Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the last tweet of the thread, don't think it's included in Harry's screenshots so just putting it here for completion purposes. Also another couple of replies.
Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 08.17.36.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 08.04.53.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 08.04.46.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I do believe her.

Hopefully this will be a catalyst for her getting the help she so clearly and desperately needs.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Who knows what to believe.
But just in case, for Jack, and for anyone here who’s been triggered by what they’ve just read

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I’m not saying I disbelieve her at all, if this is true then she really should seek proper help.

but just to respond to your comment, she has made similar accusations before about a foster child in her family home, her brother piped up publicly and said it’s not true. None of her family members or friends seem to intervene when things have become dark in the past.
I'd forgotten about that.
She is effectively saying that her family, the police, her past employers and friends knew about this man and that they did nothing?

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I don't want to say much on this other than point out the fact that she's writing one of her 'essays' about violence against women and girls (on the back of the murder of Sarah Everard) and this acts as an intro / teaser for that. I'm sure it will get lots of clicks now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
I believe her. I wish to god she had put a trigger warning on it though, silly Jack. Anyway. I hope she does get proper help now, there’s no way she can gloss over all of this and do an amusing chaos on tuesday. And it’s her birthday next week. 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
OK I'll say one thing. There's bound to be a grain of truth in it. There's probably a grain of truth in everything she writes. It's what she does with that grain which is .... concerning.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
This is such a good idea, and would add an air of authenticity that our dear heart so badly lacks. There are so many amazing cooks/recipes all across social media and I’d be more inclined to try something cooked by someone that I could relate to as being a bit amateur because they actually are an amateur, as opposed to someone who claims that this is their actual job.
literal food expert

every time

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I will say that this is not the first time she has mentioned being stalked as a teenager. In fact, I believe it was even in her early blogs, although without any details.

I hope her friends and family are supporting her.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Ok I just read the latest / well can’t be called a chaos.

feel bad about my laughing gif now

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I believe her. I wish to god she had put a trigger warning on it though, silly Jack. Anyway. I hope she does get proper help now, there’s no way she can gloss over all of this and do an amusing chaos on tuesday. And it’s her birthday next week. 😔
If she is on her own after writing that then I feel awful for her.

To pick yourself up and do a live show while dealing with this must be horrific.

She needs more than a hug. I do feel really bad for her and I hope the next 20 years are not so traumatic.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I think there will be some truth in this but is the way to heal from such a dreadful experience to splash it all over SM? Jack needs to step away from everything and concentrate on getting proper help

Reactions: 42
This is all a bit much for me, I have so many conflicting emotions. She’s a proven liar but I don’t want to believe she’d lie about those things and make it so easy to identify the teacher (to people she went to primary school with). It does explain a lot and by posting that maybe she’ll be able to accept help. I hope so. But she needs to use trigger warnings - she’d be the first to look for them in other tweets - and that’s when the cynic in me wonders if she’s spoken out publicly to be shocking...

I don’t know. But I think it’ll end up being deleted because if nothing else she might find herself in a tricky position with the teacher if he’s never been prosecuted for any crime against her.

I’m not in any way implying that she’s been drinking but I routinely thank god social media wasn’t that big when I was drinking because I was such an emotional mess, I would have posted all my triggering business with a drink in. Coming from a place of compassion, Jack please step away from SM, take a break from work and get some help.

• Heart
Reactions: 98
I do believe her.

Hopefully this will be a catalyst for her getting the help she so clearly and desperately needs.
I am not saying I do or don't, but it's hard to trust anyone who has lied about even mundane things like owning a toaster and making a lemon drizzle cake....

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Do we think this person is still alive? It’s a hell of an accusation. Not saying it isn’t true.

Reactions: 21
I believe her, it's horrible someone whom seen as an important person abused her trust and continued/ continues to do so.

Perhaps that why she hate powerful men because she doesn't trust them.

She needs help, she needs support from actual friends and family, no hangers on on twitter.

I feel odd she chose to tell it so publicly. I have some stuff that has gone on in my life and I've only told my nearest and dearest. Everyone one else will just use it as gossip. ( In my opinion and not meaning what we do here)

• Heart
Reactions: 44
OK I'll say one thing. There's bound to be a grain of truth in it. There's probably a grain of truth in everything she writes. It's what she does with that grain which is .... concerning.
I don't think people should feel bad for being, well, guarded, in believing it all. It feels awful to have doubts but she has well documented history in that respect.
I really will never understand the need with anyone, not just Jack, to splurge intimate private details all over SM.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I don't think people should feel bad for being, well, guarded, in believing it all. It feels awful to have doubts but she has well documented history in that respect.
I really will never understand the need with anyone, not just Jack, to splurge intimate private details all over SM.
Totally agree, particularly when the person says that they have three therapists on speed dial.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Two points:

* I still think it is inappropriate in the context of the current discussion. Murder is not a MeToo moment.

* Here is a link for anyone who has suffered non-recent abuse. I know this is a complex issue, but I am so proud of my relatives who reported their abuser years later, preventing him from attacking other children. Even if you do not report, there are options for help and counselling:

eta: wrong link, now corrected

• Heart
Reactions: 107
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.