Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just because you can put random ingredients together doesn't make it a recipe. I really get the impression she just doesn't understand this sometimes.
I've bored you all with my story about when my daughter made me breakfast in bed when she was about 7 - it consisted of a burnt fried egg, marmalade and raisins sprinkled on top - but it really didn't look dissimilar to that picture. About as bizarre.

I have been giving this a lot of thought, and I think the perfect vehicle to relaunch Jack's TV career could be that seminal 90s series 'Get Stuffed'.

Fond memories of watching this at 2am, straight after Prisoner Cell Block H. I think Jack could thrive as lead presenter in a reboot of this student classic.

Egg in a Mess - Bad Food for Any Day

Corned Beef - The Prequel

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Who commissions her?! That looks like something I would produce so where’s my book deal? I could call it “Cop Come Cook: Lenny Briscoe; The Egg Years”.
I’m almost afraid to ask but what’s the bottom layer??
It's Bourdain mash, Lenny. Pay attention.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I can imagine the stewssaka 🤢
And balaclavabaklava almost made me laugh up a lung!

Do you think they’re the Real McCoy’s (~fancy~) or some supermarket brand crinkle cut crisps?
Which flavour do we think she plumped for? Cheese and onion? Thai sweet chicken? Chip shop curry sauce? 🤔
They were jalapeno apparently 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Seems she does actually have friends, someone called Georgi said she wished she had stayed longer for the mash 🥴 I aint breaking lockdown for her slop.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
When I read jalapeno crisps in the description, I thought it meant sliced jalapenos that had been dehydrated or fried to be cripsy. I've had to look at this picture far too long to realise that I think she's just referring to crumbled up potato crisps with I assume jalapeno flavour? For the record, your honour, I object! I object!
I thought the same! I was like, fair play to her, she’s experimenting with different textures in her cooking there - it’s not just slop for once. But no...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I grow weary now. Bring on the apocalypse.

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 08.00.08.png

Although this one did make me laugh. Louis, sweetheart, you might as well chuck in chopped burnt tyre rubber and spit on it; it won't make a difference at this stage.

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 08.04.26.png

As others have said, the Bourdain thing - wow. A bad-taste insult to his talent and his memory. If she dares to frame this monstrosity in her book as a depressipe tribute to him, I will be writing to her publisher.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
I grow weary now. Bring on the apocalypse.

View attachment 132723

Although this one did make me laugh. Louis, sweetheart, you might as well chuck in chopped burnt tyre rubber and spit on it; it won't make a difference at this stage.

View attachment 132726
Just remember, these are the same people that ask whether they can use a stockpot instead of as stock cube or if self-raising flour works for making gravy. The utterly clueless.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I live in a very hot part of Australia, so ignore a lot of this tbh 😂 Bread goes in the freezer though because it's nicer than if it's been in the fridge. Potatoes go in the fridge, but I don't buy great sacks of them. They ferment rapidly if put in a cupboard - delightful! When I was in the UK we had one of those potato bags you can buy at the poundshop *so fancy* which worked well
I used to live in Australia and we kept almost everything in the fridge just because of all the cockroaches/ various bugs etc that would appear otherwise 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Last night me and some mates spent a good 25 mins on the group chat trying to guess the spice (photo my friend had sent of a jar which expired in 2013... nice) and we were like "bleeping hell, lockdown has actually sent us mad if this is what consists of fun now", but at least we weren't lauding a Z-list compulsive liar as a gastronomic wunderkind for crumbling up crisps on a bowl of slop. That's when you know you've cracked.

bleeping crisps!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
As others have said, the Bourdain thing - wow. A bad-taste insult to his talent and his memory. If she dares to frame this monstrosity in her book as a depressipe tribute to him, I will be writing to her publisher.
Im bloody raging how dare she mention Bourdain. I loved him and I think he would be horrified by her horse spunk cooker!

Last night I was telling my husband about horse spunkgate and he commented it’s obvious I’ve not been out the house in over a month 😬

I thought it was dried banana 🤣
So did I!!! 🍌

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Just added sliced Peperami to my porridge. #edge
Just prepare yourself for a slot on DK and various book deals

Im bloody raging how dare she mention Bourdain. I loved him and I think he would be horrified by her horse spunk cooker!

Last night I was telling my husband about horse spunkgate and he commented it’s obvious I’ve not been out the house in over a month 😬

So did I!!! 🍌
As I read here laughing to myself, I can see my partner thinking the same 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Such dreadful bad taste to even mention him in the same sentence as her ridiculous *depressipes* - she really has no shame 😖
And to refer to that plate of revolting slop as containing "Bourdain mash" - there are no words.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Such dreadful bad taste to even mention him in the same sentence as her ridiculous *depressipes* - she really has no shame 😖
And to refer to that plate of revolting slop as containing "Bourdain mash" - there are no words.
He must be spinning in his grave

• Sad
Reactions: 5
He must be spinning in his grave

We must hope that associating herself with deceased chefs who can't sue doesn't become a trend. What next 'My nod to Michel Roux's Soufflé Suissesse'?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.