Jack Monroe #177 The vegan version is coming soon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am finding it really difficult to read about her tweets and behaviour about the school and the way she has attacked the CEO of the school. Her mask has slipped, I hope her deluded fans will start to see the truth about her.
The next few weeks are going to be really challenging for schools regarding the assessment tasks set by the exam boards. Teachers will have to mark and internally moderate these. There will be more yet negative press on grade inflation and the widening attainment gap. Then of course there is the ongoing catch up discussion and what that means for teachers, students, workload and mental health.

This man has enough on his plate without having a bored, ignorant, twitter-happy charlatan to deal with. I hope for him, his staff and most of all his students’ sakes that they can distance themselves from this episode. Because that is what it is. An episode. A mere blip in her never-ending cycle of drama.

For them however , it may have longer lasting consequences and that is really sad. She won’t realise this from the not-so Ivory tower she has constructed for herself.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
I agree. No one needs a stale tome about semi fictitious poverty with frankly offensive tory overtones. As someone who grew up in poverty, it affected me enough not to want to relive those days. I would not be seeking to read books about it. And how would it help anyway? Marcus Rashford has already done so much more without writing a book and it did not take him a decade.

Jack and Smithersbot have shown their true colours today. I hope it hits them where it hurts, in the bank balance.

Didn't @Essexgirl say Jack really feared the taxman bogeyman style? Surely that is imminent given her 2nd late return.
IIRC, when asked what she predicted would be Jack’s downfall, @essexgirl101 said Tax or Fraud... she also shed light on their school days. And to coin a phrase used recently by HMTQ “recollections vary”

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
GDPR ALERT 🚨
I would LOVE the GDPR to be her downfall.
Just a thought - if Jack is collecting information about people (and it doesn’t matter that’s it’s voluntary you idiot - I voluntarily give my data to lots of businesses, I still expect them to look after it) shouldn’t she be registered with the ICO?
I just checked the register and her company isn’t on there and she’s harbouring a lot of data!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
I will never understand the mentality of the squiggles who jump to Jack's defence at every perceived slight. There are famous people I admire, but I'm not getting into social media spats about them FFS. Is the thought that she might send you a Lion bar or an autographed slop manual really that appealing?

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I will never understand the mentality of the squiggles who jump to Jack's defence at every perceived slight. There are famous people I admire, but I'm not getting into social media spats about them FFS. Is the thought that she might send you a Lion bar or an autographed slop manual really that appealing?
Exactly. When I was younger, I would embarrassingly rush to defend celebrities against any kind of slander or badmouthing. Now I couldn't give a tit. What is in it for these squigs? I could think of so many people – politicians, campaigns or otherwise – who have done so much more for social issues than she has. Twitter does piss me off though – it's full of parasocial relationships. Jack's followers defend her like she's a friend. ICO squiggle thought they'd do Jack a favour and look at what happened to them.

Reactions: 43
Exactly. When I was younger, I would embarrassingly rush to defend celebrities against any kind of slander or badmouthing
Can I ask, why? - Genuinely wonder and ask with the utmost respect, just difficult to understand what the motivation
is to be so invested in a stranger...

Edit: rereading this to myself, I suppose the question could be applied to us and tattlers in general - and I don't really have an answer as to why calling out Monroe's lies is such a worthwhile endeavour..

Reactions: 31
Exactly. When I was younger, I would embarrassingly rush to defend celebrities against any kind of slander or badmouthing. Now I couldn't give a tit. What is in it for these squigs? I could think of so many people – politicians, campaigns or otherwise – who have done so much more for social issues than she has. Twitter does piss me off though – it's full of parasocial relationships. Jack's followers defend her like she's a friend. ICO squiggle thought they'd do Jack a favour and look at what happened to them.
The weird thing is she doesn't really cultivate the parasocial relationship stuff. She is often appallingly rude to squiggles, taking offence where clearly none was intended. It's really the blue ticks that she's gushingly kind to. Every now and again she goes on a spree of posting curly wurlies or whatever to shore up her sweet pixie image but I'm genuinely fascinated that she has so many random defenders still. I think it's the image she projects of being so relentlessly harassed or something that people forgive her when she lashes out and feel she has to be more "protected" from the merest hint of criticism.

