Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have many feelings about today's revelation but I don't want to comment on someone's alleged abuse. However, wouldn't burning hair smell terrible?

It's all a bit Dickensian Orphan meets Take a Break Tips

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I know she has just bared her soul but a book plug is beyond tasteless. She may want to change the subject but what's wrong with a light hearted, what's good on Netflix these days, what books are good light hearted reads. Not an ad for her own book

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
That happened where I am, a group of people beat up a paedophile to the point he was in hospital for a year before passing away. Except he wasn’t a paedophile, they got it completely wrong.

Not getting a fair trial is something that allows accused people to walk away Scot free, that’s why a lot of police forces have spoken out about the paedophile hunter groups - if they confront someone, film it and upload it on SM, will that person get the fair trial they’re entitled to? The same could happen here.

I have shared this here before but I was abused as a child between the ages of 11 and 14. I didn’t tell a soul at the time because the abuser said I would make my dad ill again if I spoke up and because he’d ground me down with other types of abuse, I believed him. Years later my drinking was at its worst because I was trying to push this awful experience down with drink but it would come up again...I had a young niece so I went to the Police as the thought of it happening to her outweighed my concerns about not being believed.

I was believed but thankfully he hadn’t abused his daughter and nobody else had come forward so it was my word against his. No justice, no day in Court but I had no choice but to deal with it. Of course Jack doesn’t have to go to the Police but her outpouring of support on Twitter must surely help her see she is believed. She won’t deal with the same Officers and who knows, there are maybe others and they’re building a case. But people tagging the Police and her giving clues to where this guy lives isn’t the right way to go about it imo.

I hope there’s a special place in hell for child abusers because it’s blighted my life and the lives of so many wonder people on this thread. Sending you all lots of love x
Lenny, you were courageous to go to the police. I hope life is now much better for you 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I know she has just bared her soul but a book plug is beyond tasteless. She may want to change the subject but what's wrong with a light hearted, what's good on Netflix these days, what books are good light hearted reads. Not an ad for her own book
Taking advantage now all the attention is on her. Perfect time to market her book. It would give Viz Top Tips a run for its money - tassels out of human hair!!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I also love the fact that the media listen to her and keep her out if the press at times like these if only they were has kind to other celebs like Britney. She only has to fart wrong and they hound her.

Reactions: 17
This is my concern. Also, every male teacher at the school at the time could be accused. I think the school need to respond.

She's been specific enough that it can only be one teacher.

The school from the time absolutely cannot respond, and neither can any current employer (who would have to suspend him). If this has the effect that other people make disclosures, they would be investigated, however. Once any criminal investigation is concluded, once any TRA case is concluded, then the schools would be in a position to make a statement if he is found guilty.

But I do fear she has fucked it by posting it all online.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
I don't mean to single you out, as someone up-thread said this too, but this is a very damaging thing to say to or about a survivor of SA. It implies the onus is on them to report to prevent the abuser from doing it to someone else, which is false. The onus is on the abuser to not abuse people. Whether someone reports or not is entirely up to them, and the guilt of not reporting (and often the guilt of reporting) will weigh very heavily on some already laden shoulders.
I agree, and maybe I phrased it incorrectly for which I apologise. The victim is totally innocent.

The historic sa cases I worked on the unifying thread was that even though years had passed the victims came forward to stop it happening to other people. And yes it is on the abuser to stop and they should, but many won't.

Anyway, I think it's time I left here, oh has just found out that one of the lads he was friends with at school is Sarah's father. Like I said before, York is a very small place

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
This was surely her perfect time to deploy Cooper and ask for animal pics. But no, book plug. I’m sure using the hair extract deliberately too.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
The compassion and empathy from you bunch of mithering ninnies today is helping restore my faith in humanity. You really are all lovely.

Now duck off xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
couldn't this be seen as a self harm tactic, I remember reading a story about alittle girl actress whos dad abused her and she started pulling her hair and eyelashes out. Apologies for saying it but it did pop into my mind for a spilt second when I saw it.
This was surely her perfect time to deploy Cooper and ask for animal pics. But no, book plug. I’m sure using the hair extract deliberately too.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
She's been specific enough that it can only be one teacher.

The school from the time absolutely cannot respond, and neither can any current employer (who would have to suspend him). If this has the effect that other people make disclosures, they would be investigated, however. Once any criminal investigation is concluded, once any TRA case is concluded, then the schools would be in a position to make a statement if he is found guilty.

But I do fear she has fucked it by posting it all online.
Gosh yes, sorry. I dont know where my logic is today.

