Jack Monroe #173 I take one day off and now she’s Polish?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You would think that by now, some form of learning would have taken place. Our Jackie girl tells us time and time again that she is learning about herself.
Stop.
Just stop and think about what you are doing Jack. This latest foray into trying to set up some sort of self-help support group on the one of BIGGEST SM platforms is just disgusting and so very dangerous.
Stop being so public with everything.
Recover in private with your support group before you get kick out of it.
I have wondered on my morning grunka whether her attempts to create a support group could be double edged - she clearly wants someone specific to join, but she could also possibly be spinning a yarn to someone (LJC) and need a support group that she’s not already been kicked out of to make it look realistic.

anyone else I’d believe their struggles even with a dodgy timeline (shame leads to lies etc), but Jacks specifically just ring less and less true to me by the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
@Orphan_Black The only thing about those posts that made me feel sad was knowing some poor soul read and believed it.

Garbage human.
There was a bit more on how she keeps basil plants alive. Didn't see the sense in copying that over.

Just shows more inconsistences in her story. I wonder if she even knows the real truth anymore?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
When she said 'night night' I just knew there'd be more tweets :ROFLMAO:

ETA Someone just tried to log in to my instagram from Russia :eek: (Fraus, I am not in Russia)
7520.jpg

Someone mentioned this last night, but here's where she outed someone on twitter as an alcoholic in an attempt to shut them up - https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-91-poor-ish.10410/page-11#post-2669281 post #209, screenshots courtesy of @Silver Linings. Just in case anyone in one of her planned whatsapp groups is wondering to what depths she'll stoop if you don't play by her rules.
This is absolutely unforgivable. Another one to add to the memory bank for next time I feel sorry for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
There was a bit more on how she keeps basil plants alive. Didn't see the sense in copying that over.

Just shows more inconsistences in her story. I wonder if she even knows the real truth anymore?
I don’t think she does, or at the very least she’s genuinely totally forgotten what she’s said in the past. I think it’s the root of the panicked deletes, when someone presents her with receipts or she comes here to find them and she realises there are 18 tweets over the past year contradicting themselves so she deletes the lot including ones she’d probably like to keep (MR GQ) because she knows they’re the tip of the iceberg.

And she thinks if it’s not live on twitter, she at least stands a chance of claiming it’s been faked.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Also, I just want to say to Louisa J Compton, Head of News and Current Affairs and Sport at Channel 4 - these are not the actions of someone who cares about you, or your career. If she's deliberately courting speculation about her relationship with you, she's bringing what she describes as "a cabal of faceless bullying gits" to your actual front door.
I actually think that place looks really nice so it pisses me off she's already used that squiggle mentioning the rug to get a dig in at LJC

"if it was my flat" do one Jack we've seen the state of how you live

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I'm so intrigued by habitual/pathological liars. We all stretch the truth or tell little white lies sometimes but the thought of not just flat out lying to those around you let alone writing it down and posting it all on SM for anyone to pick apart -forensically- makes me exhausted.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I actually think that place looks really nice so it pisses me off she's already used that squiggle mentioning the rug to get a dig in at LJC

Yeah she had to get that in, didn't she (another breadcrumb especially for us, deleted now I think). For future reference, Jack, nobody thinks you need to own a flat, or indeed purchase special tape, in order to simply unkink a rug 💁‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I'm so intrigued by habitual/pathological liars. We all stretch the truth or tell little white lies sometimes but the thought of not just flat out lying to those around you let alone writing it down and posting it all on SM for anyone to pick apart -forensically- makes me exhausted.
I’ve said before, the person I knew IRL who lied as much as Jack used to lose it whenever anyone so much as made a mistake around them. I wasn’t in a relationship with her (thank duck) but I imagine that’s what Jack’s partners have to deal with.

If she’s like my former colleague, she will be telling them a different story every 5 mins (like she does on Twitter) but if they say something as simple as “I think we’ve got enough milk, no need to buy some” and it turns out they don’t, the rants about them having lied to her and how horrible they are for lying will start.

