Jack Monroe #173 I take one day off and now she’s Polish?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the one thing that’s struck me since I began reading and posting, you are all so lovely. It just feels like a really safe space to be where you can ask questions others in other corners might deem silly (or offensive) and get a kind, thoughtful and thought out reply. The lived experiences of the people on here is just amazing. It’s my favourite corner of the internet even when Jack isn’t posting much. Thank you cabal ninnies.
Babe, same.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The whole reason AA has lasted so long & worked so well is because people haven’t formed splinter cells based on perceived prestige, success, money (as per the traditions, look em up hun x). The fact JM is now suggesting they do so publicly shows what an utter farce “recovery Jackie” is.

Last comment cos I’ve gone on a rampage sorry guys 🤭 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 100
She oughta try putting on her own oxygen mask before she starts trying to *help* others. Honestly, she is gonna do some damage.

Addicts in recovery therapising each other with no boundaries in place. (Cos we all know Jack is unable to adhere to them.) What can possibly go right?!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 67
We already knew that Jack had, for some reason, decided to supplement her generous fire service income by working in a bar (where she used to wear massively high stilettos all night, no?). Apparently Old Chief had no problems scheduling her shifts around a second job, but not her childcare. 🤷🏼‍♀️

It may be worth noting that she has previously claimed to have been driven out of several jobs by her (first) stalker, who would turn up to her workplaces to intimidate her. We also know that he was still stalking her when she was in the fire service...

Odd that she stayed in this bar job during those years then, isn't it?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Was it the Del Monte video that brought you to these threads?
No, I was already here (in spirit!) for the Del Monte thing, and was quietly lurking in the shadows since before then. I've been vaguely aware of her for a while, and actually found this forum after googling some other bit of celebrity trivia. I saw her threads growing rapidly, and got interested into why she was causing such a stir. I think I'm fairly familiar with the cannon and the lore, and feel like a junior Frau even though I only bothered to register recently!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
His episode of Desert Island Discs is brilliant, he had a tough start in life but is really humble and has worked hard to get where he is....unlike Jack!
Thanks for the tip! Gonna have a listen. I often cherry pick through the archive for folk I like (although the shortened music clips annoy me!) I didn’t know he had done one so I will have a look. God, if Jack ever gets a go, imagine the Poverty and Potatoes and Irish/Cypriot immigrant Jack with Laverne! Talk about a pity party! I am struggling with paying the licence fee as it is, since they announced binning off BBC 4 commissioning. That could be the final nail!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Like there are sooooo many people in media in recovery but it’s taken until April 2021 for Mack Jonroe to come up with the idea they need their own WhatsApp support group. Someone needs to tell her. She’s so dangerous
They probably already have a WhatsApp group, they just haven’t told Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Why not work part time in a nightclub whilst working as a call handler with the Fire Service? What else are you going to do of a weekend?

ETA feed him to the bunny 🥕

• Haha
Reactions: 27
And she might have a nasal issue? Not something she can control.
Still politely disagree, because it's only happened once. She just happened to have her lips hanging open while she was absorbed in setting up the Del Monte live (that she should have already been prepared for).

Sometimes I think people go too far criticising her looks, voice, laughter or fashion sense, IMO those are far less controllable than not mouth breathing.

Reactions: 13
she must've just got really pissed off that we've been having such a nice time with our memes and hats that she couldn't bear it anymore. us realising she's (most likely) at the brexit burglar's was the final straw, so she's decided she's gonna reinvent support groups in order to get the blue tick attention and those dopamine hits

it'll all be forgotten about once the notifications peter out

(and it has indeed been added to the list)

• Haha
Reactions: 38
And she might have a nasal issue? Not something she can control.
I did too and went to the doctor about it. One operation later (including bonus re op cocaine.... 🤯), it was fixed. No doubt she'd rather whinge like she does about the dentist and never get it sorted.

Reactions: 20
No, I was already here (in spirit!) for the Del Monte thing, and was quietly lurking in the shadows since before then. I've been vaguely aware of her for a while, and actually found this forum after googling some other bit of celebrity trivia. I saw her threads growing rapidly, and got interested into why she was causing such a stir. I think I'm fairly familiar with the cannon and the lore, and feel like a junior Frau even though I only bothered to register recently!
Yes there are some pretty massive narcs speculated about on tattle! Welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I think she does the heavy breathing when she’s nervous. Whether it’s consciously to try and calm herself or more like a tic (that’s probably not the right word) I’m not sure.

Reactions: 15
I can't believe I'm talking about her breathing but it wasn't a one-time thing, she does always sound like that. Maybe it's because I wear headphones but it was noticeable on DKL, it was noticeable in the comic kitchen vids, it's been noticeable on every podcast she does. I find it irritating (I find most noises irritating, especially if Jack makes them) but she's not deliberately breathing obnoxiously. She is on the other hand choosing to dress badly, cut her hair questionably, get terrible tattoos, do weird things to her lips and behave like a total tit.

@HotesTilaire this is true, whenever I go out to dinner I make a big show of having forgotten my wallet at home then look at my date beguilingly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.