Jack Monroe #165 She’s in a fugue state

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Devastated at the suggestion the Del Monte live is only going to be about 10 minutes long! How on earth is she going to make chicken plus answer all the probing tinned fruit questions in that time, when she could barely complete a potato salad on the Hellmann's live when she had a full hour?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
42 on Sunday 🙃. She can get to absolute duck calling 33 middle-aged.
Plonker.
I think you mean plonkerbot dearheart.

39 was tit.

40 is turning out to be even more tit.

Last night was going to be a highlight of the decade.

She ruined that.

Like I said. Never forgotten.

Did I mention have a happy birthday Jack? 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Happy birthday Jack! I hope u got some sleep, please enjoy your day then take a few hours to prep for 6pm.

Reactions: 20
Last night's tweets might also have solved the mystery of Jack's non-existent 'campaigning', I'm sure this is a very effective form of protest 🙄

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 08.41.16.png

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Tired: If I postpone my 'broadcast' with only a couple of hours notice (for REASONS), I can't be held responsible for the embarrassingly low viewing figures tomorrow.

Wired: If I keep telling people it's my birthday, maybe MORE people will show up to celebrate MEEEEE.

Inspired: If people don't show up to my live, I get to sadfish on twitter all night???

• Haha
Reactions: 57
2A687D25-66F6-487A-AE29-31ABE065E455.jpeg

FFS Jack just be grateful for once will you?! Especially when you think of the heartache Sarah Everard’s family are going through right now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Wonder if she actually went to be last night (gap between tweeting seems to be between 11.29pm and 4.19am) orrrrr if she pulled and all-night pity party. Either way, today's going to be a wild ride.

Reactions: 31
Wonder if she actually went to be last night (gap between tweeting seems to be between 11.29pm and 4.19am) orrrrr if she pulled and all-night pity party. Either way, today's going to be a wild ride.
i hope she shares all the wonderful, expensive gifts she's showered with today! Historically Jack has a pretty amazing track record with receiving gifts from her many many friends...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Still no sign of her retweeting her birthday tweet- scampering for more affirmation.

Devastated at the suggestion the Del Monte live is only going to be about 10 minutes long! How on earth is she going to make chicken plus answer all the probing tinned fruit questions in that time, when she could barely complete a potato salad on the Hellmann's live when she had a full hour?
Channelling Samson??
She has no strength to do longer, since the buzz cut 🥸

• Haha
Reactions: 18
some more sweet, sweet blue tick attention from this morning, mom's was in reply to the SB microwave nonsense

20210317_090209.jpg

20210317_090145.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Oh Nigella

I like to think you want to see the good in people so you threw out some hearts on her birthday because of the pandering.

But encouraging this is not good.

Reactions: 45
I keep forgetting she's only a couple years older than me. Push pops were lush (yet sticky) and the final bit was so sharp and jaggy on the tongue.

Hopefully her wee boy doesn't see her posts about everything being tit. My mum was quite depressed when I was in my early teens but my sister and I never knew until we were much older. However I definitely knew my way round the internet at 11 and that was early 00s so I'm guessing her wee boy would easily find her musings nowadays.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She only has to give 9 minutes?! It’s not like it’s live bloody TV. Also the tweet saying about the “contractually obliged 9 minutes” was pure snark and I really wish companies would pull her up on how unprofessional she is.

Also, am 33 🔺 and definitely not middle aged. I hope.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Sunday School Teacher Jack must be beside herself, its her Jesus year!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Anybody else got ‘Unhappy Birthday’ by The Smiths as an ear worm this morning...? 😬
YES. Hahahaha. I was also thinking of 'Happy Birthday to Me' by Bright Eyes, which has the most Jack Monroe lyrics ever, rhyming THIS WASTED YEAR with DEVOTED FRIENDS DISAPPEAR. It was a bit too emo for me even when I was a teenage emo!

Something more cheerful for you, Jack. It even features trains, site of a thousand chaoses.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I like a chip butty. I like roast potatoes. I like a French dip sarnie (was that an attempt)? How did she take three wonderful ideas and make it so sad?
Genius. Sheer maverick genius.

She really does have talent towards turning edible things into non edible things. I'll give her that one cos it's her birthday 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
YES. Hahahaha. I was also thinking of 'Happy Birthday to Me' by Bright Eyes, which has the most Jack Monroe lyrics ever, rhyming THIS WASTED YEAR with DEVOTED FRIENDS DISAPPEAR. It was a bit too emo for me even when I was a teenage emo!
Lmaooooo on my 15th birthday I took a black and white selfie (on a camera, there were no smart phones back then) of me looking miserable in a party hat and posted it to my Deviantart with the lyrics to that song :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: - I think I hit peak emo that day, there was no topping it.

(In my defence, Conor Oberst and I share the same birthday 🔺)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.