Jack Monroe #173 I take one day off and now she’s Polish?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
AA Meeting Jack would be the worst:

"Hi, I'm Jack, and I'm an alcoholic...and a writer, campaigner, cook, activist, poet, double denim enthusiast, single mum, journalist, washing machine operator, former foodbank user..."

Is there a time limit on how long they let you speak?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Does anyone else think she got a wee bit behind and as spent all of the fee minutes off twitter grunking for all she is worth and had finally got up and went tit " they keep telling true stories about me, those meanies, I'm going on the beg for some friends?!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I had to leave thread #31 after about 30 pages. I felt like I was intruding on something! Second hand embarrassment kicking in again I think. I did enjoy the ice lolly chat though.
The best thing by far about thread 31 was everyone just carrying their conversations on around jack 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
AA Meeting Jack would be the worst:

"Hi, I'm Jack, and I'm an alcoholic...and a writer, campaigner, cook, activist, poet, double denim enthusiast, single mum, journalist, washing machine operator, former foodbank user..."

Is there a time limit on how long they let you speak?
Unfortunately, no.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Funny how she specifies her interest in media types, those in entertainment or publishing. This isn't some altruistic Jack act; she's networking, and wants to skim the cream in various industries, so forget it if you are a mere pleb who has faced actual bullying from actual trolls. Jack's motives are purely to serve Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I don’t get why she’d be working in a crappy provincial nightclub while at the same time working a 24/7 shift rota in a £27k job with the fire service? Wiki says fire service was 2007-11 (below) so the entire time she was also doing club shifts?

How was it financially necessary? But also how did she fit it in, because every emergency shift worker I know works on patterns which mean they’re never available weekly, you know? I can only assume she was an extremely casual cash-in-hand for nights when they were truly desperate. That, or *deploy Jimmy Nail*

View attachment 511115
They played this at the end of the night at the club in our town and I’m the same age as jack 🔺 they played New York New York and immediately followed by “in the jungle”

if you didn’t get to the kebab shop by in the jungle you’d have to queue for ages for cheesey chips.

so she could be telling the truth but I hate to consider it. #newyorknewyorktruther

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Imagine Bullied Celebs Anonymous. Raheem Stirling is talking about racist abuse. Tom Hanks says there are conspiracy theorists making 3-hour Youtube videos saying that he is running a child trafficking ring. Benedict Cumberbatch talks about all the absolute maniacs who have accused his wife of entrapping him, faking pregnancies, and all kinds of mad tit.

Jack Monroe: "THEY SAID MY FOOD LOOKS LIKE SLOP." 🤷🏼‍♀️
THEY COUNTED HOW MANY SIDEBOARDS I OWN.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Our favourite trifle defender, I feel like there’s a tweet for everything!?

I have found her on Insta and her posts are great - SHAN’T put it up here but she’s linked it in a post on her Twitter.

Hey Jack, any exclusive recipes for us this weekend? No chocolate eggs with lamb mince stuffing with gold glitter on top?
F045BF2A-87DE-42B9-B2A4-1EDD035AB84F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Has Jack always had her first name and surname in lower case on Twitter? It’s so annoying!

Reactions: 15
I’ve had a skim, a mini grunk if you will. I’ve also had a Friday night wine (sorry Jack!) and no. Just no. She’s still saying we are haters? Really? She’s BEEN here. I re-read it only last night. What a bleh. What a meh. She got such good, excellent advice from you all despite the fact she doxxed @Nonnymouse and @BeautifulTrauma by using their real names and being an all round petulant arse. I just cannot compute. The worst part of reading her being here is that you kind of actually...just want her to leave? Jack no. I came because you’re ugh. I stayed because everyone else is BLOODY LOVELY.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Jamie Lee bleeping Curtis! Jada Smith. Yeah they would LOVE to be in a WhatsApp group with a woman who makes brown things in Southend.

I LOVE JLC so duck off tagging her.
Please PLEASE God, if you're there, let Monroe send grovelling and cringeworthy messages to these famous people asking if they want to join her A-list club..

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
This clarion call for “fellow” recovery folk has more than a whiff of “please contact me if you are poor and deprived - it’s for my new book and I will pay you.” , about it. Is she running short of material?

Also, I second the idea of the resulting WhatsApp group being a wankfest of truly wretched, self centred people all cosplaying how awful it is to not be able to escape the hell of being rich and famous with a bottle of wine of an evening.

Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.