Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So glad we are not in trouble 😂
Little snippets of off topic (even better attached to on topic) is different to pages and pages of paragraphs and paragraphs of off topic / potentially triggering chat that has been reported (then I am forced to be boring mod).
ETA: There is always the Food and Drink thread for general chat.
Oh god, the clocks have gone forward, haven’t they? Yuck 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
This is like everything that is wrong with Monroe in one tweet.

"Been reading your tweets but not known what to say as it's so huge and horrifying" - Taking a massive issue and attempting to place herself into the social media led narrative. (why does she need to say anything, why can't she be just read and be horrified)

"Here if you need to vent or rage privately any time," - off the chart arrogance, why on earth would someone with no previous connection to her just suddenly decide that the thing that she really needs now, in this hour of dire need, is a conversation with the miracle worker Monroe that she's heard so much about...

"and if you want to use my stupidly large platform" - delusions of grandeur, plus a pathetic attempt to be dragged into the mix for likes and engagement (the real motive behind the whole message..)

"to post anything to educate my followers" - Educate her followers? what the duck is he going on about, morally righteous twit. And anyway, presumably any hot take for her to share she would be learning for the first time herself, so in true Monroe fashion she goes from learning something new to immediately lording over others an apparent superior knowledge..

"let me know and I'll be happy to repost stuff" - Again the real motivation = please, PLEASE give me your blessing to start fights on SM regarding this, and I can start monetising this tit for myself.

She has an ability to infuriate before the first Morning coffee is even finished.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 118
"educate my followers" is such a hideous turn of phrase. It just feels rooted in a sense of superiority. And let's get real, Jack's entire knowledge of Myanmar almost certainly comes from following one lone Twitter account.

Complex political situations do really badly on Twitter. Even if you know the situation well - which Jack doesn't - it's a horrible platform for discussing things with nuance.

Anyway, the countdown to I can relate. When I was a poor single mum going to foodbanks, David Cameron's Tory government was no better than a military junta has begun...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 73
I've just noticed the Wiki button has reappeared?! Time for the moon chaoses to be added (not by me)

Reactions: 14
she's such a knobhead

you want a food writer's tweets about Myanmar? you want mimi aye, who, you know, is from there and has family there and her tweets are hard reading at times

you certainly don't need this clueless idiot who has no idea about, well, anything really

• Heart
Reactions: 48
It’s the “Hope you are ok, Mimi - sending love ♥tit that infuriates me. If you read the recent stuff Mimi is sharing (that Jack pretends to have), then CLEARLY she isn’t ok. What’s wrong with sending that as a DM? Or quote-tweeting the threads with “Important info from my friend”. Also, the “strong women” reply from a squiggle actually makes me want to hurl my tablet across the room.. Tossers, the lot of them.

I know this is me being all “man shouts at cloud stuff” though. As stated by everyone, her Twitter is all about boosting her engagement or making money - everything else is incidental.

Reactions: 49
Oh God the rag rug!!!! It's like one of those snuffle enrichment mats for doggos . " Be a dear and pop that in a boil wash....'
Speaking of the hideous rag rug, I noticed this a while ago. She got it from the Cambridge folk festival and whoever sold it to her apparently told her it was a handmade Moroccan carpet lol.

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 09.09.45.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 09.12.17.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 65
Speaking of the hideous rag rug, I noticed this a while ago. She got it from the Cambridge folk festival and whoever sold it to her apparently told her it was a handmade Moroccan carpet lol.

View attachment 502748

View attachment 502747
If we ever needed proof that jack monroe is middle class, here it is... went to the folkfest and bought a rug!
BTW I’m not saying that you have to be middle class to like folk music, obviously quite the opposite but the folkfest has become notoriously middle class and full of weekend hippies who think they discovered folk music.

(And you should see the amount of STUFF people take for a weekends camping) not to 🔺myself but I grew up a stones throw from it and was always annoyed when it was on as I couldn’t cut through the park

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
If we ever needed proof that jack monroe is middle class, here it is... went to the folkfest and bought a rug!
BTW I’m not saying that you have to be middle class to like folk music, obviously quite the opposite but the folkfest has become notoriously middle class and full of weekend hippies who think they discovered folk music.

(And you should see the amount of STUFF people take for a weekends camping) not to 🔺myself but I grew up a stones throw from it and was always annoyed when it was on as I couldn’t cut through the park
Can't help but wonder whether she wore her stab vest to it 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Whenever Topical Jack appears I always think it's less to do what's in her DMs and more to do with the Brexit Tin Thief offloading about whatever's gone on at work that week.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 53

Yes! It's about how you spend money isn't it? This definitely screams yummy mummy. More money than sense. That Harry Enfield sketch I Saw You Coming 😂

My living room rug cost me £80 from Dunelm which was about an expensive as I was willing to go. And I can clean it which I find is always a bonus.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

View attachment 502748

View attachment 502747
Oh, see! That bed is an IKEA Hemnes day bed. It pulls out like a trundle and becomes a double bed. So, when she went on about sleeping on a sofa for years, she meant that she slept on a proper slatted bed with a proper mattress, that doubles as seating, not a sofa.

<Kandi - The lies. The lies. The lies>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
And her blind insistence on effing Twitter being the only forum for anything enrages me. Absolutely pointless.
I had to use twitter for work and it was a time suck - it could be useful but it mostly was the same "in group" chatting away and promoting each other. With a change in job, I binned it off. I don't miss it and I can confidently say, as a now non-user, it never bleeping crosses my mind what's being said on there. The people who use it though, my GOD, don't they just believe they are the elite all-knowing all-seeing, all-understanding creme de la creme of life. It's a joke! They're all just blowing smoke up each others' arses while the rest of the world gets on with life. Sad fucks.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.