Jack Monroe #173 I take one day off and now she’s Polish?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe that anyone would actually buy a second hand light bulb. No one.
And honestly, how much would you pay for one?
I’d actually love Jada Pinkett Smith to get matey with her and have Jack on the Red Table Talk. It’d end up with Jada absolutely shredding her or Jack would spontaneously combust as Jada wouldn’t let her get a word in edgeways 😂.
I was thinking about this earlier. After the recent heavily publicised red table event it would be a fascinating intervention.
OT but how bizarre was that red table performing?!

Reactions: 17
I think Jack truly believes we take this thread seriously. Like it’s a part of our lives. I come on here when I’m sitting on my own, relaxing as it’s funny and I like reading everyone’s comments.

Apart from seeing the odd discarded bird making me laugh, I barely think about her OR even this whole site! I’m pretty sure for all the triangulating of egg chairs and Slopbot, no one is actually that arsed about her away from here. I’m currently on here while in the bath... with a new scalp massager and a shampoo bar- I’ve been INFLUENCED! Thanks ninnies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
I think she actually *wants* us to speculate (and possibly get it wrong, so she can blether on about what a mithering bunch of ninnies we are). I had thought that maybe she was getting better with her social media use, as evidenced by how the threads have slowed down recently, but have come to the conclusion that she can't be without our symbiotic relationship. Hence the reference to us, out of nowhere, and the breadcrumbs about where she is. She's absolutely addicted to attention, whether it's good or bad, and when things are quiet for her on twitter she likes to attempt to rev it up here.
100% accurate analysis of the situation.

Jack, pick whichever narrative suits you best. It's my Easter Gift to you:
  • She's moved in with the Brexit Tin Thief!
  • She's shacking up with Russell Brand!
  • She's bought her forever apartment with the proceeds of her Patreon and tip jar!
  • She's in a safe house so the bullying ninnies can't find her!
  • She's moved into Nigella's pied-a-terre!
  • She's currently not in the bungalow for reasons she hasn't shared with the world and I couldn't care less!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Oh Lord Jesus Christ, I've just realised it smacks of Little Women as well. The hair and the combs. The melodrama. The poverty. The obvious fiction based loosely on historical fact.
Exactly! (haven't read Little Women, but follow the point...) It's like a caricature of the working class, an exaggerated interpretation of all of the traits she can imagine - and not to mention the dramatised experience of poverty, it's all pure fiction.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
In my opinion Jack was well connected (media friend who got her the first ‘Jackie’ article) and then lucky to have been given an opportunity and I believe the books came from her relationship with Allegra. Fraus have reported the quality in her recipes have rapidly declined since their relationship ended.

She had her 5 mins of fame and exaggerated her truth for drama, she’s then created stories and outbursts on twitter ever since to stay relevant.

She has no talent and next to no first hand experience to qualify her to be in this position. It’s a shame there are so many others who don’t get the same opportunities she does.

edit: can anyone tell me what age SB was supposed to be when he said ‘no more jam mama?’ Because I don’t believe that happened for a second. Emotional manipulator.
He was 4 when her first book came out, so he'd have had to be very young to have said it. They probably just ran out of it, like most of us do from time to time. Something silly like the milk turning sour overnight, or forgetting to buy more jam, in Jack's world becomes a huge dramatic storyline of trauma.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I’ve looked on Facebook marketplace. Amongst the millions of new in boxes lightbulbs for sale. There are 2 people selling used like new ones. However that doesn’t mean anyone will buy them, and seeing is as they are the same price as new ones I am guessing no one will every bloody buy them.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I’d actually love Jada Pinkett Smith to get matey with her and have Jack on the Red Table Talk. It’d end up with Jada absolutely shredding her or Jack would spontaneously combust as Jada wouldn’t let her get a word in edgeways 😂.
'Scientology Jack' should be interesting.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I wandered on here from another thread and stayed around for the people on here, tbh!

I've learned a few things whilst here, eg I've been on SSRI meds for well over a decade and wasn't aware of the grapefruit connection.
I knew in relation to codeine but not my daily tablets.

