Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this isn’t the most important thing, but I wonder if this explains her Twitter addiction. Maybe the person she’s discussed doesn’t use the internet much, and if that’s the case, she feels “safe” on Twitter? Sorry, I feel weird for speculating about such a small detail, but I can kind of understand now why she spends so much time on Twitter if it feels like “her space”, away from this person.

Reactions: 25
Presumably this man is highly 🔺 to people of Southend by now? Is this a risky strategy?
Yes I would imagine so. There was only one male teacher in my daughter’s infant/junior school ( not the school Jack attended). So I suspect those who went to school with Jack will know who she is referring to. It’s a police matter. Not a twitter story.

• Sad
Reactions: 35
I am sending my love to everyone on here today. So many survivors and brave people, have had to relive a horrible experience in such a way that I don't even know how to describe.

I am sorry that what has brought you to this forum has had to trigger horrible memories and experiences. Most people on here have expressed so much compassion and empathy, it is beautiful, and feels like a very safe, if strange way to feel companionship and trust. Anyway glad to be here.

Thanks to all for being objective, clever, kind and bleeping hilarious. May she long continue to make slop, facetune and tell us more tales of her genius.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I'm sure this must be cathartic for Jack but she is opening cans of worms I don't think she can predict or understand the ramifications.
This is exactly what I've been thinking all day, but a better summary than I could have imagined.

She's started something, and I'm not sure anyone knows where it is going, where it'll end. She's clearly very fragile at the moment, and has been for most of the last year. Putting something like this out there for 337k people to see is to me reckless. There are so many other people involved - her son, his dad, her siblings, parents. I presume she didn't discuss with them what she was going to write.

This has left me uncomfortable all day, seeing that thread be added to. I hope for her sake she does have 3 therapists on speed dial and is talking to one of them right now.

It's a total can of worms. It's been opened. It cannot be closed now.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
I feel slightly weird focusing on this after all that's gone on today, but saving hair to make tassles and firelighters?!
Really hope this book goes straight to the bottom of the bargain bin where it belongs - using hair for anything is not only unhygienic and gross, but potentially dangerous too. Yuck!

• Sick
Reactions: 30
This is exactly what I've been thinking all day, but a better summary than I could have imagined.

She's started something, and I'm not sure anyone knows where it is going, where it'll end. She's clearly very fragile at the moment, and has been for most of the last year. Putting something like this out there for 337k people to see is to me reckless. There are so many other people involved - her son, his dad, her siblings, parents. I presume she didn't discuss with them what she was going to write.

This has left me uncomfortable all day, seeing that thread be added to. I hope for her sake she does have 3 therapists on speed dial and is talking to one of them right now.

It's a total can of worms. It's been opened. It cannot be closed now.
Yes and all her tweets about how it is her story and now she can control the narrative.
Sadly I don't think that will be the case.
I don't think she can give her story, involving identifiable people, and then say 'I don' t want to talk about it any more'.

Reactions: 29
The book should be name the hoarders Bible of shite.

Honestly though bleeping hair. It sounds animalistic.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Hopefully, she hasn't just provided a serial abuser with a way to escape conviction for any other abuses as they could argue that her thread removed any chance of a fair trial, seeing as a male primary teacher who lives in that area is very easily identified. Or given one a way to sue and further humiliate her.

Or, as has just been mentioned, expose somebody to vigilante attacks.

• Sad
Reactions: 45
For years I worked in supported housing for adults and unfortunately see how prolific this is in everyday life for vulnerable people. Saying that, the amount of our cable on here disclosing their experiences has knocked me sideways today. I feel lost for words. I also value this community more than I ever have.

Lets stick together.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I don't mean to single you out, as someone up-thread said this too, but this is a very damaging thing to say to or about a survivor of SA. It implies the onus is on them to report to prevent the abuser from doing it to someone else, which is false. The onus is on the abuser to not abuse people. Whether someone reports or not is entirely up to them, and the guilt of not reporting (and often the guilt of reporting) will weigh very heavily on some already laden shoulders.
Apologies I think it was probably my post you were referring to I hadn’t thought of it the way you explained it. However surely the police now have a duty to investigate, so in part she has set the wheels in motion. Anyway I do apologise for reading it incorrectly.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Hopefully, she hasn't just provided a serial abuser with a way to escape conviction for any other abuses as they could argue that her thread removed any chance of a fair trial, seeing as a male primary teacher who lives in that area is very easily identified. Or given one a way to sue and further humiliate her.

Or, as has just been mentioned, expose somebody to vigilante attacks.
This is my concern. Also, every male teacher at the school at the time could be accused. I think the school need to respond.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.