Jack Monroe #173 I take one day off and now she’s Polish?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mumsnet links don’t work
Yeah, they started it I believe! But both sites won't link to each other. Just remove "is a shady site"(😂) and add ".com" in that part of the link instead.

I'm interested if there genuinely is anything Jack could do to make the mods on the site remove the thread...a peach drizzle cake left on your doorsteps by jack with the help of her taxi driver? maybe some signed sideboard posing photos? 😜 answers on a beige postcard

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Moreover, Jack enterprises LTD would cease to trade if she was to do the work and live an honest life. How could she book paid work under x marginalised identity if she’s an honest person?
This keeps playing on my mind, it really would explain a lot, and I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here. I do wonder how JM would feel if she read it, she could learn a lot.
Can I just say I really appreciate yours, and @LennyBriscoe ‘s (and everyone else who’s shared) insights into recovery. Thanks to you guys I’ve learned so much about the recovery process, and about humanity. (I hope this doesn’t come across as cheesy or condescending because I truly mean it).

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Yeah, they started it I believe! But both sites won't link to each other. Just remove "is a shady site"(😂) and add ".com" in that part of the link instead.

I'm interested if there genuinely is anything Jack could do to make the mods on the site remove the thread...a peach drizzle cake left on your doorsteps by jack with the help of her taxi driver? maybe some signed sideboard posing photos? 😜 answers on a beige postcard
Ahh, sorry, didn't know!

Reactions: 10
She would sell snow to Eskimos that one.

Also she is the worst advertiser ever. This bleeping hurts swipe up and give me some money.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Hahaha she's just straight up doing affiliate links now for products that have absolutely no connection to why her followers might be following her. Standing in her jeans pretending she's done a work out!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I don't what it is but I refuse to click in case I forget to clear my cookies and send aff link money her way. At least she declared it this time I guess...

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The very least she could do is explain what the bloody thing is. My first thought was a giant novelty game controller then hoverboard.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I think she's making out like she's in a bit of a rehab situation at the minute and is enjoying leaving a crumb trail for Tattle. Remember those couple of nights she deactivated Twitter recently - she did the same thing before and then announced a relapse shortly after. Now we've got her in her 'happy place' trying to set up a famous persons' not-so anonymous. Do I believe she's an alcoholic? Absolutely not. Do I believe she would carefully concoct another 'relapse' while she's got nothing else on? Yes. Just my opinion

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
I wandered on here from another thread and stayed around for the people on here, tbh!

I've learned a few things whilst here, eg I've been on SSRI meds for well over a decade and wasn't aware of the grapefruit connection.
I knew in relation to codeine but not my daily tablets.

Plus Jack makes me feel less tit about myself, anytime I cringe about my past I can comfortably say I wasn't that bad.
You and me both X

• Heart
Reactions: 17
On selling the poor child's toys - I think this is another this never happened thing. Children's toys get torn, scuffed, scribbled on, and smeared with enough germs to knock out a kindergarten. They are worthless, but some entitled people seem to think they are saints for giving them to a charity shop instead of making a donation to the charity shop's bin collection bill, because that's where they'll be going. I know of a charity that did a toy drive for homeless families one Christmas, and thought it went without saying that the toys should be new and boxed. But some people seemed to think that a poor little girl waking up in a hostel on Christmas morning would be only delighted to find Santa had brought her a doll covered in biro with half its hair cut off. So yeah Jack, if people paid money for your child's toys, he must never have gotten to play with them at all - you're a liar or you steal from children.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Closer by Nine Inch Nails was the closing song at the clubs of my youth. Absolutely grim, as all the drunkards who'd pulled tried to re-enact the lyrics 🤢

I wonder if Jack's colourblind? It might explain her fondness for all things brown. The blanket looks awful. You just have to bite the bullet sometimes and just join your squares properly for the finished item to look good. No one would ever buy that monstrosity anyway
Oof, my favourite club in my uni city finishes with 'Bad Touch' by The Bloodhound Gang ... with similar results re; drunk flirters. Cannot hear it without thinking of the horrors I've seen grinding on that sticky floor 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
She must be so
To be fair putting a child through any of it was an unnecessary action.
She chose not to go to her family or her son's father and family for help, she chose to sell that poor child's toys rather than do so.
The only way in the world I would make that choice is if there were child protection issues.
Every other vile/pathetic thing she does pales into comparison with that.
She has literally made a living out of choosing to subject a small child to living in poverty.
Why? I would love someone to ask her that.
Why did you think it was preferable not to ask the amazing, your words, man you co parent with, or your parents who have fostered for years,to help your son, than to sell his toys to buy food?
She says she was too ashamed to ask them for help. Abhorrent behaviour. I think the truth is, she was living her best pov life, and obviously telling her parents would have resulted in them helping her, ending her self-induced hardship and ruining the pov fantasy forever. If she was truly ashamed, it would have been because her parents would have seen through the bullshit immediately. They would have known how unnecessary, dishonest and abusive it was for her to be living like that with her 2 year old.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.