Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He was the first to reply as well 🤭

View attachment 500379
Of course he was :ROFLMAO:

Her first agent allegedly stole several years of royalties from her first two books. She talks about it here but I strongly recommend Ctrl+F for "agent" because this is, even by Jack standards, unreadably self-pitying:

ETA: I don't like to go into conspiracy theories but it's worth noting that she had already left her first agent (the alleged thief) by the time her second book came out. Could be a contractual thing but always struck me as odd that this person stole her royalties from a book she had published while represented by someone else.
This is the era where I lost sympathy.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I wonder if what she actually meant was they’re not providing hot meals at the moment due to COVID, which I know some places are still doing (and could be actually worthy of a campaign from the FSM angle if she could be arsed).
Not all schools can offer hot lunches, my kids previous primary school didn’t. I remember on her live she was talking about the rules for packed lunches. SB’s first primary school was packed lunches (and she had a nightmare following the packed lunches rules despite the fact that she had helped to create them for the nation), second primary did school dinners which was great but his current primary doesn’t have a kitchen so back to packed lunches, which is fine because she’s found her groove with it.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
My honours degree in English Lit says:
Mine says that I've been an avid reader all my life but I've only ever read one book likely to be reviewed in the Sunday papers since. Very definitely a genre reader.

Reactions: 19
On the subject of children vomiting. It is not impossible for them to vomit if the food disagrees with them. For example anything too spicy or cooked in a lot of fat (chippy for e.g).
Some children have lazy bowel syndrome which is actually quite painful and causes a lot of issues. A lot of children also have health conditions where the stomach capacity is small. Usually the appetite matches that capacity but sometimes if they eat more than usual it can result in a vomit. In my LO's case that is related to a lung condition. But there are other conditions like congenital heart disease where this can happen. If the child also requires a feeding tube, vomits are also highly likely. Reflux plays a big part too. There are procedures to try and correct this and medication like PPIs but they are not always successful. I guess I'm trying to say there are valid reasons for children to vomit but usually because of a pre existing health condition.
In SBs case it could have been food that didn't agree with him, was slightly off or maybe even a 24 hour bug. I hate how Jack implies it was deliberate (a tactical vomit ffs) and then moans about having to look after him for two days. I think this proves how little she actually has him and then resents when she does have to have him 🙁
I don't get how her heart can be so cold when her own child is poorly. It's no picnic to clean up vomit etc but my first instincts are sympathy and care, giving the child what they need asap, making sure they are comfortable and happy. Jack really doesn't present as a loving mother to me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Here goes. The best of 2017 Jack, courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Broken pictures are due to problems with the archive. In any screenshot with multiple tweets, read bottom to top.

What was Jack like four years ago?

She had moved a mere 17 times...
20210326_153908.jpg

...and she was pretending to be hygienic. We all saw that Del Monte chicken recipe! 🤢

20210326_153925.jpg

Her arthritis was really bad - thank goodness that cleared up, eh?

20210326_153949.jpg

Her Coming Out Scandal du jour? Prostitution.

20210326_154028.jpg

This leads thematically to her best #ThatHappened of the time:

20210326_154149.jpg

She still found time for a spot of begging, though.

20210326_154053.jpg

She got drunk and destroyed her favourite bag:

20210326_154122.jpg

Fair enough, she wasn't going to be able to afford a new one any time soon:

20210326_154231.jpg

Oh dear.

20210326_154336.jpg

A bit more begging, you say? Why not?

20210326_154322.jpg

She got sick with an unspecified but disgusting illness.

20210326_154403.jpg

...and she reminisced about her impoverished childhood. Too poor for an instrument, but not for ballet or karate.

20210326_154507.jpg

Some things never change: she was as triggering as ever...

20210326_154423.jpg

...and she couldn't spell.

20210326_154448.jpg

That's our Jack:

20210326_154251.jpg

Any final thoughts, Jack?

20210326_154013.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 96
I wonder if she's this outspoken in real life, and also if the stories from real life she does relay to us are a case of a fitting retort coming to her as she stands in the shower fuming hours later. She strikes me as the type who wouldn't say a thing to your face.

The shin-kicking I mostly believe though, seems her style, but in fairness if you are being assaulted or accosted by someone then anything goes to keep you safe.

Reactions: 29
Here goes. The best of 2017 Jack, courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Broken pictures are due to problems with the archive. In any screenshot with multiple tweets, read bottom to top.

View attachment 500400

...and she was pretending to be hygienic. We all saw that Del Monte chicken recipe! 🤢

View attachment 500401

View attachment 500403

View attachment 500404

View attachment 500406

View attachment 500405

View attachment 500407

View attachment 500408

Oh dear.

View attachment 500410

View attachment 500411

View attachment 500412

...and she reminisced about her impoverished childhood. Too poor for an instrument, but not for ballet or karate.

