Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those photos are too much for me right now. Stahp!

P.S. I have tried to be thrifty and freeze mashed tatties. They defrost into a mushy watery pile of slop. So though *some people* might enjoy that, it was a NO for me.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
🙋‍♀️
Mind you @People-huv-tae-know, your user name is pretty braw too

What is it with these people biting the hand that feeds them? I know we never know what goes on behind closed doors but if she’s not painting a picture that her folks didn’t care enough about her (even though her mum’s on Twitter and can see everything 😔) then that other bloody national treasure Joe Wicks has been slagging off his mum for not breastfeeding him when he was a baby!!
In reality I am Isa ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Come on, throw some questionable fusion combos out there for Jack to accidentally discover all by herself while fannying about in the kitchen
what, something like:
• champ flatbreads,
• STEWssaka?
balaclavabaklava (see what I did there?)
• adding fried halloumi to an Ulster Fry (actually I could get on board with that one 😋)

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Onions and potatoes are on the list
I live in a very hot part of Australia, so ignore a lot of this tbh 😂 Bread goes in the freezer though because it's nicer than if it's been in the fridge. Potatoes go in the fridge, but I don't buy great sacks of them. They ferment rapidly if put in a cupboard - delightful! When I was in the UK we had one of those potato bags you can buy at the poundshop *so fancy* which worked well

Reactions: 9
I live in a very hot part of Australia, so ignore a lot of this tbh 😂 Bread goes in the freezer though because it's nicer than if it's been in the fridge. Potatoes go in the fridge, but I don't buy great sacks of them. They ferment rapidly if put in a cupboard - delightful! When I was in the UK we had one of those potato bags you can buy at the poundshop *so fancy* which worked well
Blimey, you've got a long commute to come to court 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Blimey, you've got a long commute to come to court 😏
@Cookiecookie may I be the first to offer accommodation in what now looks like the unlikely circumstance that we are summoned to court?

I do live *up north* but the journey down to London will be nothing to you, being used to the vast expanses of Australia.
Plus I always keep my bread in the freezer (I only eat sourdough and find it toasts better after being frozen).
I won't be offended if you get a better offer 😂

• Haha
Why thank you @poppycat 😁 I did used to live up north, so would be quite content. I can cook and bake (honest!), so long as you don't mind swearing, and the odd stupid injury. I once turned the wrong burner on, touched it, and somehow recoiled with the most incredible left hook to my nose. I was seeing stars!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I wish she'd stop name dropping Anthony Bourdain particularly when posting a photo of the most disgusting slop ever, crap poached eggs with hard yolks bunged on top of a load of other hideous looking thrown together ingredients then a packet of cheap crappy crinkle cut crisps sprinkled on top.
She is an insult to all things *culinary* and to insinuate that her food could in any way help when people are suffering from depression is beyond the pale.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Why thank you @poppycat 😁 I did used to live up north, so would be quite content. I can cook and bake (honest!), so long as you don't mind swearing, and the odd stupid injury. I once turned the wrong burner on, touched it, and somehow recoiled with the most incredible left hook to my nose. I was seeing stars!
It would be my pleasure @Cookiecookie and I swear like a trooper so no worries on that score!
Sorry to hear about the left hook to the nose, hope you're fully recovered 🤕, it seems we have a lot in common as I'm prone to stupid injuries too, last one was breaking my toe by dropping a bathroom cabinet on my foot!
If the court case takes place in the summer you can choose whether to stay in the house or camp out in the garden, if the latter you could keep an eye on my newly planted wildflower meadow, inspired by chatter from us evil hausfraus 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wish she'd stop name dropping Anthony Bourdain particularly when posting a photo of the most disgusting slop ever, crap poached eggs with hard yolks bunged on top of a load of other hideous looking thrown together ingredients then a packet of cheap crappy crinkle cut crisps sprinkled on top.
She is an insult to all things *culinary* and to insinuate that her food could in any way help when people are suffering from depression is beyond the pale.
Using Bourdain to advertise her crappy 'depressipes' is bleeping gross.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
She is starting to become like that Kays good cooking page on fb🤢 I didn't realise eggs could be deceptive, sneaky buggers

• Haha
  • Sad
I know it’s irrelevant because her fridge ain’t broken, plus the mash didn’t happen, but 3kgs mash 1kg butter? Is she not even capable of making mash and therefore translating it into a bullshit story? I put a duck ton of butter into my mash and it’s still only about 125g to 1.5kgs potatoes. That makes about 2/3 of a decent sized saucepan full of mash. She made 3kgs so two saucepans of mash - with x4 packs of butter??? Wtf what a load of bollocks. Plus cheese 🤷‍♀️ Lies LIES LIESSSSSS I TELL YA!!
I can’t believe she has the gall to reference Bourdain - he’d have seen right through her tit

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
OT I know but have just finished Season 2 of Dead to Me on Netflix, funny and tragic at the same time, perfect acting and writing.
Any other hausfraus fans?
LOVE it mainly for Judy’s style. The second season wasn’t quite as good in my opinion but I still didn’t want it to end.

Reactions: 5
We ain’t going to court. I mean, I sort of wish we were, for all kinds of reasons (mostly, how fab it would be to meet all you gals), but Jack has no case. And any solicitor worth their salt would have told her this. Which isn’t to say that Jack would have listened to the advice of course (she doesn’t seem the type to listen to anyone to be fair), but this is not a Katie Hopkins scenario. Rather, this would be a free speech case - in which she tries to shut down a very mild gossip site for expressing some (let’s face it) pretty mild views. Even the blue ticks would baulk at supporting that. Compared even to MN, this is fluffy kittens central.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We ain’t going to court. I mean, I sort of wish we were, for all kinds of reasons (mostly, how fab it would be to meet all you gals), but Jack has no case. And any solicitor worth their salt would have told her this. Which isn’t to say that Jack would have listened to the advice of course (she doesn’t seem the type to listen to anyone to be fair), but this is not a Katie Hopkins scenario. Rather, this would be a free speech case - in which she tries to shut down a very mild gossip site for expressing some (let’s face it) pretty mild views. Even the blue ticks would baulk at supporting that. Compared even to MN, this is fluffy kittens central.
There was a really interesting post a few threads ago from a solicitor couple about all of this & I suspect that’s why we’ve not been threatened with ”costly legal action ladies” since. I wish I had a print screen but the jist of it was exactly that - online forums have certain protections as they are simply hosting discussions which are protected by freedom of speech laws?

Obviously this would be different if we were discussing genuinely illegal weirdo tit like bomb construction or extremist ideology. Although I imagine a few of her recipes could be deemed by the objective person as tantamount to biological warfare so we’ll have to be careful there haus fraus 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.