Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I assumed that the Twitter post was like those posts on Facebook of a teacher holding a sign saying “hi I’m a second grade teacher from Shitsville Kentucky and am teaching my students about internet safety and want to see how far and fast this picture can spread around the world”

• Haha
Reactions: 73
Maybe the 'hunch' post was part of Jack's social media addiction treatment (only theorising your honour)

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Ah of course it wasn’t for SB! Who was setting year 6 homework that assumed you have hundreds of thousands of Twitter followers and a blue tick? Plus are you even legally allowed on social media at 11? Jack’s lying.
ETA pronouns

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Ah of course it wasn’t for SB! Who was setting year 6 homework that assumed you have hundreds of thousands of Twitter followers and a blue tick? Plus are you even legally allowed on social media at 11? She’s lying.
Not a homework lesson, and no, it probably (ok almost defn) wasn't for SB). I don't know about legality and internet issues, but many children around that age have phones? It's just the thought of him regularly reading what they put out made me go 😱

edit - pronouns

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It's bullshit, m'lud, utter bullshit. Jack wants attention, and Jack is a pro at getting attention. That's a book they need to write!!!

I don't believe it's a homework project, I don't think they are anywhere near SB, they are trying to claw back their crappy dregs of a career. You can just imagine Jack furiously messaging all their phone contacts, like a MLM rep, all pleasantries and joviality, then in with the hard sell, hun.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I am not Jack, as I don't beg off people who get heating allowances then act like a petulant brat when they have to give it back.

However, I absolutely know that if I was a social media personality/sleb I would 100% lurk on Tattle and any other indirect social media mentions because I know I am totally ravenous for gossip about myself in real life (insert in progress CBT not on speed dial)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Ah of course it wasn’t for SB! Who was setting year 6 homework that assumed you have hundreds of thousands of Twitter followers and a blue tick? Plus are you even legally allowed on social media at 11? Jack’s lying.
ETA pronouns
Your not but loads of them do. Child has TikTok but only for looking and not for posting (it’s my account really).

Reactions: 18
and if they keep up with the 'its for SB' stuff, (I am remembering the GoHenry explanations), he will get to read that too.

Reactions: 34
and if she keeps up with the 'its for SB' stuff, (I am remembering the GoHenry explanations), he will get to read that too.
If Jack can't blame one of their imaginary illnesses, they blame SB.

They really are an awful person.

• Sad
  • Angry
It's bullshit, m'lud, utter bullshit. Jack wants attention, and Jack is a pro at getting attention. That's a book they need to write!!!

I don't believe it's a homework project, I don't think they are anywhere near SB, they are trying to claw back their crappy dregs of a career. You can just imagine Jack furiously messaging all their phone contacts, like a MLM rep, all pleasantries and joviality, then in with the hard sell, hun.
That must be why they're following RBrand after the accusations re SA and following the Jolyon piece of tit. Running out of famous people willing to be associated with her.

• Sick
Reactions: 31
If Jack is teaching SB about SM does this mean that he is either reading twitter or has his own account? i.e. is he now a regular reader of MamaPapa's twitter?
“Mamapapa, why do so many people refer to you as a c*nt?”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
In my experience, kids/teens don't seem to be interested in Twitter, they're more likely to be using Insta and TikTok. Even FB seems to be a bit old hat now, according to my eldest anyway. Although I guess if SB is aware his mum has a big Twitter account and is always on it, he might have a nose.

• Heart
'heres Mamas twitter. Don't ever read it on your own'. I take it SB is not expected to change what he calls Jack whenever pronouns change?
I am thinking that the pronoun change is to get people to reduce their postings about them as pronoun (self)policing is tiresome.

Reactions: 27
I was worried that I might be Jack as I sit on advisory panels across multiple Government Departments. Then I remembered that I really miss my children when they are with their dad and count the hours until they are home with me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
'heres Mamas twitter. Don't ever read it on your own'. I take it SB is not expected to change what he calls Jack whenever pronouns change?
I am thinking that the pronoun change is to get people to reduce their postings about them as pronoun (self)policing is tiresome.
Honestly, it's a bit upsetting to see people here actually getting stressed over the pronoun thing when - six years after Jack came out as non-binary - jackmonroe.com, the Del Monte Instagram page, and United Agents all use she. The celeb reviews that accompany Jack's books on Amazon use she. Jack's Twitter bio changes all the time, and has a loose relationship with reality at the best of times.

TBH I may duck out for a bit, at least until the bio changes again...see you all this evening, then.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
Morning, @Harrybosch, morning fraus unt herren - the the fox thing is about a blue ticker that Jack is sucking up to, Jo Maugham QC.

I find the fox incident very unfortunate for all the other work GLP does. His opponents always bring it up and run with it. I don't justify it, nor do I idolise Jo Maugham, but together with a few other organisations they are some of the few actually taking action against many of the abhorrent things the current government does (so in give them money each month, together with some similar and other orgs) Enough for me not to write GLP off on that Jo Maugham incident, though I can understand if people do.

Reactions: 26
Honestly, it's a bit upsetting to see people here actually getting stressed over the pronoun thing when - six years after Jack came out as non-binary - jackmonroe.com, the Del Monte Instagram page, and United Agents all use she. The celeb reviews that accompany Jack's books on Amazon use she. Jack's Twitter bio changes all the time, and has a loose relationship with reality at the best of times.

TBH I may duck out for a bit, at least until the bio changes again...see you all this evening, then.
Regarding Twitter bios, do they have a character limit? I presume they must do? I wonder if there was something new Jack wanted to squeeze in, and so had to chop a bit and 'she' didn't make the cut 🤷. Might just be as simple as that, and we're all in a flap over what best to write 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Oh my god, my first thread title! 😱 I'd like to thank my friends and family (who don't give a tit and would be concerned if they knew how much time I spend here), my (imaginary) doggos and cattos, and my natural ability to differentiate between slop and food which has served me so well so far. I cry (even more than Lady Di)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.