Jack Monroe #173 I take one day off and now she’s Polish?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s claimed before she sold the unscrewed lightbulbs. It’s one of the main things that set alarm bells going for me, it just doesn’t sound true. Similarly her fridge apparently remaining unplugged even while she lived with 5 other people.
Ah OK thanks, I had missed the selling of the light bulbs. Anything I say here feels uneccessary and mean, so I'm going to say nothing. 🤐

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She’s claimed before she sold the unscrewed lightbulbs. It’s one of the main things that set alarm bells going for me, it just doesn’t sound true. Similarly her fridge apparently remaining unplugged even while she lived with 5 other people.
As that appears to be went she moved back home her parents must have been pretty pissed off to find their fridge unplugged.

Although at the same time she was unplugging fridges she was batch cooking for the freezer. Just as when she was tapping out her recipes on an old Nokia she was updating her spending on a speadsheet.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
As that appears to be went she moved back home her parents must have been pretty pissed off to find their fridge unplugged.

Although at the same time she was unplugging fridges she was batch cooking for the freezer. Just as when she was tapping out her recipes on an old Nokia she was updating her spending on a speadsheet.
It's reminders like this that just confirm how full of tit she really is.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

She seems to me very much like a bury your head in the sand sort of person. My mum always told me to speak to electricity people and other providers tell them the situation and what you can realistically spend on bills, as long as you pay what's agreed they cannot legally cut you off, plus I remember when my son was small asking the water people generally about cutting people off and they said if there small children in the house they cannot legally switch the water off.

Luckily I have managed to stay in the clear with regards to bills but I like to be careful all the same as do we'll all.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I’d actually love Jada Pinkett Smith to get matey with her and have Jack on the Red Table Talk. It’d end up with Jada absolutely shredding her or Jack would spontaneously combust as Jada wouldn’t let her get a word in edgeways 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I can’t believe that anyone would actually buy a second hand light bulb. No one.
Even first hand lightbulbs can be hit or miss!
I’m away out for a picnic for a couple of hours. First proper day out since august. Can’t wait! I’m sure I will either come back to a chaos or a delete!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I'm so intrigued by habitual/pathological liars. We all stretch the truth or tell little white lies sometimes but the thought of not just flat out lying to those around you let alone writing it down and posting it all on SM for anyone to pick apart -forensically- makes me exhausted.
I think this is what fascinates me about Jack. Her food is hilariously gross (and sometimes actually offensive), but her lies are incredible. It's the fact that she lies about EVERYTHING. So you have these huge stories like the Poverty alongside inane tit like "I don't have a toaster." She's always, always lying, and it keeps you coming back for more.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Even first hand lightbulbs can be hit or miss!
I’m away out for a picnic for a couple of hours. First proper day out since august. Can’t wait! I’m sure I will either come back to a chaos or a delete!
It’s part of a narrative that other ‘poor people’ (not middle class ones) are stupid and worthless. That there would be people who would buy a used lightbulb. It’s actually a ridiculous thing to say.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I think this is what fascinates me about Jack. Her food is hilariously gross (and sometimes actually offensive), but her lies are incredible. It's the fact that she lies about EVERYTHING. So you have these huge stories like the Poverty alongside inane tit like "I don't have a toaster." She's always, always lying, and it keeps you coming back for more.
The I don't have a toaster was actually my fave because the next second she took a picture complete with toaster. It reminds me of when o child pinches chocolate and gets it all over their face and then their mum says did you have chocolate and they look up all innocent through the chocolate covered eyes and say "no mama"

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I can understand that Jack may have had a brief period of financial instability after losing her job, but haven’t we all? My circumstances changed considerably after my divorce, but I didn’t howl and claw at the floor with woe. I just dealt with it and got on as best as I could. I signed on and also claimed Housing Benefit. I was embarrassed, but I sure as hell would rather have been embarrassed than let my children suffer unnecessarily due to my pride.

I’ve always thought some of you were quite harsh regarding Jack and narcissistic traits, but the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that she feels that she is somehow truly special in some way, and that her experiences were unlike anything other anyone else has ever experienced. She is so deluded and narcissistic that she truly believes that her experience was a unique one. There are plenty of people who have had far worse experiences than she could ever dream about, but of course she professes to know all about those too.

She was just fortunate that she is white, slim, conventionally attractive and was conveniently working as a journalist when her story broke. Surely she must recognise her privilege in all of that and not have a go at people who point this out.

Like so many of you lovely ninnies have said, she has told so many ridiculous lies, it’s hard to know what the actual truth about her experiences are. I mean, secondhand lightbulbs and drinking formula milk you’ve been given for a toddler? witch please! 🙄🙄🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70

Why does the last line remind me of the scene in the Dilemma video where Kelly is texting Nelly... in excel 🤣 (it may be nelly to Kelly I don’t remember)

• Haha
Reactions: 45
It’s part of a narrative that other ‘poor people’ (not middle class ones) are stupid and worthless. That there would be people who would buy a used lightbulb. It’s actually a ridiculous thing to say.
Do you know who would buy a box of secondhand lightbulbs? Someone as fiscally incontinent as Jack.

That's the only way I can see the lie coming about, because that's just normal in Jackland, the expectation that strangers will pay over the odds for a load of old shite, like Jack's castoffs are comparable in her mind to a dod of Britney Spears' used chewing gum going for £10k on ebay or something.

Edit: sorry Britney, you've been through enough without being dragged into this.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I can’t believe that anyone would actually buy a second hand light bulb. No one.
Exactly. I mean, how would one even go about selling one? It's not as if anyone, anywhere, advertises used lights bulbs for sale. Charity shops wouldn't take them. I think I'm right in saying that the story goes something like that people came to her house as a kind of of in house yard sale, and that they rinsed her for light bulbs (? please correct if I'm wrong..) but that just paints the picture of whoever was at this house/yard sale being complete and utter, ruthless bastards. Evil enough to deprive a single mum and her child of their light bulbs for pennies - this is how she imagines the working class to be.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Selling the child's toys is just beyond logical. Second hand they're only worth giving to a charity shop. Unless the young fella was an avid collector of mint condition still in the box Star Wars merch circa 1977 there's no point.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
In my opinion Jack was well connected (media friend who got her the first ‘Jackie’ article) and then lucky to have been given an opportunity and I believe the books came from her relationship with Allegra. Fraus have reported the quality in her recipes have rapidly declined since their relationship ended.

She had her 5 mins of fame and exaggerated her truth for drama, she’s then created stories and outbursts on twitter ever since to stay relevant.

She has no talent and next to no first hand experience to qualify her to be in this position. It’s a shame there are so many others who don’t get the same opportunities she does.

edit: can anyone tell me what age SB was supposed to be when he said ‘no more jam mama?’ Because I don’t believe that happened for a second. Emotional manipulator.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Exactly. I mean, how would one even go about selling one? It's not as if anyone, anywhere, advertises used lights bulbs for sale. Charity shops wouldn't take them. I think I'm right in saying that the story goes something like that people came to her house as a kind of of in house yard sale, and that they rinsed her for light bulbs (? please correct if I'm wrong..) but that just paints the picture of whoever was at this house/yard sale being complete and utter, ruthless bastards. Evil enough to deprive a single mum and her child of their light bulbs for pennies - this is how she imagines the working class to be.
Oh Lord Jesus Christ, I've just realised it smacks of Little Women as well. The hair and the combs. The melodrama. The poverty. The obvious fiction based loosely on historical fact.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
People don’t even buy second hand toys that much. You can sell bikes and kitchens and things. But small items don’t generally sell unless they are rare.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.