Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish she hadn’t posted that on Twitter. As this thread proves, many of us have stories and it’s extremely triggering. It’s also very irresponsible to talk about the schoolteacher who could easily be identified.

But I’m not going to disbelieve her, even though it’s as overblown as everything else she writes about - I suspect it’s at least partly true. I do think she needs help and a proper social media sabbatical.

Not just Jack, but I loathe all the blue tickers jumping on the murder to get attention.

Changing the subject, Stacey Dooley is on Saturday Kitchen.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I don't believe her at all. If it was anyone else then ofc I would obviously.

She's a famed band-wagon jumper and this is just the next one. She has a story that links her to everything that's ever happened to anyone else and then she takes it to elevenerife.

She specifically jumps on things that make people hesistant to call her out on (sexuality, gender, alleged abuse) and if people do get suspicious then it's proof to her that she's the victim of internet trolls.

There's already a thread on mumsnet about how brave she is. This is exactly what she wants.

RIP Sarah Everard.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I don't believe her at all. If it was anyone else then ofc I would obviously.

She's a famed band-wagon jumper and this is just the next one. She has a story that links her to everything that's ever happened to anyone else and then she takes it to elevenerife.

She specifically jumps on things that make people hesistant to call her out on (sexuality, gender, alleged abuse) and if people do get suspicious then it's proof to her that she's the victim of internet trolls.

There's already a thread on mumsnet about how brave she is. This is exactly what she wants.

RIP Sarah Everard.
This has occurred to me. Say something so awful that no one can question it or you are accused of gaslighting.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Thanks for the tweets. Because she has lied, twisted and manipulated most events I don’t believe her. I feel bad to say that, but I don’t have any sympathy for her because she is such a total liar.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
This has occurred to me. Say something so awful that no one can question it or you are accused of gaslighting.
It's very similar to the Oprah interview with Megan & Harry. Say just enough to warrant sympathy, but not enough to prove anything, anyone who disagrees/questions the validity are branded bullies, trolls, bigots etc etc.

It's a social media trend and I utterly despise it.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
IIRC she was quite laidback about the soap so I don’t think she thought it was him. It would freak me out anyway but if I’d had a stalker it would destroy me finding any sort of unexplained gift/item at my front door
If the recent tweets are true, why would she publicise where she lives and post photos of doors inside her house?

Reactions: 48
I don't know how to do that spoiler thingy but just a small trigger warning re: the below.

I worked on a show about 6 years ago and as part of the development had to track down a woman who had been the victim of a stalker. He had bothered her for years in a multitude of ways and eventually attacked and almost killed her. The police were as useless as Jack paints them to be. I think she reported him about 100 times before the attack.

Anyway long story short, for understandable reasons she had gone to great lengths to hide her location from the media. I found her due to a mention of her name in a picture taken of a local running club and some other digging. There was no other identifying info online. Not a shred of it.

When I eventually wrote her a gentle letter she contacted me straight away, terrified that I had managed to find her. I laid out exactly how I had so she could ensure that nobody else could do the same. She was able to request removal of that online info. I told the company I was working for to cease all contact.

I will say the way Jack freely gives out information online gives me significant pause, based on this experience.

It is my inclination to believe all women and I would put money on pretty much all of us having some awful experiences. But as others have said, Twitter isn't the place and now isn't the time. Very disturbing.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 104
"....and I'd appreciate it if media kept their bleeping beaks out and just let me vent without making it worse for me..."

Strange, after a mega thread on twitter to ask for the media to keep out - previous evidence would suggest that she jumps at the chance to make bank out of her twitter activity. This is as good as a reveal, imho, because she knows that there isn't much interest on account of her previous form for unreliability so she preempts the disappointment by warning them off.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Jack has previously written very explicitly about why she chose not to become an MP and it was to do with hate mail and wanting to protect her son.
I hope that he is being protected now.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
It's very similar to the Oprah interview with Megan & Harry. Say just enough to warrant sympathy, but not enough to prove anything, anyone who disagrees/questions the validity are branded bullies, trolls, bigots etc etc.

It's a social media trend and I utterly despise it.
The Megan/Harry interview has been questioned as well because of discrepancies in their version and reality.

Reactions: 20
1. Police take disclosures of historical abuse very seriously. There is a specific person at each local authority who will deal with allegations against anyone who works for them, the LADO. I have sadly dealt with many cases over the years working as the safeguarding lead in various schools.
2. Children and young people do not tend to lie about sexual abuse. In the rare cases when they do they almost always have a lot of terrible things in their lives. Maybe abuse from another area
3. People who write for money may embellish stories or ‘change details to protect the innocent’.
4. Timeline....

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Darling Canal

how likely is it that a young child 6/7 would not remember abuse?

A few years ago I was driving and a story came on R4 and it triggered a vivid memory image and I nearly crashed the car

I don’t know if this image is real it involved an adult family member the image is not abuse but is certainly inappropriate at best

I am estranged from my family for other reasons

Jack’s post had triggered the image again

I can remember nothing of what happened before or after the visual
Any thoughts?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Darling Canal

how likely is it that a young child 6/7 would not remember abuse?

A few years ago I was driving and a story came on R4 and it triggered a vivid memory image and I nearly crashed the car

I don’t know if this image is real it involved an adult family member the image is not abuse but is certainly inappropriate at best

I am estranged from my family for other reasons

Jack’s post had triggered the image again

I can remember nothing of what happened before or after the visual
Any thoughts?
This would be something to explore with a counselor with proper support. Repressed memories are a real thing but the mind can play tricks too. Love to you.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I'm so sorry, @Oxford_Girl. I think that your brain can shut down to protect you and that some unconscious triggers can activate a memory.
There are a couple of smells (a certain aftershave and some gloss paints) that do the same to me.
Jack should be more careful with her words x

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I just woke up from a nap so a bit groggy. I'm shocked. I do believe something happened to her but not to the extent she has written.

Also I want to apologise if anyone got a laughing emoji instead of the appropriate one, it takes me an age to wake up sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I would very much like to believe her and if it were true it would explain a lot.
She needs help, either way, even if, or the more so, she is lying. The speed dial therapists, if they exist, are probably not the best ones.
Stepping down is not easy because she is addicted to the limelight I guess does not have a proper career to fall unto but that should not be a real obstacle- a solution can be found. And I think it would do wonders.

Two things that have been mentioned I see as critical: the money stuck on the car as an easy excuse for her credit card habit not related to compulsive spending (cards needing to be locked in a box) and NOT expressing any grief, condolences for SE and her family and friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
surely her parents would have known something especially in her teenage years?? I know if that happened to me, my father, extended family members and the community I grew up in would have done something about it. I am not doubting her story completely but it sounds really quite embellished.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I believe women. We all know how tit men can be and how utterly useless the police can be.

Jack absolutely needs therapy. There seems to always be an element of truth in her stories. What concerns me though, if that was happening - and her family were aware, surely more would have been done? Her Dad and whatever connections he has, having vulnerable children in their care too, surely they would have had more weight to push for even an injunction??

• Heart
Reactions: 44
TW (so sorry, my options for blurring my message aren't available for some reason)

Now that Jack has made this disclosure, if the police see it, or are tagged in it (as we've already seen one person mistakenly tag the Met) are they likely to contact her somehow? Or would the onus be on her to contact them?

I am NOT suggesting anyone contact police, as that's not anyone else's place, IMO, but just curious how that would work.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.