Jack Monroe #165 She’s in a fugue state

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now I don't expect Jack to suddenly turn into Pollyanna - but on the eve of her birthday could she not just reflect on how lucky she is in many ways? Healthy child, two living parents, nice house, bizarrely lucrative career, good relationship with her son's dad?
It's just moan moan crisps moan crisps moan my life is so tit.
No acknowledgement at all how lucky she is to have SB.
And could she approach her work commitment later any more grudgingly if she tried? Maybe relations between her and Mel Donte have soured so she feels free to be rude. Scales must be falling from their eyes rapidly.
And btw I resemble the remark I'm a 'faceless bully'. Any fule no I'm a lovely black and white cat 🐱

(Ooh it's after 12. Happy birthday smol scampering fizzing lioness 🎉🎆🎂)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 95
they are not roast potatoes and space raiders have been 20p for about 15 years *sigh*

god, it's gonna get to the point when she'll start tweeting about choppers and the clangers, isn't it?!

you grew up in the 90s! where's the choc dips and push pops discourse?!
I really do forget she’s only 4 years older than me. Aah choc dips and push pops those where the days when you could get absolutely off your nut on sugar and E numbers for about 80p.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Now I don't expect Jack to suddenly turn into Pollyanna - but on the eve of her birthday could she not just reflect on how lucky she is in many ways? Healthy child, two living parents, nice house, bizarrely lucrative career, good relationship with her son's dad?
It's just moan moan crisps moan crisps moan my life is so tit.
No acknowledgement at all how lucky she is to have SB.
And could she approach her work commitment later any more grudgingly if she tried? Maybe relations between her and Mel Donte have soured so she feels free to be rude. Scales must be falling from their eyes rapidly.
And btw I resemble the remark I'm a 'faceless bully'. Any fule no I'm a lovely black and white cat 🐱

(Ooh it's after 12. Happy birthday smol scampering fizzing lioness 🎉🎆🎂)
Couldn't agree more. I'm no sally sunshine type, but, even I'm grateful to be seeing my birthday rolling around soon. What did I do when I was 35? Nothing :ROFLMAO: but I survived!

Jack is a brat and can't see how fortunate she is!

• Heart
Reactions: 43
As long as tomorrow @SweetTransvestite once again bursts into the thread, all dressed up and ready to party, all will not be lost. 🍇🍉🍍🍒
Have no fear! I shall be defiantly patching together my fruity crown with whatever shite comes to hand.

Okay, it's not looking as fresh but there's a few tins lurking at the back of the cupboard... (some even have labels on)
...Lads, it's gonna be glorious.

I just had a proper giggle to myself imagining you still in your fruit hat. 😂😂
Sat here in my vest and pants, still wearing it. The bananas have gone brown, the grapes have shrivelled and the bleeping pineapple has inverted itself so it's now the wrong way up.
Party blower still clutched in fist and I never even tooted it.
-I suppose I should take the bunting and balloons down too.

Oh well, I suppose it's somebody's birthday, somewhere.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
Thanks Poca for the wonderful catch up. I tend to get about halfway through threads and then move on to the next.
I want to address her Autism and ADHD tweets.
My child has both. They remain unmedicated for the minute.
If she takes medication, then her adhd should calm to the point where she can concentrate and be organised surely?
Perhaps someone with a medicated child/ themselves could clarify?
It annoys me she goes for the "classic" symptoms of both and uses them as reasons why she is tit at her job.
My child works damn hard to try to make sure they always do their best at school work and has many techniques to work with both so it causes the least effect.
Long-time lurker, recently diagnosed with ADHD as a full grown human.

The difference between my life pre-medication and post-medication is monumental. Meds don’t remove all ADHD symptoms, but they allow you to effectively manage yourself and your life. And I do this! I’m so happy to be able to do this! After decades of being chaotic and confused and completely wound up I now have a say in how I live my life. Some days are harder than others, but I use the good days to make systems to help me on the bad days, and get my important tit done.

The fact that Jack behaves the way she does makes me think of a few things.

First is that her meds categorically don’t work. This happens, and if it does then you talk to your psych and try something else! You don’t just keep taking medication (that carries risks) if you’re getting none of the benefits.

Second is that if she’s not taking meds then why lie about it? There’s no shame in it. Loads of people with ADHD don’t take medication.

Third is that she’s using her diagnosis as an excuse to be a twit. Sometimes it feels as if she keeps a cheat sheet on hand to refer to when she wants to play up her diagnosis for optics. She could use her platform for good - to share how she, as a self-employed person, manages her ADHD symptoms on a daily basis. What she actually does is some weird ADHD pantomime that enforces stereotypes. She seems to revel in the chaos and negative aspects of the disorder.

