Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The person who tweeted the photo can't provide name of the company, even though her 'friend' sent her the pic. Hmmmm.
Jack should be cautious about jumping on this one, especially after it was her misinformation in her big thread that led some of the doubts and backlash RSM got. Especially as the latest update says volunteers provided it, which doesn’t sound to me like it’s a formal scheme from a company.

Reactions: 49
There is something off about that food parcel Tweet. There are 20 odd senior schools in Birkenhead. There is no mention of the school or the food parcel provider. The schools are not on holiday in Birkenhead until Monday, so there is no way to know if there will be an additional parcel with the perishable food that will be delivered when they are actually off school.

Typical knee jerk Jack, assuming the worst, "how is this happening" without first investigating the truth of the situation.

And Jack is off on one again about Boris, she is on a centre right think tank for God sake.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
omg I was about to ask about the reaction! was it a face/neck rash? I have no allergy to anything else, but for a few years in my late 20s sometimes (but weirdly not always) when I drank I got a rash, now my sister who is a similar age is suffering the same! I haven't had it in years, so bizarre
This exact thing happened to my friend when we were maybe 24/25, then almost cleared up as soon as it had arrived. She didn’t drink wine for ages as she was wary of it but now almost 10 years later she doesn’t get a reaction at all. Very strange! She’ll be glad to know it happened to other people though as we all just called her an attention seeker 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
The person who tweeted the photo can't provide name of the company, even though her 'friend' sent her the pic. Hmmmm.

EtA, instead of immediately taking to twitter, why does the Tweeter not help her friend contact the company, school, LA or whoever is responsible for this?
Yes it’s all a bit off. And hilarious that Cacio e pepe Jack is pretending spaghetti hoop korma is something to be sniffed at.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
There is something off about that food parcel Tweet. There are 20 odd senior schools in Birkenhead. There is no mention of the school or the food parcel provider. The schools are not on holiday in Birkenhead until Monday, so there is no way to know if there will be an additional parcel with the perishable food that will be delivered when they are actually off school.

Typical knee jerk Jack, assuming the worst, "how is this happening" without first investigating the truth of the situation.

And Jack is off on one again about Boris, she is on a centre right think tank for God sake.
What even is centre right?

Reactions: 14
I've just realised I completed misunderstood the centre right question. Probability because im actually attending a work webinar. Ignore me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I don’t understand why they involve her? What can she bring? She is so out of touch
It is just laziness on the part of the people running things. She’s the go-to poverty person. Doesn’t matter that she’s got no experience of poverty in the last 10 years, universal credit, housing benefit, free school meals etc. She’s got a house full of JohnLewis tat and might as well be in the Guildford rotary club she’s so suburban Tory.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
You think standing on slugs with bare feet is bad...So, when me and my Mrs N first started dating I was living temporarily at my mums. I only had a single bed so we slept on a fancy blow up downstairs. In the room is French doors into the garden. I had no idea slugs got in there. I had a drink to the side of the bed and in the night picked it up and felt something on the side of the glass, in my half asleep state I thought it was a gummy sweet or something and on realisation I slung whatever I had felt across the room on to the table. It was a massive slug that had climbed up my glass. I was so traumatised.

On topic, Jack really should be getting more grief for this centre right bollocks, I mean come on! Comrade my arse.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I still don't completely get the food parcel during holidays. I mean does it cover all the child's meals or just lunch? When I was a kid there was no such thing we got sandwiches or toasties at lunch with a piece of fruit. I don't know what these people expect I don't mean this Tory I just don't understand what people today want to feed their kids.

Reactions: 18
That article makes it sound like she was nicking packets of cheap wet ham and swallowing the slices whole in the car park to quell her cravings. Ridiculous and offensive. Stopping meat consumption is nothing like trying to overcome an addiction. You won't experience any negative physical or mental consequences from not eating meat. You're not going to be rattling because you haven't eaten a steak in 24 hours. It's fine to admit you do actually want to eat meat, you don't have to say that you feel guilty about it when you don't. What I do mind is hopping on and off the bandwagon when it suits and making vegans out to be in some sort of judgemental 'who can be the mostest veganest' contest. We're just people who like to eat plants innit.

@Orphan_Black have you not tried the Nomo caramel bars?

I don't drink alcohol either, the closest I get is alcohol-free beer and apparently 0.5% alcohol is equivalent to a ripe banana. I stopped when I was 15 which sounds stupidly young but at the time there was already a massive binge drinking culture at that age. My parents both have a problem with alcohol and I don't want to turn into either of them. They will each drink at least a bottle of wine per night then usually end up arguing with each other. They regularly say they're going to stop and then last for a few days before going back to it. I think they see it as Jack presents it, that it's only a problem if you're drinking 200 units a week or having to drink as soon as you wake up to function when as many people here have said, it's a lot more nuanced than that. Sadly there's nothing I can do. They'll likely stop drinking when I stop smoking and Jack actually produces something that looks edible.

ETA: I somehow misspelt 'whole' I swear I know how to spell.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
"In my 2012 iteration as a single mother"

WTF what on earth does she think iteration means?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.