Reactions: 45
Can I ask, why? - Genuinely wonder and ask with the utmost respect, just difficult to understand what the motivation
is to be so invested in a stranger...
I think it's because, especially as a teenager, I almost adopted these people as part of my personality. It goes back to what was being discussed on here about 'stan culture' and ownership. Looking back, I was so fanatical about these people that I kind of viewed them as an extension of myself and, therefore, any attacks on them (i.e. 'that band's music is shite!' etc) I took as an attack on my views and interests (if that answers your question - always happy to expand!) Relating this to Jack, I think because she herself is so heavily 'invested' in being a literal expert on food (!) and poverty, issues people rightly feel very strongly about, it's easy for them to view her as a representative of their interests and, ergo, any attack on her is an attack on their beliefs. I think it comes down to people not wanting their emotional and financial investments to be rubbished.

The weird thing is she doesn't really cultivate the parasocial relationship stuff. She is often appallingly rude to squiggles, taking offence where clearly none was intended. It's really the blue ticks that she's gushingly kind to. Every now and again she goes on a spree of posting curly wurlies or whatever to shore up her sweet pixie image but I'm genuinely fascinated that she has so many random defenders still. I think it's the image she projects of being so relentlessly harassed or something that people forgive her when she lashes out and feel she has to be more "protected" from the merest hint of criticism.
This is such an excellent observation and one that is so true to her behaviours. You're so right – she receives the most support when she talks about how she's being attacked/harassed by people (probably because that carries the most emotional weight with people...if that makes sense?)

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I think it's because, especially as a teenager, I almost adopted these people as part of my personality. It goes back to what was being discussed on here about 'stan culture' and ownership. Looking back, I was so fanatical about these people that I kind of viewed them as an extension of myself and, therefore, any attacks on them (i.e. 'that band's music is shite!' etc) I took as an attack on my views and interests (if that answers your question - always happy to expand!) Relating this to Jack, I think because she herself is so heavily 'invested' in being a literal expert on food (!) and poverty, issues people rightly feel very strongly about, it's easy for them to view her as a representative of their interests and, ergo, any attack on her is an attack on their beliefs. I think it comes down to people not wanting their emotional and financial investments to be rubbished.

This is such an excellent observation and one that is so true to her behaviours. You're so right – she receives the most support when she talks about how she's being attacked/harassed by people (probably because that carries the most emotional weight with people...if that makes sense?)
Absolutely it does, and agreed, it's a great point. By painting a false picture of herself as being ever the innocent and downtrodden victim of a nefarious and faceless enemy, she creates for herself a lot of leeway when behaving as the truly horrible person that she is.

Reactions: 31
I think she doesn’t interact with the vast majority of her followers, and they don’t with her, and consequently she only comes up on their timelines when she’s getting lots of likes - which only really happens when she’s pretending she’s being harassed/victimised. They jump on defending her because she’s making all these horrible claims and everyone else is defending her. Then she fades again, they don’t interact again and thus miss all the shite she does in the middle.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I think she doesn’t interact with the vast majority of her followers, and they don’t with her, and consequently she only comes up on their timelines when she’s getting lots of likes - which only really happens when she’s pretending she’s being harassed/victimised. They jump on defending her because she’s making all these horrible claims and everyone else is defending her. Then she fades again, they don’t interact again and thus miss all the shite she does in the middle.
Yes! A lot of her worst behaviour is confined to replies to squigs which don't generally pop up in the timeline. I know I really felt sorry for her for ages before finding here and realising that her "story" has more holes than her knitted blanket.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
From what she's tweeted lately, I would say the only reason she still has an agent/publisher is because she claims they're basically the only things keeping her alive. They're scared to drop her, but that's just my opinion of course. She's awful.
Hmmm I would imagine there are a few people in her life that are scared to distance from her, challenge or criticise her etc. She's incredibly manipulative and controlling. I bet she doesn't often get told 'no', and a chaos occurs if she ever does.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.