Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The reason we have a Chipolo (cheaper version of Tile) is because on a recent trip to the tip, boyfriend threw our only car key into a skip. :cautious:
I did this.

I climbed into the skip to retrieve the car keys.

I got shouted at by lots and lots of people (Mrs Tunnel, people manning the skip, people in the queue behind us).

(cheaper than a (whatever a) tile is though 😎)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I wonder if Del Monte will proofread it this time. Jack couldn't just email again, has to give the ninnies something to talk about other than bins.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I agree. I also find products are often created for problems that don't really exist or offer only a very slight improvement on no-tech solutions, but come with a huge invasion of privacy.
Love this discussion, they call it a “fair value exchange” but when there’s absolutely no transparency on how your data is used either in experience or down the line for their own BI or #ad activity how is it ever going to be fair. Also whilst a consumer may be happy sharing billing & delivery address, name & email with Tile I’m assuming the avg person isn’t privy to just how much secondary data is on the market for companies to buy to build up customer profiles. So you were comfortable with just a GPS tracker, but now you’ve unknowingly got one that knows more about your finances than ur bf or best mate? Weird.

Conversely location data is sold and bought, say Barclays want to better understand their branch users for comms/loyalty incentives, they’d see where else they went (Zizzis or odeon or whatever). Would expect Tile to be monetising this dataset and selling it on tbh which is why I’d rather stay within Apple’s “find my” and just forego the bank cards 🤷🏻‍♀️

Soz for the boring comment.

Reactions: 55
Well it’s live week for those who want to watch along.

I love Matt cradling his own forearms lovingly. No double denim (I imagine wardrobe said no) and her hair looks nice. The hilarious jokey thing is inappropriate ‘now you’ve stopped talking’. Matt is being nice but frankly, she’s been on TV for nearly a decade and if it doesn’t work it doesn’t work (and this is with clips of Nadia in the middle who has been doing it a much shorter time).

The lasagne makes an appearance, it’s as bad as you remember. The blitzed mushrooms give me the heaves, and I like mushrooms. The sauce, oh the sauce. It must taste like raw bleeping flour. She also puts a pathetic amount on the lasagne.
why the duck would you put stuffing on top of a lasagne as well, that sounds terrible.

the ‘one and done’ comment happens as well. It’s shows Jack....

See even something as simple as that, the "one and done" comment, at other points she's said differently. This is from the BBC website, it's undated but at the end of it they make a reference to the food bank crowdfunder she set up in spring 2020. You just never know with her what version of the story is the truth, even down to minor, seemingly insignificant details 🤷.

Screenshot_20210420-084633.png

It's in this interview that she describes herself as the nation's economics teacher too... 🤭

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
U WOT M8? #professional way to correct mistake.

View attachment 537624
Or.... you’re just showing off that you’ve got a ‘mag piece’ because you’ve got absolutely duck all else to say or do? Can’t wait for rehash of The Poverty™️, number 8,725

Does she think everyone on her Twitter is a subscriber and vice versa? Why would you not just clarify in the same format as the mistake was made? The endless quest for banal engagement is pathetic.

"Daft old brush" - WHYYYY does she talk like some middle aged Home Counties fox hunter?? Tally ho!
My dear heart Nan used to say ‘daft as a brush’. She would have been 100 this year.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Or.... you’re just showing off that you’ve got a ‘mag piece’ because you’ve got absolutely duck all else to say or do? Can’t wait for rehash of The Poverty™️, number 8,725
You mean Del Monte bought her space for an advertorial. Not much to boast about.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
We’ve waited so long for a jackfruit patty with a pineapple hat?

Time to bring out the big guns.

(Ina wouldn’t do this to us 🥺)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.