Plus Jack makes me feel less tit about myself, anytime I cringe about my past I can comfortably say I wasn't that bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
She’s claimed before she sold the unscrewed lightbulbs. It’s one of the main things that set alarm bells going for me, it just doesn’t sound true. Similarly her fridge apparently remaining unplugged even while she lived with 5 other people.
It sounds like complete bullshit, and so does selling SB's toy. Having grown up surrounded by families on benefits/in THE POVERTY, and for a lot longer than a year and a half, and sometimes having to get creative to get by, not one of them would take to the internet to claim they'd sold their fixtures and fittings. Besides, if someone was selling their half used lightbulbs, who tf would actually buy it? It would be far more likely some neighbour (or, you know, her landlord dad) would take pity on a single mother with a toddler and drop in a pack of lightbulbs, no? She thinks THE POVERTY is the f-ing wild west where everyone is out for themselves because she hasn't truly lived it beyond a rough patch.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
The I don't have a toaster was actually my fave because the next second she took a picture complete with toaster. It reminds me of when o child pinches chocolate and gets it all over their face and then their mum says did you have chocolate and they look up all innocent through the chocolate covered eyes and say "no mama"

The first song is epic, could only find iit on a long video, don't feel inclined to wwthe whole thing but you'll likely be mesmerised

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

The first song is epic, could only find iit on a long video, don't feel inclined to wwthe whole thing but you'll likely be mesmerised
Uhh my daughter loves this song, we even sing it together - and I f**ing hate it. Haha

EDIT : The song I hate, that is!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Uhh my daughter loves this song, we even sing it together - and I f**ing hate it. Haha

EDIT : The song I hate, that is!
I hate-love it in equal measure. There was a point when my kids were little that YouTube was a very prominent feature in our lives, this one blew me away 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It sounds like complete bullshit, and so does selling SB's toy. Having grown up surrounded by families on benefits/in THE POVERTY, and for a lot longer than a year and a half, and sometimes having to get creative to get by, not one of them would take to the internet to claim they'd sold their fixtures and fittings. Besides, if someone was selling their half used lightbulbs, who tf would actually buy it? It would be far more likely some neighbour (or, you know, her landlord dad) would take pity on a single mother with a toddler and drop in a pack of lightbulbs, no? She thinks THE POVERTY is the f-ing wild west where everyone is out for themselves because she hasn't truly lived it beyond a rough patch.
It belies her fundamental lack of understanding of services that both exist AND work together to support people living in poverty (despite her EXPERTISE). I've been a school leader for 20 years, working only in areas of need. The pastoral teams at schools and nurseries, children's services, the local police, the foodbanks, we all work together when we know a family is struggling. Friends and neighbours also help out, despite not having much themselves.

She's constructed a middle class fantasy of what life is like for those actually in poverty.

Jarvis Cocker : 'Everybody hates a tourist'

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I hate-love it in equal measure. There was a point when my kids were little that YouTube was a very prominent feature in our lives, this one blew me away 🤣🤣🤣
It is cute to see how much pleasure they get from singing it..

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think Jack truly believes we take this thread seriously. Like it’s a part of our lives. I come on here when I’m sitting on my own, relaxing as it’s funny and I like reading everyone’s comments.

Apart from seeing the odd discarded bird making me laugh, I barely think about her OR even this whole site! I’m pretty sure for all the triangulating of egg chairs and Slopbot, no one is actually that arsed about her away from here. I’m currently on here while in the bath... with a new scalp massager and a shampoo bar- I’ve been INFLUENCED! Thanks ninnies.
Couldn't agree with this more. The only thing I take seriously is Jack's grifting and lying for personal gain. Don't care where she is. Don't care who she is with. Don't care what she had for breakfast.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
I'm so intrigued by habitual/pathological liars. We all stretch the truth or tell little white lies sometimes but the thought of not just flat out lying to those around you let alone writing it down and posting it all on SM for anyone to pick apart -forensically- makes me exhausted.
I know, I would be mortified to be caught out in a lie. Big shame spiral 😧😧😧

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
It belies her fundamental lack of understanding of services that both exist AND work together to support people living in poverty (despite her EXPERTISE). I've been a school leader for 20 years, working only in areas of need. The pastoral teams at schools and nurseries, children's services, the local police, the foodbanks, we all work together when we know a family is struggling. Friends and neighbours also help out, despite not having much themselves.

She's constructed a middle class fantasy of what life is like for those actually in poverty.

Jarvis Cocker : 'Everybody hates a tourist'
She is to poverty what Dick Van Dyke is to a Cockney accent.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Exactly! (haven't read Little Women, but follow the point...) It's like a caricature of the working class, an exaggerated interpretation of all of the traits she can imagine - and not to mention the dramatised experience of poverty, it's all pure fiction.
Wait til she discovers Dickens. It’ll blow her tiny mind

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.