Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ROI is the Mr Tayto in a bowler hat.
NI has a castle apparently?
We do! It’s called Tandragee Castle. I went once as a child and it was everything I dreamed of and more. You threw your potato in at the start and followed it’s journey. You were allowed to take crisps off the conveyor belts and stuff them in your apron, which became just a big bag of crisps by the end. Bliss.

The best day of my life was when we all had the green hats
Everyone’s Irish on March 17th!
Everyone except Jack Monroe.

Guess the Mr Taytos:

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I need to make way over to the U.K. and Ireland. As much as I love Australia we just don't have the amazing Potato Castles history here. Although I must say I'm looking forward to winter, as always (I hate anything over 25 degrees) so I can post dead gloves and really be part of the cabal.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
We do! It’s called Tandragee Castle. I went once as a child and it was everything I dreamed of and more. You threw your potato in at the start and followed it’s journey. You were allowed to take crisps off the conveyor belts and stuff them in your apron, which became just a big bag of crisps by the end. Bliss.

Everyone’s Irish on March 17th!
Everyone except Jack Monroe.

Guess the Mr Taytos:
Amazing!! We have the black hatted Tatyo.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I need to make way over to the U.K. and Ireland. As much as I love Australia we just don't have the amazing Potato Castles history here. Although I must say I'm looking forward to winter, as always (I hate anything over 25 degrees) so I can post dead gloves and really be part of the cabal.
You already are part of the Cabal!
I imagined you were in NZ. No idea why 😂

But potato castles are definitely worth a 24 hour flight. Trust me!

Amazing!! We have the black hatted Tatyo.
Mine is red hat Mr Tayto! And yellow cheese & onions! Walkers really threw me a spanner when I was a kid having their salt and vinegar in green packets. It’s quite obviously meant to be blue!

ETA I FINALLY HAVE A PICTURE! Mr Tayto was the magic one.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Saw this and immediately thought of here. Amazing coincidence! If it was a coincidence 😳
I also saw this. I reckon a lot of people who spend loads of time on Twitter will have the measure of Jack but don’t say anything due to the ‘kicking a puppy’ fear.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I also saw this. I reckon a lot of people who spend loads of time on Twitter will have the measure of Jack but don’t say anything due to the ‘kicking a puppy’ fear.
Jacks no puppy, just a professional victim due to her own life choices, mainly. Would love a blue ticker to casually point this out one day.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Not a fan of the way she's phrased this. Like she's been asked by people to say something.

What do you even say? What could you say Jack? I don't think empty words on Twitter are going to help people at this point.

Unless you've got some contacts at the UN?

Reactions: 55
It is in fact a castle that they make crisps in! No boring relics, just 🥔 goodness. Greatness, even.
I hate the way NI tayto had the upper hand for decades with our castle then Southern tayto decided to one up us by building a theme park. Have to give them that! 😂😂

I feel bad for derailing the thread into off topic tayto discussions again (is it really off topic when Jack is a notorious multi bag of crisp eater?)

for our non NI fraus I’ll give you the recipe for fifteens

15 digestives (blended)
15 marshmallows (quartered)
Small tin of condensed milk
15 glacé cherries (optional- I hate these so throw in malteser instead)

mix it all up then it is traditionally rolled into a sausage shape into desiccated coconut and then sliced into rounds.
I like to go rogue and put it flat in a traybake and put a layer of white chocolate on top.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Some fraus here really love a good Taytos facts chat of an evening 😂 funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
15 glacé cherries (optional- I hate these so throw in malteser instead)
I like to go rogue and put it flat in a traybake and put a layer of white chocolate on top.
No cherries??? Maltesers ?????

I do like the sound of your traybake though #F&Dthreads👉

Not a fan of the way she's phrased this. Like she's been asked by people to say something.

What do you even say? What could you say Jack? I don't think empty words on Twitter are going to help people at this point.

Unless you've got some contacts at the UN?
Exactly! “UN awaits what grifting nobody in small town Essex belatedly mentions on Twitter, before declaring anything....”

I’m puzzled though about who is contacting Jack-Monroe-is-away to discuss the horrors in Myanmar by sliding into her DMs? Why?

I for one can’t wait to be educated by her — although obvs I’m not enumerated in her “stupidly large platform” — like any right minded person I prefer to have my political information through the medium of gifs on Tattle!

And her blind insistence on effing Twitter being the only forum for anything enrages me. Absolutely pointless.

I do believe that her ego is bigger even than her Mediterranean arse

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.