Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s a quarter Greek and I think her dad was born here. It’s important to some people. I had one Hungarian grandmother. I barely think of it - would never call myself Hungarian etc. But she married an English man so the name disappeared. She made herself very British straight away and never went back. I have cousins in America who are completely obsessed with it. Same Grandmother but they have flags in their social media bios and called their kids Hungarian names and would call themselves Hungarian. I find it it odd but people need something to cling to I suppose.
It is definitely important to Americans because their country is so young. When I visited I was plagued by Americans telling me they were Irish. It was evident that they were as un-Irish as can be, because they didn't hear the steel in my natural response of "are ya now?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
On the pronouns...

Jack to-ing and fro-ing on her pronouns and being an attention seeking dilettante most emphatically does not help the trans cause (or LGBT+, or anyone!), I completely understand why this is making people uncomfortable and angry.

But I’m going to try to comply (watch me absent mindedly duck up...) because this thread is an oasis of calm and reasonableness - I’m sure we’re not a hive mind politically, but we generally keep that out of the thread.

I’m here for the receipts on the lies, boasts and inconsistencies (and drawing faces on slop). I don’t want to be associated at all with the anti-trans sentiments that are being expressed in other parts of Tattle. M’lud.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I love how she clings to her northern Irish roots. I know we are amazing people to know but don't accept wannabes. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
duck me sideways!

He wanted to talk about beating a healthy animal to death in a gentle depreciating way, and soz if anyone took it the wrong way.

bleep.
What I find puzzling about that, was why share it on SM. He’s an educated man he must have surely realised the how it would be revived. On par with posting “Hi all, just clubbed my partner to death, but, I did as humanly as possible “. Makes no sense to me , but not much of SM does.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Nigella Mom is featured in the Observer Food Mag’s 20th anniversary issue with a cover
BB675FAF-0499-44E4-A0D5-D9ECDF96B37F.jpeg
and interview.
A brief skim and there was sadly no mention of any drawings of her garden.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Australians are like Americans claiming ethnicity from generations back. 'Yeah, dude I'm Swedish and Irish'. Usually they're the third or fourth generation born here, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Cheers for the new thread @Pocahontas 🙂

Dipping in and out as I'm suffering from Jack exhaustion and having a rather lovely time in sunny London!

Hope you all are doing okay, big loves x

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I’m a quarter Austrian, a quarter Spanish and my dad was born in the Philipines.

Should I have been basing my whole persona on this all along? Does is make me more interesting?
My (very English) Grandad lived in Kenya for six months around forty years before I was born, I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief that Jack can't say the same.

The website has a picture of her in a dinner jacket and bow tie. Poor Jack - what to do when Mom gets all up in one's niche?
God Nigella is fabulous

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
19 likes and one comment in two hours...

Can we test this post...I have a hunch. If you see this give it a 🤣 face so I can pretend to my imaginary son how far a picture of a mystical smol pixie on a forum can travel.

8D1E8358-F02E-4D18-ACA7-31BB6654B61A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 131
I could run outside right now and raise more awareness about national trifle day (???) than that post.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
The trifle defender has made an interesting tweet about the Nigella interview 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
The trifle defender has made an interesting tweet about the Nigella interview 😂
Oh the SHADE!

I don't really like Nigella's writing style in general, but I thought she outlined her grief at the death of her first husband very well. The account of bringing the children to school then going back under the duvet was simple and moving. Nigella has had more than her share of troubles, infinitely more than Jack, but she doesn't harp on about them, and I respect that.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.