Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a semblance of truth in all her stories. I expect she dropped it on the train then and there and then peeled it back up with difficulty.

Her shark eyes were 100% set on a #spon collab though.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
This has reminded me that yesterday I had the thought that our taxi driver friend was perhaps Mr SmolBot.
The constant tweeting during her (yeah I'm sorry, I'm reverting to the pronouns she uses for herself) high stakes Tile drama really reveals the fact it Never Happened, plus of course the second deleted thread of slightly different tweets which meant she planned this 'chaos'. She's really bad at lying, which is ironic, given that she's had so much practice at it.
I feel the fact that Allegra's become a multi millionaire hasn't been given enough attention! God, it would be anyone's worst nightmare for their ex to come into this kind of money after a split, but it must be so much worse for someone like Jack, given her obsession with the dollar.

Allegra must have always been fairly wealthy though; what attracted Jack in the first place!
Also saw this in the Times’ report on the Leon takeover, probably where Jack’s connection with Henry Dimbleby came from...

Reactions: 31
Allegra must have always been fairly wealthy though; what attracted Jack in the first place!
Also saw this in the Times’ report on the Leon takeover, probably where Jack’s connection with Henry Dimbleby came from...
So it’s taken 17 years of work to get the pay off. See Jack - work pays.

• Wow
Reactions: 40
DAY ONE IN THE SLOPHOUSE Mk II.

'Just put this tile on your phone, L, and they'll never get lost again!'

The only time I can't find my phone is when something else is put on top of it.

'Go on, give it a go, I bought extra ones for you!'

[sigh] Okay. It'll just show me it's in this room underneath something though, won't it? Like Find My Phone does?

'Umm, yes - but it'll mean I can we can make it bleep so we can tell if it's under the sofa or behind some books.'

TWO DAYS LATER:

'WHERE WERE YOU? I had a chaos AND YOU WEREN'T HERE'

Got stuck at work for ages. Couldn't call, sorry.

'THAT'S STRANGE. Are you sure you weren't in x 's beer garden for at least 2 hours after leaving work?

What?' Well, yes, we had the meeting there.

THE FOLLOWING MORNING. LJC IS ON THE C2C SERVICE, STILL FEELING SLIGHTLY DISCOMBOBULATED FROM THE PREVIOUS DAY'S QUESTIONING.

[thinking] How did she know where I was?

Is she psychic?

Did one of my friends put anything up on Insta?

[Train continues rattling along]

duck'S SAKE. The Tile. tit. Bollocks. I've gotta get rid of this thing. [twists it off easily and sticks it under the seat] That should sort it.

THAT EVENING AT THE LOVE NEST:

'Go anywhere nice today?'

No, been in the office all day.

'Nowhere else?'

No.

'You sure?'

I'm sure.

LATER ON. THE ATMOSPHERE IS A LITTLE STRAINED. LJC IS IS CAREFULLY WATCHING TV WHILST POTS ARE BEING POINTEDLY SLAMMED ABOUT IN THE BLUE KITCHEN. THE PITTER PATTER OF ICKLE BALLET TOESES APPROACHES.

'Your Tile isn't on the back of your phone'

Really? [think fast, woman, you're in the tit slop if you can't get out of this one]

Oh, crap, I dropped my phone on the train. It must have come off at the same time. [duck, duck, bollocks duck]

'Hmmph. They were REALLY EXPENSIVE, YOU KNOW.'

I'll give you the money for it, sorry, I guess they just aren't as useful when you travel lots?

'Well, OK. You are so silly, always losing things, aren't you? Like YOUR SCARF.'

Yes, I promise I'll try to be more careful.

JUST UNDER THREE WEEKS LATER. LJC GLANCES AT TWITTER TO MAKE SURE JM HASN'T OFFERED PENELOPE KEITH OUTSIDE, CHALLENGED ANGELA RIPON TO A DUEL OR THREATENED TO KICK SIR DAVID ATTENBOROUGH IN THE SHINS (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT).

Oh. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
Believe me, at this height people come up to you and tell you you’re small/short, walk into you (didn’t see you down there, lol) you do have to wait or someone to get stuff from the top shelf of the supermarket. On this point I agree Jack is smol, and she looks a dick crouching at that table
I think people in my town are just huge, because I'm 5'6 and a bit and still get this 😭

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I know we’re in the middle of a chaos, but I’ve just been reliving Jack’s night at the LGBT awards in 2016. Starts the evening in somewhat of a take on an 80s trader, then off comes the cravat and the good time roll!!

Can not WAIT for awards season to start again. Jack’s outfits never fail to disappoint.
What in the name of LJC are those trazzers. An absolute abomination

• Haha
Reactions: 24
DAY ONE IN THE SLOPHOUSE Mk II.

