Jack Monroe #173 I take one day off and now she’s Polish?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
4C58A4A9-C290-439C-B830-31FA392EC390.jpeg
Mr Knob made some slop earlier in the week - I’ve just binned it as was fed up seeing it in the fridge. His tip jar and Patreon are open. Just finalising the details for his tv show.
I did not eat it, I have standards.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 74
View attachment 512385Mr Knob made some slop earlier in the week - I’ve just binned it as was fed up seeing it in the fridge. His tip jar and Patreon are open. Just finalising the details for his tv show.
I did not eat it, I have standards.
Can I ask, the fridge you were fed up seeing it in, was it a Smeg? And were the other 2 full?

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Ah OK thanks, I had missed the selling of the light bulbs. Anything I say here feels uneccessary and mean, so I'm going to say nothing. 🤐
Oh they were sold at the “yard sale” which she invited the local press to. There was a photographer and everything, was in the paper, advertised on Facebook. Parents didn’t know, though.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Selling the child's toys is just beyond logical. Second hand they're only worth giving to a charity shop. Unless the young fella was an avid collector of mint condition still in the box Star Wars merch circa 1977 there's no point.
Depending what it is, this has more of a ring of potential truth. A scratty teddy no, but I’ve worked with kids who have dismissed the idea of getting a present for Christmas from the charity tree because “There’s no point, Mum/dad will just sell it anyway”.

Of course if she did it, with her actual existing safety net, it’s reprehensible.

ETA: I don’t mean selling for the £3k she claimed she got from her magic yard sale obviously. More like £1. But this does happen. Lightbulbs is still a new one on me (unless it’s shoplifted new lightbulbs) and I’ve heard a lot.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I give up, what is it meant to be?
I need the "Who bleeping knows" pic.

My daughter suggested I feed it to the cats!
1. I love the cats.
2. The cats have standards.
3. Only the best for the cats. Like Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Depending what it is, this has more of a ring of potential truth. A scratty teddy no, but I’ve worked with kids who have dismissed the idea of getting a present for Christmas from the charity tree because “There’s no point, Mum/dad will just sell it anyway”.

Of course if she did it, with her actual existing safety net, it’s reprehensible.
Wow! Poor little dudes. :(

I imagined the toys she claimed to be selling would be the kind played with every day. I think SB was said to be around two or three at the time? Blocks and cars, maybe a GI Joe.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
It was a toy dinosaur. His favourite toy. Which, given that he was a toddler, means it was probably not in pristine condition...

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
The I don't have a toaster was actually my fave because the next second she took a picture complete with toaster. It reminds me of when o child pinches chocolate and gets it all over their face and then their mum says did you have chocolate and they look up all innocent through the chocolate covered eyes and say "no mama"
I think you mean “no mamapapa” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Unfortunately not, can't afford a Smeg rattle rattle, it's a Samsung with buggered seals.
tit that's awful, sounds like what you could really use now more than anything in the world is a piece of overpriced Emin artwork, for one of the walls. And a luxury sideboard or two maybe... what was the Patreon again?

• Haha
Reactions: 25

I imagined the toys she claimed to be selling would be the kind played with every day. I think SB was said to be around two or three at the time? Blocks and cars, maybe a GI Joe.
His favourite dinosaur 🙁

Of course she's lying, how much is a plastic dinosaur going to sell for - it just wouldn't be worth it.

Selling kids toys isn't a big deal as such. I've been to loads of car boots, and similar sales, where quite often the children themselves are selling their outgrown bits. But we're talking prices like 50p, £1 not anything that would make any kind of dent in your debt like Jack tries to make out.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

I don’t believe she actually did it, or if she did it was more than likely a one off expensive gift someone got him (a bike, those electric cars they can drive, the dinosaur could have been one of the big animatronic ones) but there is a second hand market even for stuff like blocks as long as they haven’t been destroyed. To make her £3k she’d have to be claiming she got near retail, and that’s not going to happen for stuff like that, but a few £ could easily happen.

Reactions: 26
It’s in the wiki, have a look at what was listed for sale

Not sure where the dinosaur origin story is

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Either way it's despicable.
If she did it, it's despicable, if she lied about it, it's despicable.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It’s in the wiki, have a look at what was listed for sale

Not sure where the dinosaur origin story is
Note she wrote the article herself. No possibility of bias there then 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Dear Hearts, I thought you were taking the piss about the yard sale. Oh my days, Jack. You're terrible!!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 35
His favourite dinosaur 🙁

Of course she's lying, how much is a plastic dinosaur going to sell for - it just wouldn't be worth it.

Selling kids toys isn't a big deal as such. I've been to loads of car boots, and similar sales, where quite often the children themselves are selling their outgrown bits. But we're talking prices like 50p, £1 not anything that would make any kind of dent in your debt like Jack tries to make out.
Exactly, that's why it stands out to me amongst all the other rubbish. No need for it to be part of The POV story, just makes zero sense.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.