Reactions: 17
You wouldn't even need to be a local to triangulate this guy. My old primary school has a public Facebook page where we share memories and post class photos etc and most schools have similar pages. Some crazy fucker who fancies himself a pedalo hunter could do... well, who knows what. Even if this guy is the scum of the earth, he needs to be brought to justice properly, not by 'X hunters UK' or whatever group gets whipped into a frenzy.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
I’m on a grunk so I’m not sure where this will land - most of us have experiences of something not nice in our lives - what has happened in the last week has resonated with a lot of people for a lot of reasons - now is not the time to insert this confession and Twitter is not the place to make it - I do believe that Jack has suffered traumas or has perceived events as personal traumas and that would explain a lot of her behaviour but in a boy that cried wolf fashion people will doubt her due to all of her previous inconsistencies and deletions - I hope this post hasn’t offended anyone just my opinion lots of love to all the cable ❤🥰❤

• Heart
Reactions: 35
This might be an unpopular opinion but I don't think it matters what the truth is (although FWIW if it's not she's just brought a world of hurt down on herself and it seems to check out) the fact that she's posted this now is absolutely unforgivable.

She is sick. Absolutely sick. This is rocking up to Grenfell times a million. Someone needs to take her login off her.

• Sad
Reactions: 50
This is so far beyond anything I could have imagined she would come out with, I'm at a total loss for words. The ones I do have I feel like I have to choose very carefully because there's a definite risk it's going to fortify her bullying and harassment claims. She has been responsible for causing a lot of cabal members real pain today and that upsets me. We're not a faceless mass of horrible gaslighters, we're real people. As someone else said, this would have been better as an article prefaced by specific trigger warnings that people could choose whether to read it or not, the same as with her scalpel theft story where she threw in a casual mention of self-harm. There's also an article on her blog that mentions a detailed description of a suicide attempt with just a generic 'trigger warning' at the top. Whether the content of what she says is true or not, she needs to understand that carelessly writing about emotionally charged issues like this has the capacity to harm other people.

And stop using 'granular', you tit. You mean 'miniscule' or 'minute'
Firstly, huge love and hugs to all who need them today ❤
I was just reading this post and feeling so thankful that we have such a supportive cabal, but it’s also just occurred to me that there will be loads of people out there who may have read that thread and been triggered but don’t have a space like this to turn to, and don’t have anyone to talk this through with. I can’t help but feel that splurging this out on Twitter with no TW or heads up is incredibly irresponsible, and quite unfair to those who followed her for recipes and are faced with this on a Saturday morning. I really hope that doesn’t sound insensitive, it’s just the lack of consideration of the ripple effect.
More hugs ninnies, this is a heavy day xx

• Heart
Reactions: 44
She’s finally blocked me anyway, I suspect because I liked someone’s tweet last week.
she’s done it before though! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Firstly, huge love and hugs to all who need them today ❤
I was just reading this post and feeling so thankful that we have such a supportive cabal, but it’s also just occurred to me that there will be loads of people out there who may have read that thread and been triggered but don’t have a space like this to turn to, and don’t have anyone to talk this through with. I can’t help but feel that splurging this out on Twitter with no TW or heads up is incredibly irresponsible, and quite unfair to those who followed her for recipes and are faced with this on a Saturday morning. I really hope that doesn’t sound insensitive, it’s just the lack of consideration of the ripple effect.
More hugs ninnies, this is a heavy day xx
I understand that - she dumps all this first thing in the morning with no warnings at all. Says she will be off for the rest of the day healing herself and looking after her son - then spends the rest of the day on twitter ending with a plug for her utterly revolting book and a 😂.
It's like people invested have the rug completely pulled out from under their feet.

• Angry
Reactions: 41
Gosh, I'm not sure what to say. I feel I should be here with you all but don’t really want to disclose anything. This week has felt exhausting and demoralising. The clamour of traumatic stories from the known and unknown is just too much! I hate the dumping of all this anguish on social media (and I'm not really active anywhere but it all seeps through). It may feel purgative at the time but then what? The biggest fish will get the most attention and that feels so wrong. Wrong time, wrong place, wrong focus. This is (literally) an event now instead of a time for private grief. I’m actually angry which seems rather ghastly of me. Maybe I’m jealous that I can’t offload like that?

ETA
I would take a story like Jack’s at face value. It needs to be investigated to prove veracity but you shouldn’t try someone on Twitter and this man (and presumably his family) can be identified.

Love to all you ninnies. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.