Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why write this unless you are trying to align your childhood abuse to Sarah Everard's murder?
It shows how as humans some people do accept things at face value - from what Jack has posted, that Squiggle has tagged in the wrong police force and said they hope they re-investigate and apologise! I get a lot of people are anti-Police but it blows my mind that people believe everything they read on Twitter.

I know a lot of people are let down by the Police and woman can be asked awful questions after becoming the victim of crime but we simply can’t believe that everyone tells the truth about everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
My opinion only but I believe her, this sounds mostly authentic and terrible but as always I suspect she's jazzed up the story slightly. Either way an appalling thing to have happened

Reactions: 30
I wondered for a minute if the teacher is very recently deceased and that's prompted it.
But on reflection, probably not.
I think she alluded to the fact he is still alive - 'he is no longer teaching'.
She should go to the police now. They seem more clued up re old cases.

Reactions: 34
I’m not really sure what to make of all this.

I wonder if it was him that left the soap on her doorstep.
Yes. Why would you be as flippant as she is about location sharing if something so traumatic had happened? Like I say, I don't necessarily disbelieve her, but I cannot entirely believe her either. And I hate that's how she makes me feel, but when someone lies so very much, it just becomes so much more complicated when they say anything 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Yeah, they probably do. I worked in police control and a lot of the operational language and titles were duplicated within the civilian staff.

My experiences also bring about a certain, hopefully healthy, index of suspicion about some of the recent claims. I can't speak with any certainty of course, but police and fire work VERY closely together, I would have hoped that reports of someone stalking a member of the fire service on duty would be acted upon very swiftly and very robustly indeed.
The police-fire service connection stuck out to me.

I truly believe there is a slither of truth in every thing Jack says. She just twists and contorts her narrative to fit into whatever soapbox label she's aiming at on any given day. I have this horrible suspicion that she has only shared this story now as she wants to get talking head slots on news/current affairs shows. I don't like thinking like this, but, Jack is so duplicitous, it would be foolish not to talk anything she says with a pinch of salt.

The Sarah Everad murder has shown pretty much all women has stories and experiences of being scared and intimidated, just because we are women. I'm being a cynical bleep this morning, and it just seems Jack has taken her own experience and made sure it the worse of the worse, to be top trump of the pile of awfulness. Why is she like this? Is it because of a trauma experienced in the past? Or is it a mental health issue she isn't getting the right help for? I really don't know. That tweet story read like a click bait article, where each post got more dramatic. From mild stalking escalating to her primary school teacher sexually assaulting her. (She's obsessed with coats too)

This has made me feel really uneasy, and not because of the content of her posts, but it's because SHE is saying these things. I believe there's a shred of truth some where in her SM postings, but, I doubt the validity and I frown at her timing.

Jack, we know you read here, I'm going to speak for the cabal and say we're sorry you've experienced these things, but, please, Twitter/Insta are not therapy, they are not trained psychs who can actually help you address your issues and problems. Please seek help. I honestly mean that with the kindest intentions. Life shouldn't be like this for anyone, not even you Jack ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 77
How old was she when she was abducted? I've forgotten - was that a man or woman who did that?

I agree with a lot here - you sort of want to believe her because who in the hell would make stuff like that up?

Reactions: 28
Regarding disagreements, is it better to say “I disagree because” rather than “you are wrong because”?

Sometimes the latter seems to spark conflict whereas the former could get the person reflecting?

Idk, I’ve had a fair bit to drink tonight and judt trying to work out how the “don’t use that name” and other things can be nipped in the bud without the usual 6-10 message tennis!

Edit: and I am genuinely asking rather than suggesting/tone policing.
I would choose the first one. The second IMO is confrontational and would probably start an argument rather than a discussion.

Reactions: 16
Also that she took out credit cards so she could leave cash under this man's window wipers.
yea that's the bit of the story where she jumps the shark. With regard this money claim, are there any credit card fraud experts out there? Surely, if you were forced to use a credit card to pay off a stalker for fear of physical harm, this would be reclaimable...?

Reactions: 20
Whether it's true or not, Jack needs help.

If it's not true, the complusion to make up any old tit just to insert yourself into a narrative again and again is worrying.

If it is true, then she needs to get help as it's obviously still impacting on her life.

Twitter is not the place for it either way.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I believe there are seeds of truth in many things she says. And I'm genuinely sorry that she's gone through something like this. It would explain a lot. But I also agree with PP that Twitter feeds like this aren't going to do her any good in the long run. For all the supportive retweeting she'll get (and the ensuing high from the validation) she'll receive many negative comments, and she'll concentrate more on those.

She needs proper time away from SM, to speak with people who can begin to help her. SM isn't that good for many people.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
yea that's the bit of the story where she jumps the shark. With regard this money claim, are there any credit card fraud experts out there? Surely, if you were forced to use a credit card to pay off a stalker for fear of physical harm, this would be reclaimable...?
This part sends alarm bells ringing. Basically it shows that the ccj’s and defaults etc weren’t her fault from overspending which is convenient. If she has a massive tax bill it won’t be her fault if she can’t pay it.

Reactions: 35
A friend of mine was stalked about 10 years ago by the ex of another friend. The police were useless.. I think because at the time my friend was a heavy drinker, seeing different guys, had profiles dating sites etc., there was a lot of judgement and they dismissed it as a tiff with an ex boyfriend, rather than investigating properly. So I believe that this could go on for a long time without anything being done. I hope that Jack steps away from social media and gets help, both professionally and from her real-life friends and family. I hope she does not monetize this experience or use it to insert herself into the Sarah Everard story.

Reactions: 42
The only comment I will make it is to urge Jack to seek help. If she has in the past and it's not worked then try again with a different approach or professional.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
The only comment I will make it is to urge Jack to seek help. If she has in the past and it's not worked then try again with a different approach or professional.
Just to lighten the mood, but, can totally 'hear' Nessa saying these words.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
This part sends alarm bells ringing. Basically it shows that the ccj’s and defaults etc weren’t her fault from overspending which is convenient. If she has a massive tax bill it won’t be her fault if she can’t pay it.
Nailed it, a not-so-subtle shifting of blame.

Reactions: 34
I did my grunk and was bopping to slopbot (thank you for your service @traumatised sideboard ) but it took a rollercoaster turn.

I have said from the very beginning, she seriously needs help. She says she has many therapists but she need a new one, and a psychiatrist and a psychologist. And her agent needs a hell of a word with herself - if she is too out of her depth then she is actively harming Jack by continuing that relationship. It’s not professional.
I’ve quoted this because RM has now shared her story of a man who made her want to become anonymous. There is not a chance that she has shared this because she intended to at that exact moment. This is the snowball effect that Jack creates because she is unable to see how her social media presence influences people. I worry that there is a small chance there could be a RM thread on here in the future at some point.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.