Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also once again - something terrible has happened to someone else and it’s all got to be about her

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Has she ever actually acknowledged or named poor Sarah Everard?
From the 'kettle on' it has all been about Jack.

• Sad
Reactions: 73
I hope she gets help, but also, I hope she is more careful with giving away her location and personal details on Twitter because of all the triangulation :eek: It might explain a few things but Twitter is not the place. Get help Jack.

I'm not victim blaming but cautious that we know what she's up to and her general location because she overshares, would you do that so prolifically when you have endured a stalker? :eek: I don't understand.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Put a bleeping trigger warning ffs! Why does she never do this?! I don’t know what to think to be honest. Has she said she’s sorry for the murder of Sarah or has she gone head first into a mememe fest? I think I believe her (because I can’t bear to think she’s made something like that up) BUT because of how she is it just looks like she’s bandwagoning and trying to monetise someone else’s tragedy (she’s got form, after all) Just get help Jack, for your son, for your family, FOR YOURSELF! Stop using Twitter as therapy and get proper help, this tit needs to stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
I am reluctant to write this as it sounds like I'm trying to outdo Jack with bad experiences, but it is true and relevant so here goes.
Trigger warning stalking.

When I was in my 20's I had a male stalker. It was a married man who worked in an office the far end of the building from my office. He became obsessed, even though he knew I livdc with my partner. He sat in his car outside my flat late into the evening. He would arrive outside my home first thing in the morning. When I went to the toilet in work, he would follow me in. He would follow me at lunchtime. There were other things, but they were too personal to go into. It was horrible.

I involved the police, who said that nothing he had done was actually illegal. They suggested I take out an injunction, which needs a far lower burden of proof. I got one and the stalking ended.

I met the man many years later, he apologised and said he was struggling with his sexuality at that time. He seemed genuine and I accepted his apology. I have never seen him since.

Why was an injunction never suggested to Jack?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 99
I'm concerned.

This is a huge escalation. Like someone upthread posted it's an explanation for everything.

It's the nuclear option for deflecting criticism even if it's true (I believe her but understand the wariness).

What is worrying is what will happen if this does unravel or does start real life consequences. I don't think she will be able to cope with what's been unleashed.

Her poor family. She needs urgent help.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I hope it’s not true but also - I hope it is true. Because to make things like that up would be unhinged.

I hope she’s got actual people around her to support her.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I hope she gets help, but also, I hope she is more careful with giving away her location and personal details on Twitter because of all the triangulation :eek: It might explain a few things but Twitter is not the place. Get help Jack.

I'm not victim blaming but cautious that we know what she's up to and her general location because she overshares, would you do that so prolifically when you have endured a stalker? :eek: I don't understand.
No you wouldn’t do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Yeah, I'm leaning with the Fraus questioning the validity of her story because she is a known liar and exaggerator. Obviously wouldn't want that to happen to anyone, but, it is so hard to believe anything Jack claims. All of her stories are so contradictory. This is a strange one.

100% agree she's deliberately piggy backing off a tragic murder and making it about herself.

Reactions: 39
I don't know what to think. As others have said, I don't like to disbelieve her. I wouldn't usually disbelieve people if they had a story like that but Jack has been such an untrustworthy narrator of her own life and that sows doubt.

However, there is a reason why Jack is the way she is. This and her family's response to it could be that reason.

On the other hand I find it strange that someone who is stalked would make where they live so easily known on Twitter and would overshare so much.

In general though, Jack needs help. She has some kind of trauma and problems in her past and she needs to get them sorted out.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I'm concerned.

This is a huge escalation. Like someone upthread posted it's an explanation for everything.

It's the nuclear option for deflecting criticism even if it's true (I believe her but understand the wariness).

What is worrying is what will happen if this does unravel or does start real life consequences. I don't think she will be able to cope with what's been unleashed.

Her poor family. She needs urgent help.
Agreed. She's set of some major fireworks that she can't just walk way from.

Reactions: 28
You are not alone, also do call handlers have watch managers? 🤔
Yeah, they probably do. I worked in police control and a lot of the operational language and titles were duplicated within the civilian staff.

My experiences also bring about a certain, hopefully healthy, index of suspicion about some of the recent claims. I can't speak with any certainty of course, but police and fire work VERY closely together, I would have hoped that reports of someone stalking a member of the fire service on duty would be acted upon very swiftly and very robustly indeed.

Reactions: 44
@MancBee I’m so sorry you had to go through that. I’m glad at least that the Police could suggest something that led to it ending.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
It’s stuff like this. I’m sure there is someone who would say stuff (actually I had an older acquaintance who complained about me and other women wearing jeans). But I can’t imagine it’s that common and I don’t think most of the time she dresses that masculine, I feel like it’s another attention thing like the tattoos.

Attachments

Reactions: 34
Bit worrying about how identifiable she has made that teacher.
Twitter is not the place for that.
I wondered for a minute if the teacher is very recently deceased and that's prompted it.
But on reflection, probably not.

Reactions: 21
It’s stuff like this. I’m sure there is someone who would say stuff (actually I had an older acquaintance who complained about me and other women wearing jeans). But I can’t imagine it’s that common and I don’t think most of the time she dresses that masculine, I feel like it’s another attention thing like the tattoos.
I thought that, and at the same time using a photo where you have face turned yourself to duck. She is using every stereotypical idea of a 'feminine' face with the big doe eyes, perfect jawline etc.

Is anyone responding on Twitter?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The only people I could imagine ever saying that would be of my grandmother's age (80+). Maybe an old lady in her church circles said that?

Can't imagine anyone else saying it. It reminds of her 'traaazers on a bird' and the dr who said 'you're a drunk.'

Reactions: 27
Two points:

* I still think it is inappropriate in the context of the current discussion. Murder is not a MeToo moment.

* Here is a link for anyone who has suffered non-recent abuse. I know this is a complex issue, but I am so proud of my relatives who reported their abuser years later, preventing him from attacking other children. Even if you do not report, there are options for help and counselling:

eta: wrong link, now corrected
I've got nothing new to say about Jack's tales of her past that I haven't said in previous threads (I think thread 1, even). She certainly has been beset by bad luck.

But I agree with this whole heartedly. Elbowed in the boob on the bus does not share an equivalency with being murdered by a man. And Caitlin Moran's ridiculous hyperbole annoyed me so much. Isn't it enough to just say men shouldn't murder women. It feels enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.