Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The supermarkets that do the sad meal deals for couples who have given up* will often include Charlie Bingham meals, which works out an OK price if they include wine. They're quite nice. Of course, with her £20 a week budget, JM must be stretching that meal across several days.

*Including myself and Mx Krabs in that category
or singles who are now eating two portions I would say :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
OT I don’t know anything about John Wyndham, but I have been to the Wyndham Theatre...that makes me both an author AND a playwright, no?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
From my “to-read” stack.
9A2E49D4-742B-4DC0-B309-677C02E9C2D5.jpeg

On topic, how long until Jack next deactivates Twitter for the good of everyone’s mental health again?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Surely some of the squiggles will feel puzzled as to why Jack hasn’t retweeted MR’s good news about his book today, given how close they are??

• Haha
Reactions: 47
20210324_171010.jpg

Imagine if someone served you this at a dinner party? I would simply have to get my partner to ring me with a fake emergency.

Dry looking squid ink pasta/noodles, chewy lemon, tinned sardines and tomato puree? Nah x

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 122
View attachment 497486
Imagine if someone served you this at a dinner party? I would simply have to get my partner to ring me with a fake emergency.

Dry looking squid ink pasta/noodles, chewy lemon, tinned sardines and tomato puree? Nah x
That looks a bit like my drawer with charging cables...

Also: what dumbass food writer would admit they don't use their coolinairy muscles often. Make it make sense!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 70
That looks a bit like my drawer with charging cables...

Also: what dumbass food writer would admit they don't use their coolinairy muscles often. Make it make sense!!!
it reminds me of something I might have made with those plastic food toys you have as a child. wtaf?!

View attachment 497486

nothing about this makes sense.... lots of good ingredients...but SUCH a gross result... so are you supposed to eat the lemon skin?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
I know ink noodles are a thing, but, that seriously looks like those worms you get in the ocean. Like honestly, that image has gone gif in my mind and those noodles be squirming :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Squid ink was once described to me by a
cephalopod expert as “tactical escape jizz” and I’ve never looked at black pasta the same way since

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
View attachment 497486

Wtaf? Imagine her serving that pot of horrors up to John and Greg on MasterChef 😂😂😂. Can you imagine their responses

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Why is it so dryyyyyy 😭 It's barely recognisable as food. If I were attending her dinner party I'd fortunately get the vegan option, which is knackered lemon slices and reconstituted tomato purée over charcoal jackfruit with some undercooked Linda's meatballs slung on top 👩‍🍳💋

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
I'm low key obsessed by this dish. Why is it served in a big, dirty pot too? That pot looks dry AF, the worm noodles couldn't have been boiled up in it, so why dump them in the crappy pot, then dump the rest in on top?!

WHY, JACK, WHHHHHYYY?????

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Can you imagine opening a couple of tins of sardines for 'friends' when you have a freezer full of quality fish. She could treat them to an abundant fritto misto perhaps?
image.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Wtaf? Imagine her serving that pot of horrors up to John and Greg on MasterChef 😂😂😂. Can you imagine their responses
I think I would love her to be invited onto a set of "celebrity" masterchef/bake off

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.