bin liner in.
Where I am from in the UK it is a bin nightmare. they have hundreds of bins for different things and they only get emptied every 2 weeks and people mash all their food waste into the recycles because all the bins are too small for a family. Despite this I am homesick for British bins

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Catching up so this has probably been said. Is it just me being really thick but how is a Tile falling off the thing it was meant to keep safe a great advert for Tile?? Surely that’s just a reason to not buy one because it doesn’t stick well enough?? I know the whole tale was a fabrication but all these muppets trying to get Tile to notice her and use the story for advertising? It’s just made me think they can’t be that good if they fall off at the drop of a hat (or phone in their case).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.