Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish she'd stop name dropping Anthony Bourdain particularly when posting a photo of the most disgusting slop ever, crap poached eggs with hard yolks bunged on top of a load of other hideous looking thrown together ingredients then a packet of cheap crappy crinkle cut crisps sprinkled on top.
She is an insult to all things *culinary* and to insinuate that her food could in any way help when people are suffering from depression is beyond the pale.
Those eggs look like they're from a poaching pan. Unnecessary and nowhere near as good a proper poached eggs.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Waitrose sells a version - I saw it on their website. I haven’t tried it though. The one I tried was at a weekly food fair on the South Bank. The company (whose name I have forgotten) make chutneys, jams and relishes. It was very delicious.
Just been and stuck a jar in my trolley. Have a shop coming in a few weeks. Like the sound of this. 👍

Reactions: 3
What on earth is this slop? And it is in her BOOK? UGH

View attachment 132712
Just because you can put random ingredients together doesn't make it a recipe. I really get the impression she just doesn't understand this sometimes.
I've bored you all with my story about when my daughter made me breakfast in bed when she was about 7 - it consisted of a burnt fried egg, marmalade and raisins sprinkled on top - but it really didn't look dissimilar to that picture. About as bizarre.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
It was the crisps sprinkled on top that tickled me, were they to add texture? 😂
I think she may have thought they were quirky. I noticed one of the comments was a barf one.

I think she is bored now. No book signings coming up, no book tours for a time to come, so she does silly Guardian interview, makes a muck slop dish who her sycophants fawn over, who will then buy her book. My bet is on that she does a crowdfund to get this book out to either foodbanks or mental health outfits.

Reactions: 9
I think she may have thought they were quirky. I noticed one of the comments was a barf one.

I think she is bored now. No book signings coming up, no book tours for a time to come, so she does silly Guardian interview, makes a muck slop dish who her sycophants fawn over, who will then buy her book. My bet is on that she does a crowdfund to get this book out to either foodbanks or mental health outfits.
Conversely, somebody called it divine 😳

If they want to pay my expenses, I'll do it 😂
Expenses? Jack's poor my dear, you'll get given a raft and have to make your way under manual power, like Greta Thunberg.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Those eggs look like they're from a poaching pan. Unnecessary and nowhere near as good a proper poached eggs.
Oh! Well I stand corrected.... I had no idea that something like that even existed 🤔 what's wrong with water in a pan? She is such a lazy, tit cook 😂

Reactions: 5
what, something like:
• champ flatbreads,
• STEWssaka?
balaclavabaklava (see what I did there?)
• adding fried halloumi to an Ulster Fry (actually I could get on board with that one 😋)
I can imagine the stewssaka 🤢
And balaclavabaklava almost made me laugh up a lung!
It was the crisps sprinkled on top that tickled me, were they to add texture? 😂
Do you think they’re the Real McCoy’s (~fancy~) or some supermarket brand crinkle cut crisps?
Which flavour do we think she plumped for? Cheese and onion? Thai sweet chicken? Chip shop curry sauce? 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
What on earth is this slop? And it is in her BOOK? UGH

View attachment 132712
When I read jalapeno crisps in the description, I thought it meant sliced jalapenos that had been dehydrated or fried to be cripsy. I've had to look at this picture far too long to realise that I think she's just referring to crumbled up potato crisps with I assume jalapeno flavour? For the record, your honour, I object! I object!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.