'Just put this tile on your phone, L, and they'll never get lost again!'

The only time I can't find my phone is when something else is put on top of it.

'Go on, give it a go, I bought extra ones for you!'

[sigh] Okay. It'll just show me it's in this room underneath something though, won't it? Like Find My Phone does?

'Umm, yes - but it'll mean I can we can make it bleep so we can tell if it's under the sofa or behind some books.'

TWO DAYS LATER:

'WHERE WERE YOU? I had a chaos AND YOU WEREN'T HERE'

Got stuck at work for ages. Couldn't call, sorry.

'THAT'S STRANGE. Are you sure you weren't in x 's beer garden for at least 2 hours after leaving work?

What?' Well, yes, we had the meeting there.

THE FOLLOWING MORNING. LJC IS ON THE C2C SERVICE, STILL FEELING SLIGHTLY DISCOMBOBULATED FROM THE PREVIOUS DAY'S QUESTIONING.

[thinking] How did she know where I was?

Is she psychic?

Did one of my friends put anything up on Insta?

[Train continues rattling along]

duck'S SAKE. The Tile. tit. Bollocks. I've gotta get rid of this thing. [twists it off easily and sticks it under the seat] That should sort it.

THAT EVENING AT THE LOVE NEST:

'Go anywhere nice today?'

No, been in the office all day.

'Nowhere else?'

No.

'You sure?'

I'm sure.

LATER ON. THE ATMOSPHERE IS A LITTLE STRAINED. LJC IS IS CAREFULLY WATCHING TV WHILST POTS ARE BEING POINTEDLY SLAMMED ABOUT IN THE BLUE KITCHEN. THE PITTER PATTER OF ICKLE BALLET TOESES APPROACHES.

'Your Tile isn't on the back of your phone'

Really? [think fast, woman, you're in the tit slop if you can't get out of this one]

Oh, crap, I dropped my phone on the train. It must have come off at the same time. [duck, duck, bollocks duck]

'Hmmph. They were REALLY EXPENSIVE, YOU KNOW.'

I'll give you the money for it, sorry, I guess they just aren't as useful when you travel lots?

'Well, OK. You are so silly, always losing things, aren't you? Like YOUR SCARF.'

Yes, I promise I'll try to be more careful.

JUST UNDER THREE WEEKS LATER. LJC GLANCES AT TWITTER TO MAKE SURE JM HASN'T OFFERED PENELOPE KEITH OUTSIDE, CHALLENGED ANGELA RIPON TO A DUEL OR THREATENED TO KICK SIR DAVID ATTENBOROUGH IN THE SHINS (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT).

Oh. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
I love being here, all you talented fraus just make my day ❤...plays, cartoons, memes, poetry, songs, art and on and on...oh, and not forgetting Slopbot. Brilliant the lot of you.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Seen this doing the rounds on Twitter. I expect a certain smol pixie will have something to say about it, seeing as ADHD is her personality trait.
I am A Very Sad Person who is both pedantic about spelling, punctuation and grammar, and a touch typist.

All that means is that I produce reams of prose very quickly as I can easily catch up with my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
What's interesting is that lots of squigs said she was looking very happy today after she uploaded the pic of her doing her best Buddy the elf impression, and not one response of "I'm not!" or a "Getting there but it's a long road :( " or even a "Well looks can be deceiving, can't they Patricia?"

What's up, Jack? Just gonna let the squigs think you're happy like that? Is this a first? Progress! 👏
I'm on a mini grunk, so sorry if it's already suggest or t'werly, but this genuinely made me laugh!
#Thread title: Well looks can be deceiving, can't they Patricia?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
All is very quiet after tilegate /Leon $$$$ /Sainsbury’s
(Not including the clawing and wailing that inevitably is taking place, either at happy place kitchen or bungalow)

Reactions: 21
Believe me, at this height people come up to you and tell you you’re small/short, walk into you (didn’t see you down there, lol) you do have to wait or someone to get stuff from the top shelf of the supermarket. On this point I agree Jack is smol, and she looks a dick crouching at that table
I'm 5'3" 📐 so boringly average and still can't get things off a supermarket top shelf! I was once sent flying in a volleyball game by someone who 'didn't see me down there', chief inspector no less too which didn't stop a few rude words from me.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
As a fan of facts I can confirm Jack has claimed to be 5'1.7" (or 157.226cm in metric (I think, I dunno I'm not Pythagoras)) tall with size six feet, so definitely not a size four. Unless she was lying about that, which I previously would have said was too mundane a thing to lie about but she managed to live tweet picking a thing up off the floor of a train so <whofuckingknows.jpg> 🤷‍♀️

I'm pretty sure at one point her height was deemed such an important facet of her personality that it was in her Twitter bio.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.