Jack Monroe #173 I take one day off and now she’s Polish?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Never in the history of the world has anybody been gifted half the stuff mackie has received, if her friends can gift designer goods, original artwork, grand pianos etc etc, why was she selling lightbulbs 💡????

where were they? Why could they not gift her some food?
make it make sense?

That is such a great bleeping point. She advertised the heck out of her yard sale so any friends on her SM would have seen it. I would never stand by and watch a friend sell their possessions in such a way. She makes everyone in her life sound like an hole whilst she is blameless. The yard sale blog is so pathetic too, 'oh I didn't have a car so couldn't do a car boot' and then seems to think she's invented the idea of a house clearance style sale. She's so pompous.

Gotta be careful though, with all her arm day exercises on the hoverboard she may come biff us all up. 'er guvnor, hav mercy.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Was watching Saturday Kitchen with my dad this morning and he says “he’s got big farmer-like arms hasn’t he?”. My response: “yes he does have very impressive forearms”. It made me laugh. I too only think of the cabal when I see abandoned gloves, impressive forearms, tins of pineapple and go Henry cards. It also tends to be a fond thought with a wry smile about some gag a stranger on the internet (who feels like a friend rather than a faceless git) has made. I rarely think about our protagonist unless I’m concerned about grifting because she’s really not that interesting. I too am here for the cabal insights. Grift, glaugh, glove, dear hearts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
barefoot and pregnant
I don't know why, but I read that to the tune of 🎶 Wide eyed and legless🎶

May be interchangeable, given previous admissions of 200 units/AA/relapse drama.

I'm hoping for bonnets tomorrow. Dash's arse is creeping me out.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Guyssss ... bit too chat chatty in here!
I don’t want to be bold but is there a specific set of rules? I’m sorry for being off topic earlier. And don’t want to make things hard for you poca. (As long as we can post inspirational memes then I’m happy)

• Haha
Reactions: 24
My favourite part about that story is that she sold her Denny crockery. I’m younger than my sister by quite a bit and I remember in the mid/late 1990’s Denby being on the wedding list. We weren’t well off at all, actually quite poor and it was maybe seen as a real status symbol. In the 20-25 years since the wedding I have never actually seen my sister use this crockery at all. Actually pointless.
I was married in 1990s and had Denby presents. They were used on infrequent special occasions until we went on hol sans teenager who may have had a small gathering- the cups/saucer/plates met an inexplicable smashed end 😹😹😹 (poor boy thought we’d be raging!!! As if - was only plates!!)
Back to jack - do not know of anyone who’d have denby as matter of course, what is wrong with IKEA or Argos 🤔

Reactions: 19
I was married in 1990s and had Denby presents. They were used on infrequent special occasions until we went on hol sans teenager who may have had a small gathering- the cups/saucer/plates met an inexplicable smashed end 😹😹😹 (poor boy thought we’d be raging!!! As if - was only plates!!)
Back to jack - do not know of anyone who’d have denby as matter of course, what is wrong with IKEA or Argos 🤔
Yeah I think I mentioned before that I have a collection of random mugs from when I was little to Easter egg mugs to royal wedding mugs to sport direct mugs. My mother in law is a bit affronted by them and bought us plain white ones. I think some fraus were affronted as Jack had something similar

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t want to be bold but is there a specific set of rules? I’m sorry for being off topic earlier. And don’t want to make things hard for you poca. (As long as we can post inspirational memes then I’m happy)
Not bold to ask! The are forum rules posted in the Forum Business thread that might be a helpful guide. I’m attaching screenshots of what might help here.

Hey - the odd off topic isn’t a crime, and I don’t want to spoil anyone’s enjoyment of the thread. I’m a part of this thread, and I enjoy it! The memes were fun and they are on topic as they relate to Jack (they’re literally her words 😂). Buuuut we can’t fill a whole thread with them either.

I had to step in above cos short, chatty messages between a small amount of posters don’t add anything on topic or interesting to the thread for the wider audience who have come to read the Jack thread. This isn’t a criticism of anyone in particular, but it just fills the thread with stuff that isn’t in any way linked to the topic. I know Jack is quiet in her happy place pied a terre so it’s understandable to chat ... but we need to keep it linked to her in some way, otherwise it’s a bit too chat roomy.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Yeah I think I mentioned before that I have a collection of random mugs from when I was little to Easter egg mugs to royal wedding mugs to sport direct mugs. My mother in law is a bit affronted by them and bought us plain white ones. I think some fraus were affronted as Jack had something similar
🥺 free all random mugs
Have to say none of ours match, no judgment to anyone who likes that, (same son always on my back to reduce mugs) I like having a random selection to suit my mood 🥰
😱 eta sorry not strictly ot

Reactions: 14
She must be so
To be fair putting a child through any of it was an unnecessary action.
She chose not to go to her family or her son's father and family for help, she chose to sell that poor child's toys rather than do so.
The only way in the world I would make that choice is if there were child protection issues.
Every other vile/pathetic thing she does pales into comparison with that.
She has literally made a living out of choosing to subject a small child to living in poverty.
Why? I would love someone to ask her that.
Why did you think it was preferable not to ask the amazing, your words, man you co parent with, or your parents who have fostered for years,to help your son, than to sell his toys to buy food?
I really don't know. I lost my job a few years ago and the first person I turned to was the father of my children, the only thing that's important is keeping them fed, housed and safe, if I'd had to lose our home I would have sent them to him until I had a safe place for them again. Luckily it didn't happen. I grew up essentially homeless and it was a hideous lifestyle. Bedsits, bed and breakfasts and other temporary accommodation even worse but don't want to triangle 🔽 myself. We lived with the kind of people you wouldn't want anywhere near your children, and the poverty was so real that my parent did actually turn to crime to keep us afloat. Not a great parent and similar to Jack could definitely have had help and my life would be so different now. it's had a lifelong impact on me and I would never allow my children to experience that.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Standard "on a grunk" disclaimer but:
1) I know people who pay serious money for the accountability and feedback we provide. Can I have my own thread so I'll actually do that thing without a deadline and get an honest opinion on this eyeshadow?
2) STOP USING GASLIGHTING WRONG FFS WOMAN LOOK IT UP

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Guyssss ... bit too chat chatty in here!
Blame Jack!!

Not bold to ask! The are forum rules posted in the Forum Business thread that might be a helpful guide. I’m attaching screenshots of what might help here.

Hey - the odd off topic isn’t a crime, and I don’t want to spoil anyone’s enjoyment of the thread. I’m a part of this thread, and I enjoy it! The memes were fun and they are on topic as they relate to Jack (they’re literally her words 😂). Buuuut we can’t fill a whole thread with them either.

I had to step in above cos short, chatty messages between a small amount of posters don’t add anything on topic or interesting to the thread for the wider audience who have come to read the Jack thread. This isn’t a criticism of anyone in particular, but it just fills the thread with stuff that isn’t in any way linked to the topic. I know Jack is quiet in her happy place pied a terre so it’s understandable to chat ... but we need to keep it linked to her in some way, otherwise it’s a bit too chat roomy.
But also, I apologise

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Join us in food and drink, nothing is off topic there, lots of familiar faces

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Oh “excuse me Lanie, “a bit skint” She had to sell the baby grand and her wedgewood if that’s not utter destitution then I don’t know what is
This 🥕
Forgive me I do not know what I write.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.