Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have finally grunked up to the start of this thread!

Probably well past it but the screenshot shared about her minor heart attacks talks about saying no to work and sleeping and resting. Yet another inconsistency with the 'poor' narrative... many people (myself included until very recently) don't have the luxury to take time off work to rest, even if that sounds counterintuitive

• Sad
Reactions: 42
I do hate to be a ...Chard Truther...but it's not a perennial so it only lasts a couple of years. So having it for ten years is odd.

I'm in the office today so will amuse myself with a rummage around in the Jack court stuff. Always a nice reminder of just how close she came to having the whole case go totally the other way... 😂
I LOVE that we have a Chard Truther in the cable. Out here getting those lies like it's whack-a-mole.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Her first agent allegedly stole several years of royalties from her first two books. She talks about it here but I strongly recommend Ctrl+F for "agent" because this is, even by Jack standards, unreadably self-pitying:

ETA: I don't like to go into conspiracy theories but it's worth noting that she had already left her first agent (the alleged thief) by the time her second book came out. Could be a contractual thing but always struck me as odd that this person stole her royalties from a book she had published while represented by someone else.
Dear God I’ve never read that before, it’s a whole “Play for Today “. Younger tattlers will have to google that.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
The missing/stolen money tweets are on the wayback machine, if anyone wants to read them. They're also on here somewhere but I can't be arsed searching for them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Dear God I’ve never read that before, it’s a whole “Play for Today “. Younger tattlers will have to google that.
My bf introduced me to that with the one set in Greenock (Just a Boy's Game). I felt bad for a few days aftr watching that.

Reactions: 12
My bf introduced me to that with the one set in Greenock (Just a Boy's Game). I felt bad for a few days aftr watching that.
They were brilliant drama and made a lot of people think. I think Cathy Come Home was from them. Still relevant and worth a watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Interesting that the first receipt from 2018 said she didn’t receive any royalties after 2015 - that could suggest the contract didn’t pay ongoing royalties, in fact she might have just entered into a tit contract/ one that paid a lot up front but naff all into the future.
Also, she didn’t realise at first that she was due any money until she looked into it, so what about the other money she earned from appearances, tv, Sainsburys partnerships, writing books 2, 3 etc is she trying to suggest that’s all just pocket money that wouldn’t be enough to live on, except it was enough until she became aware she was underpaid?
Sounds like bollocks.
Bib surprised this hasn’t been a thread title

• Haha
Reactions: 36
No 🤣

I treated a mate of mine to a weekend in Paris because she had a really really crappy year about 7 years ago. I think it cost about 600-700 and that was as cheap as I could get it without it being depressing.
You can if you’re lucky with flights (and Jack has the benefit of being near Heathrow, Gatwick and Luton which expands the cheap flight possibilities and makes the Eurostar realistic if she was really lucky with prices) and stay outside of Paris proper. I don’t think Jack would be capable of organising it, but if she’d had a competent girlfriend at the time they might have been.

• Haha
Weird to me, someone that’s had two 8-year-olds. When was this from, because in one of her lives last week she said his primary doesn’t have a kitchen?

edit: 2019. So unless he’s moved schools since then she said he has packed lunches, as school has no kitchen to provide hot meals. Weird.
I wonder if what she actually meant was they’re not providing hot meals at the moment due to COVID, which I know some places are still doing (and could be actually worthy of a campaign from the FSM angle if she could be arsed).

Lol she had to do this twice because she forgot her great friend the robot man in her first draft. Poor little robot guy.

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 14.25.22.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 14.25.30.png

• Haha
Reactions: 53
You can if you’re lucky with flights (and Jack has the benefit of being near Heathrow, Gatwick and Luton which expands the cheap flight possibilities and makes the Eurostar realistic if she was really lucky with prices) and stay outside of Paris proper. I don’t think Jack would be capable of organising it, but if she’d had a competent girlfriend at the time they might have been.
Oh yeah if we had stayed outside of Paris for sure. Most of the cost was accommodation.

Also from the archive...read bottom to top:

20210326_152709.jpg

Is kicking someone in the shins has literally saved my life too long for a thread title?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.