Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I'm going mad because you can pretty much freeze everything she lists, can't you??

Assuming of course that she has enough spare room in the freezer. Has anyone heard anything of Louisa in the last week or so?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
And all of her fruit and veg will be fine for at least a couple of days in a cool place in the house. Storing potatoes and onions I. The fridge is plain weird.
It’s potentially dangerous - there’s a chemical in potatoes which may cause cancer, it can increase to unsafe levels if stored in the fridge and then cooked in certain ways

• Wow
Reactions: 9
She's making a thing of the fridge dying so that when people give suggestions she can shoot them down. Except the blue tickers, obvs.
What advice are her Tory mates gonna provide...

Well darling usually I don’t get involved in domestic affairs but last year when we had a fire thankfully the help survived and did a fabulous job at clearing the whole thing up x I’ll send them right away, they can get a tube from W1 right?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
God I love passion fruit and I haven't had any for years. You can freeze them whole, the pulp goes lovely when squeezed over vanilla ice cream, you don't even have to bother defrosting them.
I bought some yesterday at Aldi. I was so excited! I love exotic fruit, hardly ever get it because of both price and food miles, but yesterday all my principles went out if the window.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Don't worry - she'll have friends up and down the country frantically throwing their families food into kitchen work surfaces /the bin so they can kindly gift her their fridges 🙏

• Haha
[edit] she *does* realise she can just freeze the fruit as it is, does she not?
Hmm, If she flicked through Shivi’s book I’m sure she’d get some inspiration. I’m sure she remembers how great Shivi was as a guest in the show she co-presented a few weeks ago. It’s all about using your freezer and immediate ingredient inspiration....

• Heart
Also just read that onions shouldn’t be kept in the fridge because it makes them go soggy quicker

Maybe if she stored her food appropriately she wouldn’t have so much grotty veg to use up

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Also just read that onions shouldn’t be kept in the fridge because it makes them go soggy quicker

Maybe if she stored her food appropriately she wouldn’t have so much grotty veg to use up
I actually made some gnocchi yesterday because I had so many potatoes to use up, it freezes really well and is very simple (I hadn't made any for years because of the hassle so was a bit worried about them turning out terrible but they were really good, didn't fall apart when cooking or anything). Sad to say, I reckon gnocchi will be too FANCY for Jack despite them just being potatoes and flour (and an egg, if you're that way inclined).

Funny really, you'd think her USP would include giving advice on appropriate food storage. Storing fruit and veg properly makes it last so much longer.

Reactions: 13
I don't think he really has done a lot of good. Definitely not altruistically anyway. All the extra subscribers his PE have got him will have him set for life.
Yes, not an ounce of altruism, but a lot of people have found his daily exercise useful.

I also hate the way he monitises his children. Tp give Jack her due, she doesn't plaster pictures of her son all over social media.

I read he made something like 1.6 million in the first five weeks of lockdown.
Please, don't give Jack ideas. A television series that covers cooking, fit and exercise - all on budget.

• Haha
Thing is....going back to how her lies might upset relatives and others close to her.

They are absolutely enabling her by not calling out her bollocks. There is NO WAY I would allow such comments to be made which impacted upon me. Especially if I knew the comments to be abject rubbish,

I’d be calling her out and reminding her of all support given. No way would I sit there and listen to her saying she sold the grandchild’s favourite toy when everyone knows grandparents are comfortably enough off to ensure that wouldn’t ever need to happen.

Jack is so full of bollocks but those around her are just as bad for enabling it all.

Reactions: 8
She also sold her piano and sung in a church choir. Why is everything designed to pull at heart strings why not just get on and sing if that is what you want to do to help with self confidence? Why all the poor me history ? Is it really helpful to keep living in the past ?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She has told someone one of cheeses has melted. How the actual duck would cheese melt at room temp? Lies.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
A fridge breaking down would be an excellent reason to lure an estranged partner back home (or at least, back in touch) to help sort it out.

🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.