Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just saw an ad for dishwasher tabs and they talked about rinse, I immediately have a pavlovian response now and picture soggy spaghetti hoops.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Tattlers.... my friends.... I'm back! My husband said it was Tattle or him (obviously I had to choose him!) But I can't help myself.... I've had a bored browse through Twitter and I'm sure you darlings have been ALL OVER THIS but I missed it and have jumped to the latest thread.... I love a good nipple but this is TOO MUCH!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Tattlers.... my friends.... I'm back! My husband said it was Tattle or him (obviously I had to choose him!) But I can't help myself.... I've had a bored browse through Twitter and I'm sure you darlings have been ALL OVER THIS but I missed it and have jumped to the latest thread.... I love a good nipple but this is TOO MUCH!
Welcome back @Sooverthat

Yep that upload is bizarre as ever!

Reactions: 7
So budget cook Jack has saffron in one of her recipes?

She really is an idiot.

That elastic around the bottom is making me anxious to even look at it. Can rinse spaghetti hoops till her hearts content but can’t put her £30 crop tops on the right wash?!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So budget cook Jack has saffron in one of her recipes?

She really is an idiot.

That elastic around the bottom is making me anxious to even look at it. Can rinse spaghetti hoops till her hearts content but can’t put her £30 crop tops on the right wash?!
I don't have any chickpeas to add to my rinsed spaghetti hoops, can I add saffron as a substitute?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Madam has discovered a social conscience over Amazon it seems. Never seemed to bother her before.

4FD83BA1-8623-41BC-9AB3-AAD5274C3DA9.jpeg

Forgot the pic like a twit.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Madam has discovered a social conscience over Amazon it seems. Never seemed to bother her before.

It is only her website stock that doesn't come from Amazon so Amazon are selling it, I doubt she has any control over that

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1

So they are selling it? Says the seller is Amazon? Also as a Kindle
I think she means the ones she sells via her website, as in I don’t think she maybe fulfills the orders herself, a bookshop does it. If you’re that proud Jack, perhaps boycott Amazon? Instead of complaining and talking about it like it’s Voldemort.... I’m no champion of Amazon, although do admit to using it regularly (I also heavily support independent booksellers). I’m not hypocrite enough to slag it off though, and certainly wouldn’t if I was making money off of selling with them. She’s unreal this woman!

Reactions: 9

View attachment 133005
I’ve always held Newham book shop in really high regard for the work they do in the community & especially as a space for kids... and whilst I 100% get why they stock it, I’m a bit disappointed that they do? I’d hate for a local family genuinely hard up to end up with mush for dinner 😕 I feel like they need to come with content warnings they’re so bad?

And I don’t see how I can get done for slander / libel for saying that when her amazon reviews say far worse! They could be doing her for their cash back under trades description if any one’s starting court cases today?!

Reactions: 9
I think she means the ones she sells via her website, as in I don’t think she maybe fulfills the orders herself, a bookshop does it. If you’re that proud Jack, perhaps boycott Amazon? Instead of complaining and talking about it like it’s Voldemort.... I’m no champion of Amazon, although do admit to using it regularly (I also heavily support independent booksellers). I’m not hypocrite enough to slag it off though, and certainly wouldn’t if I was making money off of selling with them. She’s unreal this woman!
I assume that the book shop has an account with her publisher so buys the stock in & then sends her it at cost. Publishers / other content owners have really high minimum buy ins which a book shop would obviously meet across a number of titles & a year, for an individual “content creator” it’s nigh on impossible. So it’d be reasonable to suspect she may not be able to buy small runs of her own book and these shops help her out?

It’s quite common in creative industries & quite sad tbh as it can be really penalising to older creatives / those who aren’t doing as well these days.

Reactions: 7
Real subtle, Jack
Wait a minute. Leaving aside the blatant cup-rattling, she's debating which new Smeg fridge to buy? Aren't the tall ones at least a grand? And if her 'broken' one is only three months old, why doesn't she just get it repaired?

She's like Trump in that the lies, half-truths and contradictions come so thick and fast, you can't keep up. Except that with Trump, it's at least partly deliberate obfuscation designed to exhaust his gaslit audience; with Jack, I think it's just pure compulsive lying for the attention which is her oxygen.

She doesn't seem capable of self-reflection. It's like her reality doesn't touch the sides of any consensus reality at all. And yes, I know that's a rather grand speech over a Smeg fridge but it applies to pretty much everything that comes out of her mouth. Who was it that said she's turning us into fridge truthers? 😆

Oh, and while I'm tossing around FANCY words like 'obfuscation'...

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 11.39.56.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Wait a minute. Leaving aside the blatant cup-rattling, she's debating which new Smeg fridge to buy? Aren't the tall ones at least a grand? And if her 'broken' one is only three months old, why doesn't she just get it repaired?
Good point. A Smeg is a rather FANCY purchase, isn’t it?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hasn’t she thought about getting her fridge FIXED? Absolutely not as she’s got her begging bowl out with Smeg. What a chancer.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Good point. A Smeg is a rather FANCY purchase, isn’t it?
Well, when my last fridge freezer broke I was debating whether to replace it with the pink or green smeg - a common dilemma for us poors.

However, I simply couldn't decide so I ended up going with logik.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Jesus, those pastel ones cost £1700 at John Lewis (never knowingly undersold).

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.