Obviously just conjecture your honour, maybe Jack isn’t like that at all...

• Haha
Reactions: 26

I just felt the need for another inspirational quote. Does anyone have the original blog article?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
View attachment 512193View attachment 512194View attachment 512195View attachment 512196View attachment 512197

Hey, I went on a snoop last night, theres a Mumsnet post from 2013, Jack turns up (like thread 31) to defend herself. Sorry if these have been posted before.

I think another user on that thread could possibly be her too, same writing style, defending Jack to the hilt. Hmmmmmm.

Couldn't help but lol at her liking healthy debate!!! (Sorry for massive image dump, Poca)
😡😡 it’s the things like this that make my blood boil. Eternally on the defensive if anyone dares to make what she sees as a negative comment, IMO exaggerated poverty (I’m speculating here m’lud) & bragging that her body of work has changed the lives of poors who replicate the slop recipes 😡😡
The wee bunny butt is perched on my avatar at a very jaunty angle 😹 (just realised my emoji content is like a mum person with their first phone 🙈)

• Heart
  • Angry
If anyone is pining for a garden egg chair, just like Jackie's, Aldi will have them on sale, online from tomorrow. £149.99!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

I just felt the need for another inspirational quote. Does anyone have the original blog article?

WARNING-self harm in the content

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Oh yes, I need a laugh! MC Dad is watching a weird ass film with Tilda Swinton playing a psycho kid's mum. He keeps coming in the bedroom to update me on the movie. Saturday night's going off at Chez MC.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
To a certain extent those close to the liar can often enable them by accepting they lies at face value, has happened a lot in my own very dysfunctional family, but eventually the person needs to take ownership of the lies & stop doing it! I can’t see that Jack ever will, as she has never been properly challenged on any of the lies, even the Go Henry debacle

Just read the first few paragraphs
“I am often advised not to respond to criticism – and I rarely do” 😹😹😹 another lie

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

i
I

It's a sad story, story. I don't want to detract from the point that poverty is hideous, especially with a child or when the weather is tit but I have been very poor and I kind of understand the switched off fridge thing but I really don't understand the unscrewed light bulbs. I understand not putting in new when they are dead but if she lived with SB who was tiny then, he wouldn't have been switching on lights willy nilly, it just feels like an unnecessary action.
Happy to be corrected.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
To a certain extent those close to the liar can often enable them by accepting they lies at face value, has happened a lot in my own very dysfunctional family, but eventually the person needs to take ownership of the lies & stop doing it! I can’t see that Jack ever will, as she has never been properly challenged on any of the lies, even the Go Henry debacle
My feeling is her parents never letting her get her feelings hurt by telling her she is in fact not amazing at everything or denying her things she asked for, I know people whose parents treated them this way and they were almost exactly like Jack.

Cut them out of my life as it is literally soul sucking to have that going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Oh yes, I need a laugh! MC Dad is watching a weird ass film with Tilda Swinton playing a psycho kid's mum. He keeps coming in the bedroom to update me on the movie. Saturday night's going off at Chez MC.
We need to talk about Kevin?

• Heart

If it is Louisa Compton"s, head of channel 4 news etc, flat (and not an air bnb) I would guess she has Louisa's permission to post pictures of the inside of her flat and take the piss out of her rumpled carpet.

However, considering the complete midden Jack appears to live in, she is skating on thin ice

• Heart
Reactions: 42
i
I

It's a sad story, story. I don't want to detract from the point that poverty is hideous, especially with a child or when the weather is tit but I have been very poor and I kind of understand the switched off fridge thing but I really don't understand the unscrewed light bulbs. I understand not putting in new when they are dead but if she lived with SB who was tiny then, he wouldn't have been switching on lights willy nilly, it just feels like an unnecessary action.
Happy to be corrected.
She’s claimed before she sold the unscrewed lightbulbs. It’s one of the main things that set alarm bells going for me, it just doesn’t sound true. Similarly her fridge apparently remaining unplugged even while she lived with 5 other people.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.