Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Flibbertigibbet

Chatty Member
I think it's heartwarming that, after an eventful and emotional search to rival the Odyssey, Jack's happy place turned out to be her own arse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
I was overjoyed to see after a whole 59 days she finally removed the wheelchair emoji but the true pièce de resistance is the thirst trap photo. I love it when my cookery writers pose with their arse front and centre like a new recruit to Gymshark who trains glutes five times a week. She needs that tragic lockdown undercut sorted asap as well. It's impossible to give yourself a good undercut - if you're tempted, don't. I already had one pre-lockdown and it's difficult enough to keep it short, I've mostly been wearing hats when I go outside.

Anyway, this turned out about as horrifying as I thought it'd be.

tiny faced thirst trap med arse jack.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 93

colouredlines

VIP Member
My final dive into the archives (can you tell I've had very little to do the last couple of days?).

Context: one of the many reasons why Jack sucks professionally is her failure to establish a consistent brand. Her Twitter handle has changed several times, and her appearance changes drastically between book covers.

Her website has changed, too. She shot to "fame" with agirlcalledjack.com and is now cookingonabootstrap.com and sometimes jackmonroe.com, but that doesn't always work.

But between them, she had a brief period (literally a couple of months) as jackatapinch.com. This was right after she came out as trans, and the heady blend of rinsed beans and gender issues is quite something.

I mean no disrespect to any members of the cabal who have experience of gender dysphoria. It's hard to see this without being reminded of her vegan period. Jack threw herself headfirst into something, positioned herself as an expert voice, then went back on it and now only brings it up when there's money or kudos involved. This seems extremely far from most trans people's experience, and I'm sorry that Jack is still seen by some as a spokesperson for your community.

Jack is profiled by The Times: https://web.archive.org/web/2015111...mation-of-jack-monroe-the-times-november-2015

Here we learn that Jack likes both sharks and Disney princesses, which is unfathomable. How can such a thing be true? As a laydee, I must be surrounded by pink florals at all times, and Jack's edginess scares me. Interestingly, when this article takes place she is both currently taking testosterone and awaiting her first appointment at the gender clinic, which is...odd medical practice.

Bonus points: reference to a chaos in which she broke her foot and couldn't work; retelling of the Poverty; claims that model agencies (plural) told her she had the perfect face but was too short and should lose weight. Would the weight loss make her a foot taller? She also rails against the sexualisation of women, saying that Deliciously Ella and the Hemsley sisters, like other women in the public eye, "look identical" (#BeKind) but that Nigella Lawson does her own thing and is not sexualised at all. Right then.

Jack fights back against a troll letter in the Southend Echo:

I am a twice-published author with a best selling book. I am a campaigner for Oxfam and the Trussell Trust and have raised over £50,000 for Street Child United, the Trussell Trust, the YMCA, Stonewall, The Food Chain and Oxfam through various fundraisers, mostly involving me starving myself for a week for charity, sleeping on a cardboard box on the floor of a car park, or catering large and complex events free of charge. I am an ambassador for Oxfam and a patron of The Food Chain. I am a mother. I am a journalist. I am a campaigner, forcing a debate on food banks in the House of Commons by getting 140,000 signatures on a petition in a matter of days, and travelling to Tanzania to interview female farmers in the rice fields of Morogoro. I have attended the G8 summit, spoken at Conservative Party conference, and Labour, and the Greens, and the Peoples Assembly. I have been on BBC Question Time. I have cooked dinner for Claudia Roden, Mary Portas, Clare Balding, Sue Perkins and dessert for Bill Nighy (but not all at once). I do write a blog, yes, but it is a fraction of what I do.

Shame it's too long for a thread title.

Here she lashes out against people who use Twitter too much. Interestingly, the letter writer has the same name - Peter - as the troll this January who emailed her to tell her how much he hates single mothers at the height of free school meals.

Jack gives up her smartphone: https://web.archive.org/web/2018012...r-a-nokia-3310-and-radically-changed-my-life/

WARNING: This opens with all-caps messages Jack claims to have received. They include a very strong racial slur, as well as other disgusting ableist and sexist language.

Basically the same as her vegan article but with tweets instead of meats.

Jack was poor, if you've forgotten:

She had to choose between heating and eating "almost constantly" in 2012 and 2013. The timeline disagrees.

Jack launches a Kickstarter:

Historic! Book 3 "is nearly written". It would only take two more years to see the light of day...

There are a few other posts feuding with the Daily Mail or offering recipes (slop has no gender), but these were my highlights. I hope you enjoy picking over them like Jack on a pile of ribs at the height of her meat addiction.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 89

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @HBF1991 for the words (I adapted them slightly so as not to be tooooo negative) and @Fruitjack for the nomination 🎉 your joint prize: this. A vegan version can be rustled up, fear not.

Recap of last thread

1. She was fleetingly angry about school lunches again.
  2. She was fleetingly angry about David Walliams again.
  3. Her cat may be thinking some thoughts.
  4. She tagged some ‘genuinely lovely’ Twitter accounts (but briefly forgot smol robots man. Awkward.) He thanked her for the mention.
  5. She never changes.
  6. [*]
    Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Also, try to hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.

[*]

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 87
I hope all goes (or has gone, will continue to go) well @MancBee. Don't forget to show us a picture of you looking radiant with a hospital wristband or IV drip in full view, otherwise how will we know that you were really in hospital?

I can't tell if people are being genuine about saying they would pay money for Slopbot art but it's been brought up before and there is absolutely no chance I would ever ask for or take money from anyone here nor do anything that involves a transfer of physical objects. I make stupid things because I have no real job/life and it entertains me, it costs me nothing except time which I am more than happy to spend.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 86

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Why does she have to say she is ‘so proud’ - like she has to take ownership of all and any of his cooking ventures post their wonderful encounter 🥴

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 85

Malkiavelli

Chatty Member
Here she lashes out against people who use Twitter too much
God!! That whole reply to The Echo, bloody hell what a hissy fit she had - she really can't handle any criticism can she. And so arrogant in her response. Half of the shite that she countered with was outright lies or has been long contradicted by her own actions but the twitter bit was a particular highlight:

"those who take Twitter so very seriously should probably go for a walk or join a book club or take up meditation. There is a whole world out there not limited to the inane 140 character ramblings of the mostly-media-circle. Go on. Read. Fuck. Bake. Log off. Wind down."

- Had to check my glasses and read it a few times until I believed my eyes, but that's Jack Monroe giving someone else the advice to use twitter less. What a nutter.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 81