Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am waiting to find out if the jokes on us and her happy place kitchen is something to do with a featured spot on Dr Rupys show 😱.
If not, then surely all that is left for her is to accept that she cannot claim an entire section of cookery and demand to be the only one presenting it as she is so well known/its her niche/lifes work etc. She will look like a monumental pillock if she does. How ironic she accused Dr Rupy of being 'after her job' when she was on his show.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Remember when Hellman’s were so happy with her work they’d used it as an example of shining through resilience. Sooo odd they didn’t rebook her right???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Morning mavens. I think the blue kitchen must be some work thing - it would be breaking covid rules to be in another kitchen unless for work (and all showrooms are shut - I’m getting a new kitchen at the mo and it’s a guessing game in terms of what stuff will look like in the flesh!). I know she loves a chaos, but Queen-saluting-Jack wouldn’t knowingly advertise a rule breach.

To those of the canal in England with shiny new covid rules from today, if you can meet loved ones again for the first time in a long while - enjoy! I’m going to see my mum on Friday, I cannot bloody wait

Reactions: 41
In the absence of chaos are we counting ote today? I missed teeth and chairs so I've got my fingers ready for some counting.
I have one houseplant (peace lily innit) but if you count the seedlings in the propagators in the back of the house and the airing cupboard I have approximately too many plants. The organised outdoor sport I am taking part in today is shovelling tit and soil with my parents.

My money is on London kitchen of Lord Jesus Compton as owner of the blue kitchen.
Cooper amongst those flipping flowers makes my stomach feel funny. I just don't like it and no amount of excuses from her will change my damn mind.

@Shawads hope everyone is not feeling too jangled after yesterday.
@MaineCoonMama hope it's negative!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Gala Darling! I did a rabbit hole internet look into her years ago. Out and out con artist. Thought she had been rumbled and gone back to her real name for secrecy.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Morning mavens. I think the blue kitchen must be some work thing - it would be breaking covid rules to be in another kitchen unless for work (and all showrooms are shut - I’m getting a new kitchen at the mo and it’s a guessing game in terms of what stuff will look like in the flesh!). I know she loves a chaos, but Queen-saluting-Jack wouldn’t knowingly advertise a rule breach.

To those of the canal in England with shiny new covid rules from today, if you can meet loved ones again for the first time in a long while - enjoy! I’m going to see my mum on Friday, I cannot bloody wait
The only thing that makes me think it isn't work is the state of her. Those are slobbing around the house clothes. If it was a work thing her hair would be done and her weeny facetuned face would be made up.

Aaaanyway that's more than enough time devoted to Jack!

My fella is coming over on Thursday after three months apart in different cities. So I might be a bit.....absent 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
Side note - I came across a garden lifestyle website looking for a flat chapati pan and came across a Garden Jack x crockery crossover I was not expecting.
Sophie Conran has a super pricey range of garden tools "specifically designed with the female hand in mind".

ETA: I haven't worked out what about the design/construction is different yet but I find the whole thing quite patronising

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
The only thing that makes me think it isn't work is the state of her. Those are slobbing around the house clothes. If it was a work thing her hair would be done and her weeny facetuned face would be made up.

Aaaanyway that's more than enough time devoted to Jack!

My fella is coming over on Thursday after three months apart in different cities. So I might be a bit.....absent 😂
Tbh we've seen before that she doesn't always dress for the occasion. The face tune looks like she's wearing a mask Hannibal Lecter (sp?) style

I'm seeing my grandparents this week for the first time in 6 months and I'm very excited

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Side note - I came across a garden lifestyle website looking for a flat chapati pan and came across a Garden Jack x crockery crossover I was not expecting.
Sophie Conran has a super pricey range of garden tools "specifically designed with the female hand in mind".
Is that like those pink tool sets you can buy, so you can feel like a pretty laydee doing DIY?

• Haha
Is that like those pink tool sets you can buy, so you can feel like a pretty laydee doing DIY?
Yes, absolutely x

A spade and fork combo is £72! Personally, I found my spade in a magic puddle (that is a LIE, I was given a spade spray painted gold for my 30th birthday Twin Peaks party)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Jack is exactly the sort of person I can see touting 'manifestation'

My ex sister in law is a manifestation/life coach and often harps on about how she manifested her car and house.

The car, she manifested her way down to the car dealership and got finance, wow, the stars aligned, power of positive thinking and all that!

The house, when she split from my bro in law, she took to her bed and refused to look for another house so they could sell up so in the end my in laws bought her a bleeping house and she rents it dirt cheap from them.

This bullshit gives me the rage like nothing else 😡 maybe Jack will evolve from the pov story and embrace the fact she has a massive house full of expensive tat and use the whole manifestation scam to carry on grifting from that? 🤔
It's such bullshit. It's one thing to relfect on what both your capabilites and your limitations are, but all that manifestation nonsense is not just nonsense, I think it hinders people connecting to their surroundings and relationships as it is so self-centered. It completely erases how things relate to each other (e.g. how some people have the privilege of being part of a family with material social and cultural capital) and it does not promote empathy, compassion or solidarity.

Maria Bamford had a joke in one of her shows how some coutries suffered from famines because they hadn't done The Secret, which I thought was hilarious.

• Haha
  • Wow
The house, when she split from my bro in law, she took to her bed and refused to look for another house so they could sell up so in the end my in laws bought her a bleeping house and she rents it dirt cheap from them.
How can anyone resort to such a low and then try and sell it as an example of success? Madness.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Hope Jack can hold off her chaos, I'm about to go down to theatre for my op, so will be out of it for a few hours. Though if she does do a chaos, it will at least give me something to laugh at while I recover.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 131
Hope Jack can hold off her chaos, I'm about to go down to theatre for my op, so will be out of it for a few hours. Though if she does do a chaos, it will at least give me something to laugh at while I recover.
All the best Manc.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Wishing you all the best Manc!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
It's such bullshit. It's one thing to relfect on what both your capabilites and your limitations are, but all that manifestation nonsense is not just nonsense, I think it hinders people connecting to their surroundings and relationships as it is so self-centered. It completely erases how things relate to each other (e.g. how some people have the privilege of being part of a family with material social and cultural capital) and it does not promote empathy, compassion or solidarity.

Maria Bamford had a joke in one of her shows how some coutries suffered from famines because they hadn't done The Secret, which I thought was hilarious.
This is exactly it - a former friend was big on this and seemed to forget that as she let everyone know how much she was working on herself that other people still existed and had needs, problems, views.
In fact she shared a lot of traits with Jack and other influencers but didn’t manage to get a self help type of account off the ground.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.