Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good point. A Smeg is a rather FANCY purchase, isn’t it?
It's like £750 to £1500. Not exactly the fridge you buy if you're relying on a tip jar. You can buy one for £150. If I was in her 'alleged' dire straights I'd be going right to that tab at the top and listing from low to high.

Reactions: 15
Hasn’t she thought about getting her fridge FIXED? Absolutely not as she’s got her begging bowl out with Smeg. What a chancer.
So over a £1000 for a Smeg fridge but at the start of lock down was asking for donations for the work she had lost?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
This reminds me of someone I once knew who once said her PLASTIC bread bin broke ... Just cos she wanted to buy a £50-60 Nigella one.

Reactions: 7
Just get your admin off furlough. Or better yet, do it yourself?
She's such a Beggy McBeggerston

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
The brass neck on her!!!

Either considering the purchase (£1700 😳) or downright blatantly BEGGING for it!!

screen shot, so that next time she mentions tip jar, minimum wage, fecking patreon, being broke, crappy rented bungalow or any of the other guilt-tripping atrocities she commits on the poor bewildered people who think they’re keeping her from the jaws of poverty there can be a production line of tattlers posting and reposting this ballix. She can delete and delete, but this should just keep on coming.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Real subtle, Jack
OMFG. Like others I can't believe I just read that. So odd. I was considering this morning tweeting a famous person (Richard Osman) to ask him if he would do a random stranger a massive favour and send a Happy Birthday message for my mum as she's 70 at the end of this week and one of his biggest fans and isn't getting the lovely birthday we had planned for her, but a weird mish-mash of lockdown stuff that we think we can do. I shelved it, for now, because it seemed a bit odd and beggy and weird, though I am still tempted, but that is ANOTHER LEVEL. At least I was thinking of doing something to benefit someone else with my shameless tweet.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm not well off enough to even look at SMEG fridges, but why would she want one when they are (according to various sources) pretty small inside? Is it a brand thing, keeping up with the Joneses, or does she actually not require as much room as she would have us believe? Do not understand.

Reactions: 9
Who coined the phrase “Fridge Truther” yesterday? @Veronicaaa How wise you were!!!

please let the Smeg Fridge be the tissue that wipes away the fog of gullibility from the world, revealing the absolute fecking CON ARTIST (fake firefighter, fake poor person, fake cook, god the list is endless...) beneath. Jack’s Gerald Ratner moment, perhaps.

Of all the crappy truth-bending tit she’s done, Kickstarter aside, this has really incensed me 🤬

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
OMFG. Like others I can't believe I just read that. So odd. I was considering this morning tweeting a famous person (Richard Osman) to ask him if he would do a random stranger a massive favour and send a Happy Birthday message for my mum as she's 70 at the end of this week and one of his biggest fans and isn't getting the lovely birthday we had planned for her, but a weird mish-mash of lockdown stuff that we think we can do. I shelved it, for now, because it seemed a bit odd and beggy and weird, though I am still tempted, but that is ANOTHER LEVEL. At least I was thinking of doing something to benefit someone else with my shameless tweet.
Oh Flumps, that's not shameless at all; quite the opposite - a sweet and generous thought. The idea came from love for your mum because you know what a thrill it would give her!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I came to these threads after the Daily Kitchen episodes. Have just downloaded and watched the infamous lasagne one. I have no words for that sauce (apart from the obvious ones) 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I'm not well off enough to even look at SMEG fridges, but why would she want one when they are (according to various sources) pretty small inside? Is it a brand thing, keeping up with the Joneses, or does she actually not require as much room as she would have us believe? Do not understand.
She’s from money so I imagine it’s a pretty standard consideration

Reactions: 4
Slightly O/T but I just want to thank the poster who put up a smitten kitchen recipe for grilled cheese and courgette sandwiches about a week ago.

Made the filling and had it with a baked spud. Delicious!

• Heart
Oh Flumps, that's not shameless at all; quite the opposite - a sweet and generous thought. The idea came from love for your mum because you know what a thrill it would give her!
Thank you. You've reassured me a bit. Still struggling to phrase it in a way that doesn't sound completely creepy though.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Smeg fridges are so small inside. My mate has one and she opened the freezer and i just laughed. What a sham.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I came to these threads after the Daily Kitchen episodes. Have just downloaded and watched the infamous lasagne one. I have no words for that sauce (apart from the obvious ones) 😳
I’m still traumatised by that lasagne. That watery “sauce“ that just went right to the bottom of the pan. It came out looking like old leather.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m still traumatised by that lasagne. That watery “sauce“ that just went right to the bottom of the pan. It came out looking like old leather.
I'm traumatised just reading about the foul stuff. Don't think I could stomach seeing it for real!

Smeg fridges are so small inside. My mate has one and she opened the freezer and i just laughed. What a sham.
I have a Siemens* fridge freezer, which is so brilliant that when the freezer part died I bought a second hand one off ebay for £20 and cannibalised it for parts rather than buy a new one. Also, allowed me legitimately to take something electrical apart with screwdrivers which made my 8 year old inner self dance with joy.

*Snicker. It's also good for snickering.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.