Now that I have my diagnosis and an effective treatment, I cannot fathom why a grown woman with a child, and a livelihood that is entirely dependent on her ability to manage her ADHD, would deliberately choose the chaos.

• Heart
Reactions: 90
more "prep session" evidence. This is a reply to her from someone involved in that ted x nhs thing.

IMG_20210317_003815.png

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
more "prep session" evidence. This is a reply to her from someone involved in that ted x nhs thing.

View attachment 485897
So this is a group of people with ‘similar’ experiences doing a video call. Have seen the NHS hashtag on this. I hope it is actually worthwhile NHS work and not them being paid to have a virtue wank for a couple of hours.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
So this is a group of people with ‘similar’ experiences doing a video call. Have seen the NHS hashtag on this. I hope it is actually worthwhile NHS work and not them being paid to have a virtue wank for a couple of hours.
It does look that way. So unprofessional to sack off an already scheduled job for that. I'm sure their little chat could've been done today instead.

Reactions: 39
I think people already know about this?
I used to really love Grace Dent, back in the early big brother days she wrote a brilliant bb column.
She always struck me as a solid type of person.
I'm not sure if she is now part of the sali Hughes, India Knight, caitlyn moran coven, I think she might be. Be interested to see what she's like now and to see how this pans out. If the show does indeed go on.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 15
OK... I have questions, apologies if they're in the wiki, just being lazy. I have given so much time to grunking, I want to see if u can get away with asking here as I'm BUSY Cable mate.
1. What is the deal between jack and Nigella? Have they worked together or has Jack earmarked her for a sugar momma?
2. What or who was the trip to Edinburgh for?
3. What is the deal re the photos of lone gloves/ birds?

I should rephrase my questions a la partridge: "what's the burning issue?"
Or...
More fitting for St Patrick's day 'what's da big oidea?'

Gosh, look at Graham Linehan back then. Real life proof of that 'if a person has ugly thoughts it begins to show on the face' bit of The Twits.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I think people already know about this?
I used to really love Grace Dent, back in the early big brother days she wrote a brilliant bb column.
She always struck me as a solid type of person.
I'm not sure if she is now part of the sali Hughes, India Knight, caitlyn moran coven, I think she might be. Be interested to see what she's like now and to see how this pans out. If the show does indeed go on.
That is interesting. Grace Dent used to be on the fringes of the Sali Hughes twitter 'coven' - but I don't think she has had anything to do with them for a while. Saw sense.
Wasn't this the thing Jack was talking about on Steve Wright? Isn't it such a bad reflection on her professionalism that nobody would be remotely surprised if she was unavailable :unsure: and probably at short notice.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Thanks for response, Jelly Bean. I've just tried that now on last thread and gave up after 4th page. Do people really scroll through hundreds of posts to find most liked new thread titles?! There has got to be a better way , or am I missing something? I guess this is a job I'll never be doing.....
I do. I think you can search thread title but that’s as much as a faff. I started off doing the thread and on my last go I was up to adding clicks links like Poca! It still terrifies me.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
1615953637239.png

Sighs

This is not how dissociation works, you do not compose several well thought out posts in a dissociative state and then not remember.

It has echos of the Roseanne Barr tweets when she blamed the ambien.

I forsee a time in the futire when she tweets something extremely stupid and then blames it on dissociation.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
That is interesting. Grace Dent used to be on the fringes of the Sali Hughes twitter 'coven' - but I don't think she has had anything to do with them for a while. Saw sense.
Wasn't this the thing Jack was talking about on Steve Wright? Isn't it such a bad reflection on her professionalism that nobody would be remotely surprised if she was unavailable :unsure: and probably at short notice.
Grace and the others had a falling out at a restaurant over a guy I think? But yeah, lucky escape for Grace I reckon.
Finally grunted up to date, thanks insomnia! I’m not watching her live thing tonight. Even though I’ve got canned questions about burning fruit. Was wondering when she was going to start claiming DID, it’s v popular on reddit (which I’d have guessed she would socky sock puppet on its v teenage. I guess maybe she has just gone for the “the accused” cosplay of shaving your head to signify mental anguish/sexual abuse /wants to be unattractive
Happy Birthday to Jack, the only “Irish” person I’ve ever known to say they are going to be 33 - and then stop.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
View attachment 485979

Sighs

This is not how dissociation works, you do not compose several well thought out posts in a dissociative state and then not remember.

It has echos of the Roseanne Barr tweets when she blamed the ambien.

I forsee a time in the futire when she tweets something extremely stupid and then blames it on dissociation.
I bet even her family, say brother or parents who have listened to this nonsense for a lifetime, I bet even they are reading fugue state and dissociation and thinking "bloody hell that's a new one!.... She's really outdone herself there.....oh bugger, expect to hear it a lot..."

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.