Jack Monroe #173 I take one day off and now she’s Polish?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it reminds me of Matt Damon who said he likes to go for a run but the paps would wait outside his house everyday. So he started wearing exactly the same outfit when he went out everyday and so their photographs were worthless. If you don’t give them anything to use they don’t have anything!
That’s a brilliant story! I’ve not heard that before.
I love Matt Damon but what was the story about him breaking up with mini driver. He did it on Oprah or something if I remember correctly. That must have been humiliating for her.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
Yeah I reckon that’s a large part of it too. The threads had slowed down to one every three days, not one a day 🥴, some people were calling her boring (she kind of is) and I guess losing some sort of notoriety (hundreds of people wanting to talk about her) is noticeable for her. Besides, if there’s hundreds of people not talking AS much about her, then it makes her claims of bullying less relevant perhaps?

She definitely chooses what she posts in order to bait comments and speculation - the books in the background, kitchen, the decor. I think if I were in a position where someone / people were watching my every move and wanted to speculate - I wouldn’t give them anything to speculate on and I certainly wouldn’t look at what was being said either. Life’s too short for that tit.
The frying pan pic is the perfect example of this. She never shows her food in pans, but that overhead shot was designed for us to go "ohhh that's not her cooker!" (I guess our disgust at the grime was not the point?)

Especially because she ALSO took a standard Jack shot of slop on a plate - why post both, unless you're weirdly obsessed with Tattle and worried we'll lose interest and start counting our chairs again? It's exactly the same MO as her lockdown list last year, with Louisa's name partly but not completely covered.

PS Jack has made that exact same joke about this cool new series called Prison Break before. It wasn't funny the first time, either.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
It's exactly the same MO as her lockdown list last year, with Louisa's name partly but not completely covered.
Also, I just want to say to Louisa J Compton, Head of News and Current Affairs and Sport at Channel 4 - these are not the actions of someone who cares about you, or your career. If she's deliberately courting speculation about her relationship with you, she's bringing what she describes as "a cabal of faceless bullying gits" to your actual front door.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Manipulator, add that to your bio Jack. Narc specialty is getting reactions for no reason but they can.

I used to know a girl who would go off and sit by herself at parties and gatherings, she did it every time I saw her. When I asked her why she said it was to see who would come up and ask if she was ok. There was nothing wrong with her except attention seeking.

So self absorbed she couldn't enjoy a party without having to make someone feel bad for her.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
You not wanting one for winter?
She can't even get a funny mask right. It's a bit disturbing. I have a crochet Viking helmet with horns that is quite cosy.

Not sure I'd ever feel cold enough to wear that. Yikes.

PS Jack, cats don't need you to represent them. Leave them alone pls and thank(space)you

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
My husband bought me those cat socks for Christmas. He was so pleased with himself (I have ginger cats). I didn’t have the heart to tell him.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Didn't she once say she wore a bikini and handed out shots(or something similar, I can't remember exactly??). Obviously everyone has their own boundaries but weird to do that and then refuse to wear a knee length skirt for a 'passing out ceremony'.
Just want to 🙌🏻 this little connection here! Sometimes it’s the most simple things she says that make the least sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I just watched both live on Mars and ashes to ashes last year. I am terrible with TV, Id much rather read so I miss out all of things classics. Plus when It was on I had quite a busy and hectic social and work life so I seen even less tv then.
I love live on Mars wasn't so keen on ashes to ashes apart from the end for obvious reasons. I don't care that I was behind in it compared to my mates unlike her when it comes to telly I accept that I am 1000 years behind the rest of the world.

I just sent this to my mum who is a great knitter and she just said it's a bit plain and rough in places.
I do this too, pretty much every single TV series I love is one I've been horrendously late to.

If Jack hasn't moved on from her proposed echo-chamber support group for martyrs, I would also like to mention the time she had a go at David Walliams for having a coke habit. Will her support group cover all eventualities or only those that affect her? Will it all go tits up when she realises some people have it worse than her? (no because it won't even get that far)

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Hard to know what to say about the selective recovery group chat. Completely and utterly tone deaf, perhaps? Flying in the face of established and proven recovery resources that make it clear addiction doesn't discriminate on socio-economic background, maybe?

As with anything she does in this area, I'm deeply uncomfortable with her spitballing ideas to an audience of 300,000+ people (some of whom challenge the limits of credulity, as it is).

Just to add, Cath looks absolutely fabulous with her rabbit bum bonnet in my display pic :love:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
More than once she's tried to publicly out people who have substance or alcohol issues. If I were in her circle of acquaintances I'd stay as far away as possible. Quite easy in Covid times, of course.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Her attitude towards other people with substance abuse problems is concerning, and most likely a product of her own self-loathing and that is sad. BUT that does not make her the right person to organise any form of informal or formal support. She also does not understand confidentiality or discretion. I hope to God that anyone thinking of joining her 'group' thinks on it really hard. She will harm them and jeopardise their recovery. Unboundaried support is NEVER therapeutic.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
1a.png
1b.png
1c.png
1d.png
1e.png

Hey, I went on a snoop last night, theres a Mumsnet post from 2013, Jack turns up (like thread 31) to defend herself. Sorry if these have been posted before.

I think another user on that thread could possibly be her too, same writing style, defending Jack to the hilt. Hmmmmmm.

Couldn't help but lol at her liking healthy debate!!! (Sorry for massive image dump, Poca)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Someone I follow on insta posted a vegan pastitsio and it looks a million times more attractive than Jack the literal expert chef and photographer’s version
48626BD4-2F7D-4BBE-80E0-E548162EF1E2.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.