View attachment 500414

View attachment 500413

View attachment 500415

That's our Jack:

View attachment 500409

View attachment 500402
My God, I had to give up halfway through. The WHINING.

She is beyond tedious, trotting out all the same tit again and again and again.

No discernable personal growth whatsoever.

Please, @Pocahontas, give the people what they want, eye roll reaction, STAT!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Jack is popular all over tattle, not just here,
taken from the who don’t you like thread

Jack Monroe. bleeping poverty drag practitioner, the absolute worst. So irritating I can't even face entering her threads here much. Had a spidey sense she was full. of. shite. from the time she had her Grauniad column where she made stupid suggestions about rinsing the tomato sauce off baked beans instead of buying a 30p can of actual beans, and making claims I've always considered specious about her background. Turns out I was right. I also predicted she was a massive alky because no-one shows up with that hair without a substance abuse issue.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
Wow @colouredlines that's amazing all put together.

'I wrote a book on managing money

BUT ALSO

'my card declined £15 shopping in Co-op'

'i work 40 hours a week'

BUT ALSO

'i work 80 hours a week'

The lies the lies the lies gif

• Heart
Reactions: 66
You can if you’re lucky with flights (and Jack has the benefit of being near Heathrow, Gatwick and Luton which expands the cheap flight possibilities and makes the Eurostar realistic if she was really lucky with prices) and stay outside of Paris proper. I don’t think Jack would be capable of organising it, but if she’d had a competent girlfriend at the time they might have been.
Southend has its own airport! She also has London city, about 5 mins away from We(s)t Ham which is on her overground line, and where a lot of pick pocketing goes on, perfect for Dickensian Jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Tweet.JPG

I'm sure we've seen this before but it made me laugh that her tweet and delete has always been a Thing. As has bullshittery. There's another bit in the case notes where she describes the abuse she might possibly suffer as "serious", and the judge says that the use of the word "serious" was unfounded. (this is from the KH case)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52

View attachment 500400

View attachment 500401

View attachment 500403

View attachment 500404

View attachment 500406

View attachment 500405

View attachment 500407

View attachment 500408

Oh dear.

View attachment 500410

View attachment 500411

View attachment 500412

View attachment 500414

View attachment 500413

View attachment 500415

That's our Jack:

View attachment 500409

View attachment 500402
So non payment of rent is long standing then. So the ccjs from 'the poverty'have dropped off, but if she fails to pay the rent her credit will be rubbish, wondering if brexit tin thief is on the lease or is guarantor, hence being held hostage? 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 29

View attachment 500400

View attachment 500401

View attachment 500403

View attachment 500404

View attachment 500406

View attachment 500405

View attachment 500407

View attachment 500408

Oh dear.

View attachment 500410

View attachment 500411

View attachment 500412

View attachment 500414

View attachment 500413

View attachment 500415

That's our Jack:

View attachment 500409

View attachment 500402
How is it possible she’s actually gotten *better* and yet is still absolutely awful, this is vile and mortifying (thank you for finding!!). The stripper tit? The weird vocab she’s using to describe sex work? Bizarre!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
I've also been wondering with the David Williams books why she did not take that as an opportunity to put books she does think are great for kids in the spot light. You know, in the whole spirit of #bekind.
Oh my goodness you've just joined all the dots in my brain for me! I think this is what really got under my skin whenever Jack got retweeted onto my timeline etc. It was always some huge ranting thread about all the wrongs of something and absolutely no constructive "the work of X is a fantastic alternative" or "I use this instead for X reason". I know we can't all have all the answers to everything that bugs us and sometimes we do just need to vent our issues, but if you're commenting (or piling) on someone's work, at least be constructive. Especially when you're using a professional account.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
View attachment 500431

I'm sure we've seen this before but it made me laugh that her tweet and delete has always been a Thing. As has bullshittery. There's another bit in the case notes where she describes the abuse she might possibly suffer as "serious", and the judge says that the use of the word "serious" was unfounded. (this is from the KH case)
That highlighted bit is the most shady bit of legalese I've ever read, 'seems to have forgotten about it'. They clearly had her number even though she won her case 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I just do not understand how you can go from having no job and having a bunch of money problems, to having a media 'career' (that I know pays well because I have one too) and still having a bunch of money problems. This time with the addition of a Patreon and having lived comfortably for a while with a literal millionaire.

The ONLY thing that makes sense is that she is a compulsive spender/money mismanager. Again, going by a lot of the things that she has that I do not, I would suggest that is true.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Hang on, the "people whining about her patreon here"... Were they, you know, her patrons? Who'd paid for things that I presume had not materialized? I can't remember the context.
Yet can you imagine if it was her paying monthly for absolutely nothing but the rantings of a narcissist on Twitter and promises so empty they've collapsed in on themselves?

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.