Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Vlad is keen on becoming a stylist, he knows she reads here, and has carefully selected a Diana-esque jumper, and a skirt for Tippy Toes Jack.
9B1BC135-D31A-4726-B01D-1609FEB68769.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 35
she's using "proud of you" in the way that twitter fandoms do to like harry styles or bts or whatever

they are literal children though, not 33 year old middle class mums 😬
I’m so fascinated by this exact thing in the fandoms on Twitter. There’s a huge fandom for Ballum (Ben and Callum on Eastenders) for example. When I was a teenager we just fancied actors and popstars: now they seem to not allude to fancying them at all - it’s all about them being their ‘faves’ and as you say, being ‘proud of them’. It’s more like an ownership and it’s really competitive. It’s easier for fans to have contact with the stars now because of social media and there seems to be certain groups who have lots of access to their ‘faves’. They post nauseating, patronising comments about their girlfriends as if they are family/friend onlookers and I find it so weird. What do they mean... they’re proud? The whole concept of being a fan seems to have changed so much and I feel old.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
That’s just too perfect! Jack will be absolutely FUMING. Considering her pisspoor collab with Hellmann’s was called “Leftover Larder”, she’ll be thinking this should have been her job.
😂😂😂
I'd forgotten it wasn't actually called 'Letdown Larder' 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I’m so fascinated by this exact thing in the fandoms on Twitter. There’s a huge fandom for Ballum (Ben and Callum on Eastenders) for example. When I was a teenager we just fancied actors and popstars: now they seem to not allude to fancying them at all - it’s all about them being their ‘faves’ and as you say, being ‘proud of them’. It’s more like an ownership and it’s really competitive. It’s easier for fans to have contact with the stars now because of social media and there seems to be certain groups who have lots of access to their ‘faves’. They post nauseating, patronising comments about their girlfriends as if they are family/friend onlookers and I find it so weird. What do they mean... they’re proud? The whole concept of being a fan seems to have changed so much and I feel old.
It's definitely ownership, of the most deluded, entitled kind. I put posters on my wall in the 80s, but I didn't think that gave me any say in the musical directions the bands took next. I thought shouting "Judas!" at Bob Dylan was just some looneys - I had no idea how demented fans could become. Look at that absolute shitshow of incels when there was an all-female remake of Ghostbusters. That is what happens when fans cross their streams. Then there's fanfic, and those youtube clips in which fans decide to do their own director's cut of a film or tv series, with all the kissy bits, to some godawful sappy ballad. I used to judge people by the quality of their mixtapes, now I'd be calling the men in white coats and keeping a very wide berth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Are they cooking accounts? Kicky-ball accounts? Greenery, robots, sideboards?

Bad covers of great songs? Long Covid?
Ballet? Bunnies? Gloves?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Screenshot_20210327-143051.png

Vlad has been curating my Amazon recommendations and is up to date with Jack's plant mom craze.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
She’s playing tricks on the canal with the mystery kitchen, then the old “deploy the floof” pic of Coopsy mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The mention of Vlad has reminded me that the font I used for the wall art is called ...Vladimir script. I also learnt that it is incredibly difficult to find authentic 90s Microsoft clip art which is an outrage. How else will I get pictures to accompany my chrome effect wavy WordArt?

There's a limit to the image size you can upload here, I will work on getting a picture gallery up on the Slopbot site so anyone who wants to can download the pictures, print them out and kiss them every night like Jack (probably, she hasn't answered my question) does.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
I know it’s verging on petty, but I can’t help thinking that you reap what you sow when I see tweets like this.

Dr Rupy all up in Jacks niche. This is what happens when your main job isn’t Twitter.

Anyway - maybe she will get a guest spot - after all, she does have friends in (C4) high places.

Edit -Sp.
ah, jack would have loved that job! hanging out with the mother of a tory mp!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
This hit hard. I mean, I absolutely love Rocky Horror..I basically am 'Frank n Furter' but nevertheless he isn't my chosen gender, alas dear hearts, I would absolutely climb him like a tree.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
That’s just too perfect! Jack will be absolutely FUMING. Considering her pisspoor collab with Hellmann’s was called “Leftover Larder”, she’ll be thinking this should have been her job.
😂😂😂
It could have been her job if she wasn’t tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Spot on. The Ballum stuff is particularly toxic- fans have been writing opinion pieces in newspapers about how the show has fucked up their upcoming wedding. Opinion pieces on a fictional wedding which hasn’t actually aired yet.
It's definitely ownership, of the most deluded, entitled kind. I put posters on my wall in the 80s, but I didn't think that gave me any say in the musical directions the bands took next. I thought shouting "Judas!" at Bob Dylan was just some looneys - I had no idea how demented fans could become. Look at that absolute shitshow of incels when there was an all-female remake of Ghostbusters. That is what happens when fans cross their streams. Then there's fanfic, and those youtube clips in which fans decide to do their own director's cut of a film or tv series, with all the kissy bits, to some godawful sappy ballad. I used to judge people by the quality of their mixtapes, now I'd be calling the men in white coats and keeping a very wide berth.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.