Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! It's about how you spend money isn't it? This definitely screams yummy mummy. More money than sense. That Harry Enfield sketch I Saw You Coming 😂

My living room rug cost me £80 from Dunelm which was about an expensive as I was willing to go. And I can clean it which I find is always a bonus.
Exactly!! I’m not begrudging her the rug but everything she has either has a story, bought at a festival, gifted by a friend or it’s JL. It’s never “oh thanks, it’s from matalan etc”

I remember back when she still seemed credible to me and got a lot at wilko buteven that seems to have stopped
ETA: I’m ok with rug chat but please no one bring back the sentient rug 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I remember back when she still seemed credible to me and got a lot at wilko buteven that seems to have stopped
She boycotted Wilko at one point.

edit: she goes through phases of promoting brands (wilko, Asda) obviously trying to get their attention. 💸 Doesn’t work and she moves on.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I had to use twitter for work and it was a time suck - it could be useful but it mostly was the same "in group" chatting away and promoting each other. With a change in job, I binned it off. I don't miss it and I can confidently say, as a now non-user, it never bleeping crosses my mind what's being said on there. The people who use it though, my GOD, don't they just believe they are the elite all-knowing all-seeing, all-understanding creme de la creme of life. It's a joke! They're all just blowing smoke up each others' arses while the rest of the world gets on with life. Sad fucks.
Yes, this! I do a hella lotta research 📐 the idea that anyone would get huge/comprehensive amounts of information by scrolling Twitter is just baffling to me. All it is good for is for people to a.) be alerted to something needing further independent research, or b.) see which way the wind is blowing among certain groups. If you’re making an effort to understand something, you wouldn’t need Twitter to tell you.

I know a lot about Myanmar, and have done for years - it’s not even my niche! I don’t need an incompetent, so-called food expert to educate me. Neither does anyone else. If people want to understand more, they’ll read up on it. duck off, Jack!

Twitter is mostly a cacophony of garbled, self-serving monologues.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
When I thought she was going to insert herself into a story this weekend I thought it was going to be the prit Patel one. Not this embarrassing myamarr stuff

Reactions: 29
Yes! It's about how you spend money isn't it? This definitely screams yummy mummy. More money than sense. That Harry Enfield sketch I Saw You Coming 😂

My living room rug cost me £80 from Dunelm which was about an expensive as I was willing to go. And I can clean it which I find is always a bonus.
Exactly!! I’m not begrudging her the rug but everything she has either has a story, bought at a festival, gifted by a friend or it’s JL. It’s never “oh thanks, it’s from matalan etc”

I remember back when she still seemed credible to me and got a lot at wilko but

edit: she goes through phases of promoting brands (wilko, Asda) obviously trying to get their attention. 💸 Doesn’t work and she moves on.
OHH! Any particular reason or was she just being ✨maverick✨

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I had to use twitter for work and it was a time suck - it could be useful but it mostly was the same "in group" chatting away and promoting each other. With a change in job, I binned it off. I don't miss it and I can confidently say, as a now non-user, it never bleeping crosses my mind what's being said on there. The people who use it though, my GOD, don't they just believe they are the elite all-knowing all-seeing, all-understanding creme de la creme of life. It's a joke! They're all just blowing smoke up each others' arses while the rest of the world gets on with life. Sad fucks.
Yep! All of this!

Jack’s “my big audience” tit is hilarious when you look at YouTube views / sub counts, Twitter is like a tiny village compared. Tbh I don’t know why we’ve not got Molly Mae making a #protein chicken dinner for her and Tommy on This Morning instead of 3k book sales Monroe.

Reactions: 40
I saw Scum when it was released. I bought a S/H dvd of it a few years ago. Too scared to watch it again. Visceral stuff. Same with Made in Britain with Tim Roth. I have loved Tim Roth ever since, but that was brutal.

Sorry. OT. I'm just learning the etiquette here.
I remember watching the original version of Scum, it was brutal! I had no idea that there had been a remake, but then again I’m not one for films. Mr Aquamarina however, is a real cinephile and he finds it strange that I don’t really watch films. I also have no idea who a lot of actors and actresses are as a consequence. And am I the only woman who doesn’t find Tom Hardy attractive in any way, shape or form? Why do women fancy him so much? I just can’t see it myself.🤷‍♀️

BTW, I dreamt about Jack last night; it was most disconcerting. Some of the cabal were in a television studio as the audience and we were discussing her and how terrible she is. She came in and we had to style it out and make polite conversation with her about some filming she was doing for something else. I can’t remember the rest of the dream though.

ETA, posted this on a grunk and am now feeling slightly awkward given the current chat about the horrific situation in Myanmar. At least I’m not trying to insert myself into a difficult political situation when I have no bleeping clue about it really other than trying to promote myself eh Jack.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

She really had it in for the Work Supplies Shop at one time (but then carried on using it)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I unfollowed these threads because it was making me a bit ragey and weird 🤣.

I have sufficiently calmed down now to rejoin.
PS himself makes me feel like that!

Like your avatar, it looks a bit like our kitten.

Back on topic: Jack still can't cook :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Because I respect the opinion of the cabal above all others- could anyone recommend a couple of varieties of indoor plants that need minimal attention (i.e I could be away for a week and they wouldn't cark it) please?

Does such a thing exist?

On topic: Jack is a pillock

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Her post to Marcus is so patronising. She is so proud of him. I bet he puts together a better meal than she does. He would go seriously down in my estimation if he was to work with her. Those turkey and rinsed bean meatballs with the massive badly chopped onions looked disgusting. I feel so sorry for the kids who were probably excited to see Marcus having to be presented with those.

Reactions: 47
Speaking of the hideous rag rug, I noticed this a while ago. She got it from the Cambridge folk festival and whoever sold it to her apparently told her it was a handmade Moroccan carpet lol.

View attachment 502748

View attachment 502747
Such a tw@t . No offence to anyone but that rug is horrible. Wax cloth sourced from morogoro, material gifted by poor natives in awe of my majesty. she's sounds like a gap year student. Have you 'done the taj mahal yet jack?'
Oh and I'm so bloody rich and faux gauche darling I just keep crap on my (RENTED) baby grand. It even has watermarks from the mugs of coffee made from civet tit bestowed on me when I joined the tory Party as their woman on the front line of acceptable poverty and social mobility.
Obviously this happened after I sang with Billy Bragg in my Marmalade Atkins phase.
Oh, did I mention my dead grandad was a slum landlord?
Thatcher's dream.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Every time she tweets about how she's no longer on twitter, it's immediately followed by about 400 tweets in the space of a day.
Meanwhile, this is so #classicJack re. the Groucho Club -

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 09.54.05.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
If we ever needed proof that jack monroe is middle class, here it is... went to the folkfest and bought a rug!
BTW I’m not saying that you have to be middle class to like folk music, obviously quite the opposite but the folkfest has become notoriously middle class and full of weekend hippies who think they discovered folk music.

(And you should see the amount of STUFF people take for a weekends camping) not to 🔺myself but I grew up a stones throw from it and was always annoyed when it was on as I couldn’t cut through the park
I used to work at a folk and blues festival (I love both genres). The people attending were mostly dicks. Most memorable was a customer coming back to complain to me that his programme had a miniscule grass stain on one of the pages. It was an outdoors festival ffs.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.